Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

pay 2 play?

Comments

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by pocho

Hi

Guild Wars 2 is going to be persistent (with instanced zones, but more like a mix, not something like GW 1), and is still going to be free to play. Guild Wars has a team of over 100 persons, and is free. Technically also is very good, and still free.

I just want to point that those aren't reasons to have monthly fees.

I understand people who doesn't want immature players, but think about us, those poor 20+year old students! :)

Excuse my english, not my first language.
    We don't mind the 20+ students, we do mind the 15 years and below "students".
  • KharmedKharmed Member Posts: 101
    Originally posted by sasuke17

either that or we r just smart enough not to waste money monthly on a fuking game... unless u r a tester or designer these games cant bring u ne money bak... on the other hands sports for example have the possibility of maying u bak 10 fold or more depending on how far u go hell even poker has the possibility if u play enough to get ur money but mmo's have no such option however i am all for donation systems and item malls so that even the ppl that don't have a large enough income to support the extra bills can play and the company will still get money for updates and other services...

Seeing you're post it seems you are hoping the game will be Free to play, it's a good thing this game will be pay to play(80% sure), that's one less immature lilttle kid in our comunity. You were the perfect example of an free to play player and an pay to play player.

• JokezJokez Member Posts: 1

Guys i've been reading this thread and what came to mind is why doesn't a company make a game Buy2Play with decent updates.. I played 2000hrs of Guild Wars and they had weekly updates and monthly build changes which i found amazing.. although i did spend 1999hrs PvP and 1 hr RP.. lol .. PvP FtW

P.S - you say if it's Free2Play there will be a lot of noobs.. i say bring it on noobs!!

• CyntheCynthe Member UncommonPosts: 1,414
    That's the thing, games like GW work well that well because it's mostly the PvP that makes the game. Games with more features like housing, player based economy, crafting, an evolving world, mob ai, need a bit more attention and updates. Not saying GW wasn't updated, they did a really great job for what the game is. Personally I found it lacking in some respects which is why i don't mind paying to play, as long sd the fee is reasonable and matches the amount of updates the game gets.

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)

• Deuce6Deuce6 Member UncommonPosts: 23
    Originally posted by Sunrider

My major problem with the things i've seen about this game is that it looks like it has the "typical" asian UI. I'm hoping to god this isnt a grind-fest AND that the flying isnt flight-path setup outside of certian areas. Like i'm hoping that the flying is free where ever you want to go and able to be activated at anytime. This is a concern of mine because I saw a gameplay vid where the charecter took off at one NPC and landed at another.
    It has been stated that Aion is using the Lineage 2 UI until they develop one of its own.  From the status bar to the chat window to the party list, it is exactly like L2 at this point.
  • orezmaxorezmax Member Posts: 10

ive done some reseach and i have found that this game will most probally be p2p as much as i dont like 2 say it. HOPEFULLY IT WILL BE BUY 2 PLAY soooooo if anyone has any comextions or if any NC people are reading this plz make it B2P plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BY THE WAY EVERYONE I THINK the flying is free roam. this games gonna be great!

PS: if this game WAS free it would probaly end up being crappy QUAL 

• CyntheCynthe Member UncommonPosts: 1,414
    It is P2P and the flying is free form.

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)

• NiirnaethNiirnaeth Member Posts: 99
    Seriously, having a game P2P isn't a bad thing. Better service, updates, and content is worth the money. Besides if Aion is as good as it looks like it will be, it will be all some people play. So that's saving money.
  • gamespawngamespawn Member UncommonPosts: 21

Aion is going to become P2P

The games that are B2P are failures and those that are P2P are flagships. It's just a mather of numbers ;).

• pyrocrazypyrocrazy Member Posts: 65

This game will definately not be F2P. I can say that just by watching some videos of it and by how big the project is...

The game kinda reminds me of FFXI online

• Darkseth12Darkseth12 Member Posts: 148

i like is p2p cause most of NCsoft games but i think it is worth it

• Amid18191Amid18191 Member Posts: 12

In that system game must be very cool if makers want to pepole play this

• AtomyAtomy Member UncommonPosts: 76

I would even pay 25 euro's a month for the looks of it now.

• jmmcglojmmcglo Member Posts: 203

I'll pay just about anything to play this game. Even if it costs $30 a month lol. I suspect the monthly fee will be around $13-$15 a month. Pretty standard for mmos. I like P2P though because you know that your money is going to support and development.

We are recruiting... Want to learn more? Click here.

• Darkseth12Darkseth12 Member Posts: 148

and p2p graphics/gameplay are way better than those free games. I hope they dont make it to expansive i would want to to be $15 and no more than that.

• jmmcglojmmcglo Member Posts: 203
    Originally posted by Darkseth12

and p2p graphics/gameplay are way better than those free games. I hope they dont make it to expansive i would want to to be $15 and no more than that.

