Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I think theres going to be waaay too many pirates running around.

2»

Comments

• kovahkovah Member UncommonPosts: 692

Originally posted by Herkmeck

You know Kovah, I probably know more about tall ships and smaller ships then you, matter of fact I done that been there and have the hands to prove it.  Just cause I dont have a 'been there done that' signature dont mean I am a noob in real life....
     I know for a FACT that spanish ships are slow and bulky...Drake took a galleon on in a sloop.
    English ships, were fast after overhaul, and well armed.  But 3000 miles later they needed their bottoms scraped.
    Dutch ships are shallow draft and heavy.
    And a med rig will out sale a square rig ship anyday...
    Too bad dutch are going to be NPC...They had a good ship in the frigate class.
     <----- to your ship knowledge

I don't know a damn thing about real life ships and don't really care.  My comments were directed at what I thought was you commenting about Pirates of the Burning Sea.

• AnnekynnAnnekynn Member Posts: 1,437

Since pirates cant capture ports, I wouldnt count on there being THAT many of them. Most folks will want to organize into guilds and participate in the main point of the game, and that is port conquest, which can only be done by the non-pirate nations.

• SplatzorSplatzor Member UncommonPosts: 92

They can hold a port for 3 days, and only have thier port / ports held for only 3 days.  All the nations start out with 12-14 ports I think , something close to that I believe.

• zipitzipit Member Posts: 487

Originally posted by defenestrate

Pirates and British seem like they're going to be way overpopulated. Every poll I have seen indicates that.

British? We don't need no stinkin' British !!!   

Royal Spanish Defense Fleet FTW !!!!!!

• PhosPhos Member Posts: 455

I usually pick underdog classes and factions. Maybe I'll be a Frenchman. But then I'll have to learn to say funny French sounding things instead of "YAAARRRRR!!!"

- Phos

imageAAH! A troll fire! Quick, pour some Kool-Aid on it!!!

• Daveman424Daveman424 Member UncommonPosts: 22

I believe the proper French phrase is, "Le Yarrrr".

• ScriarScriar Member Posts: 772

Yeah this game is going to have a lot of pirates, it is called pirates of the burning sea after all ;p I think it won't make much of a difference though seen as how the battles are instanced, i assume that the amount of people in once instance is limited, so you shouldn't have the problem of being outnumbered.

Only thing that looks worrying is that those ports look small from the screen shots, hope it doesnt get over crowded :)