Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how bad is the grind?

2»

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    Originally posted by Jumper2k

Originally posted by alyndale

Grind for the first 20 levels is not too bad.  My personal record was to get a lil dorfie gurlie pooh up to 20 in less than 20 hours game play.

But, once you get to level 50+ it literally "grinds" to a halt...  LOL 

After level 60...jeesh..you better have TS or vent and some folks to chat with....

20  hours gameplay just to get to 20?! jeeeeez I can get to 20 on wow in like 4 hours probably 

Man I can't imagine what the rest is like.

L2 makes the training of skills in EVE look quick and easy by comparison....

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• isurusisurus Member Posts: 396

20  hours gameplay just to get to 20?! jeeeeez I can get to 20 on wow in like 4 hours probably 

Twinked you can do 1-20 in 4 hours easy (in L2). 

But that's twinked, and that's just how L2 works.  Without Ebay/IGE/etc or other character(s) or friend(s) feeding you adena, the grind stretches out exponentially. 

• sh1nysh1ny Member UncommonPosts: 23

Originally posted by isurus

Twinked you can do 1-20 in 4 hours easy (in L2). 

But that's twinked, and that's just how L2 works.  Without Ebay/IGE/etc or other character(s) or friend(s) feeding you adena, the grind stretches out exponentially. 

Yep, coz everyone is in a hurry to get to the top lvls and show off his e-peen. And this game is more than that :)

About the grind - you can do 10% + ( even 20% or more ) a day with a proper party at the proper place at higher ( 76+ ) levels. It just requires you to play 8-10 hours to do that.

The game's economy is not screwed, it just requries you to NOT spend your adena on every little thing you can, and actually play the market ( which im bad at  :P ).

I've played WoW, GW, UO, AO and whatnot else that i can't think off right now. And i've stayed in L2 the most, since you always have that "higher" target to reach - would it be the next level or the next item craft ( which can fail :P ). Right now i got 2 hours to play in 5 of the 7 days of the week - that's like 1-2% exp, but i aint in a hurry :D

This game is about patience, relations, trading and ...well...drama , lots of drama :P

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

graphics wise dont this use a modified version of the unreal 2 engine.. so it is quite old but still looks nice.. just not up to todays standards.. yes yes it looks better than wow because wow is ment to look comic book like..

this game is a major grind tho ..

• JonnyBigBossJonnyBigBoss Member UncommonPosts: 702

It's possibly the worst grind in any game. Enjoy.

• red8red8 Member Posts: 1

Hi to Sovrath, haven't seen ya in forever.

To the OP:  I played L2 for over 2 years. If you are worried about the grind being difficult, I would suggest against this game.While things are a whole lot easier now compared to when I started, the grind is absolutely horrible. If you don't mind a long and very drawn out grind, then you have the opportunity to meet a tremendous number of people from all over the world. I have met some great friends from all over the world playing L2. I have met some people I wouldn't associate with IRL also, but those are fewer in number, and generally younger people who have a cross to burn.

I don't know if I will go back to it, as I don't really care for the grind myself, although the people can be fun.

• kwaikwai Member UncommonPosts: 825

Well the grind is probally the hardest no matter what MMO you choose beyond Lineage 2

• tyuwantyuwan Member Posts: 19
    Originally posted by red8

I don't know if I will go back to it, as I don't really care for the grind myself, although the people can be fun.

That's my whole reason why i play L2 lol

• kwaikwai Member UncommonPosts: 825

Originally posted by tyuwan

Originally posted by red8

That's my whole reason why i play L2 lol

Well i could be without the bloddy chinese raid boss farmers.