True that... FFXI online spoiled me over all those years of playing. Sorry WoW worshipers, but toon'ish graphics are teh'suck. Realistic graphics FTW!

We are recruiting... Want to learn more? Click here.

• memdropmemdrop Member Posts: 20

ofc it will be p2p cos it's NCsoft (GW is just a big flaw)

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905
    Originally posted by memdrop

(GW is just a big flaw)

Hardly, GW is one of the most successful MMO's out there. Vanguard and games like that are "big flaws". Odds are (99%) this will have a monthly sub. NC needs to put some more news out there, its crazy this topic is still going.....

• ZinraeZinrae Member Posts: 50

The NCSoft game time card boxes now have characters from both Tabula Rasa and Aion on the front of them, so I would say it's pretty likely that Aion will be p2p. http://www.play.com/Product.aspx?title=3344373&r=PC&PRODUCT_TITLE=NCsoft+Game+Time+Card%3A+60+Days

Of course, we probably won't get an official announcement on the payment method for a while.

• maxstonemaxstone Member Posts: 151

GW is a fluke rather than a flaw...and it's not quite the same as the other MMO's it's compared to so bringing it up as a reason why monthly subs are "wrong" is not appropriate.

• JynnJynn Member Posts: 23
    Originally posted by ayase

Believe me... it won't be free to play. Sorry, just don't want you to get disappointed at a later stage :) Dungeon Runners and Guild Wars were both off-shore productions, none made by the Korean development team making Aion (We're talking 100++ developers on this game) . Furthermore, both Guild Wars and Dungeon Runners are highly instanced which allows for a different server structure and adaption depending on amount of players. Basically, it's cheaper to maintain. SUN is also highly instanced and falls under the same category. I would say, the reason all of the fore-mentioned are free is that they do not provide lasting content that would excuse a monthly fee. They lean towards temporary satisfaction games more related to the FPS family.

Remember, Aion is a huge production which they are putting real effort into. It's another flagship (Like Lineage). Even if it will cost to play, I am convinced it will be worth it.

I HIGHLY agree with ayase, This game needed to last for a long time with expansions, updates, watever, and to do that...what the develpoers need????........money, right! and how can they get it....from US!

Sin

• unherdninjaunherdninja Member Posts: 331

I hope its P2P cus a game that looks that great deserves it! NcSoft Jack up that price you guys are doing great on this game!

• local93bclocal93bc Member Posts: 353

I really dont understand why this game would be P2P ! period..

Im never going to P2P a game ever again.

And theres alot of us.

Player Plat markets and RL Item vendors always kill every good game now a days.

I mean Really!!!.. Last game i played (EQ2) i spent more Real  money buying plat from some Crazzy Plat farmer to keep up with prices Inflation, then i did On the monthly Fee !!!!

Hello!!!!!!!!! Wake up ...  Sell the game for 100$ and then, Online vendor everything worth somthing in the game. Eather way its going to end up on the market!!!!

I bet u if they did that right . they could make way more then there little 30$ a month Fee a player.

I will never P2P a monthly fee ever for the rest of my life!

• CharlizdCharlizd Member UncommonPosts: 923

Originally posted by local93bc

I really dont understand why this game would be P2P ! period..
    Im never going to P2P a game ever again.
    And theres alot of us.
    Player Plat markets and RL Item vendors always kill every good game now a days.
    I mean Really!!!.. Last game i played (EQ2) i spent more Real  money buying plat from some Crazzy Plat farmer to keep up with prices Inflation, then i did On the monthly Fee !!!!

Hello!!!!!!!!! Wake up ...  Sell the game for 100$ and then, Online vendor everything worth somthing in the game. Eather way its going to end up on the market!!!!

I bet u if they did that right . they could make way more then there little 30$ a month Fee a player.

I will never P2P a monthly fee ever for the rest of my life!
    Ok so lets all adapt to not paying to play a game and  put the DECENT MMO game market in extinction (notice the decent)

If you decided to waste real cash on buying plat from plat farmers then that is your choice and loss... i did not see when i joined EQ2 that i had to spend more real cash to buy mats and so forth in game.

Andrew "Charlizd" Phippen | Lead World Builder | The Saga of Lucimia MMORPG
  • local93bclocal93bc Member Posts: 353

Well being on the PvP server dint help eather.

All im saying is.... im not going to be spending 40 houers a week like i use to on a game to make the plat i need to be uber.

And whats the pointe of playing if u cant make yourself uber... (Paying) your way or (playing )your way.   Time is money !!! Look the words even look the same!!!

Iv been playing online games for 17 years . The comunity has evolved , The games have only manage to be less intresting every year.

Monthly fee's suck!