Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question from someone returning.

KordeshKordesh Member Posts: 1,715

I originally left WAY back when this was in beta/had just released. Less of a noob and more appreciative of the game now, I've started playing again. I want to subscribe again once I can benefit from the expansions to support the game and keep it going, but I'm not sure what point that would be since I haven't really leveled any character past 30 before and I don't know what exactly is available in the expansions, specifically what level ranges are supported. I'm assuming more or less the higher end 150-200.

Short version: When would be the best level/time to unfroob myself.

Bans a perma, but so are sigs in necro posts.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!

Comments

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

Well i'd say shadowland alone is worth paying for.  The starting area there is awesome, you can play in SL from 1 to 220 if you want.  If i was you i'd buy Lost Eden it comes with all the previous expansion, so it's a good deal for 29.95$. 

• KordeshKordesh Member Posts: 1,715
    Originally posted by Aguitha

Well i'd say shadowland alone is worth paying for.  The starting area there is awesome, you can play in SL from 1 to 220 if you want.  If i was you i'd buy Lost Eden it comes with all the previous expansion, so it's a good deal for 29.95$. 

Yeah the Lost Eden bundle was what I had been thinking about. I know you can start in the Shadowlands from 1 to 220 because the Shade and such need to start there anyway so it has to have lower level content. I never really experienced much of the standard game before I left though. I'm thinking I'll do what I can without the expansion until I start getting bored with the scenery and then drop into the SL.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!

• QBorgQBorg Member Posts: 64

I don't know why you say RK1 is dying. There are 13k players >201 on RK1 vs 10k on RK2 according to auno.

• evilednaeviledna Member Posts: 29

Personaly (and im a fanboiand make no excuses for it) i would say do the 14 day shaddowlands trial and start there, the graphics are far superior to the rk starting zone and will give you less of a wtf this is crap negative start back in the game,  go with ma or adv as they are the easyest and cheapest and try and make some "chimea weps" (if your not ma who uses fists :) )  please dont judge the game in ten mins via the rk graphics. have a 'decent go' at the 14 day trial and go from there. if you want to make some money in sl find out about "spec 1" and sell the books to powerlevelers, you can make at least   .5m per set of books which will give you some very reasonable start up cash and is very easy to get at leavl 15 or so just remember to go to borialis rome or athen to sell them.

• KordeshKordesh Member Posts: 1,715

Originally posted by eviledna

Personaly (and im a fanboiand make no excuses for it) i would say do the 14 day shaddowlands trial and start there, the graphics are far superior to the rk starting zone and will give you less of a wtf this is crap negative start back in the game,  go with ma or adv as they are the easyest and cheapest and try and make some "chimea weps" (if your not ma who uses fists :) )  please dont judge the game in ten mins via the rk graphics. have a 'decent go' at the 14 day trial and go from there. if you want to make some money in sl find out about "spec 1" and sell the books to powerlevelers, you can make at least   .5m per set of books which will give you some very reasonable start up cash and is very easy to get at leavl 15 or so just remember to go to borialis rome or athen to sell them.
    The graphics don't bother me at all really. I like I said, I played for a good period way back when. I was in beta for quite some time and left right about when the game released because I was an idiot and burned out on missions. By burned out I mean, I never even left the starting town. At all. For 30 levels....on several characters....you get the idea.

I'm having fun times with cash for the next two weeks, but once I get that sorted out I'm going to start up the expansions me thinks.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!