Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anarchy Online: New Point System

2»

Comments

• NeverknowNeverknow Member Posts: 224
    Originally posted by Produde

Originally posted by mindmeld

The question of course is how big of update the graphic engine will make.

Still my favorite mmo i just wished the controls for moving around your char wasnt so stiff that is a huge minus for me

Off To[ic regarding "moving around", but maybe you could make a new post and explain what you mean.

IMHO there is nothing difficult with moving around unless you mean "point and clcik" which is a personal preference that not all would agree with.

I've always found the "wasd" and toolbar control setup in AO to be one of the best there is. I'm curious what is meant by "stiff controls" myself.

• mindmeldmindmeld Member UncommonPosts: 229

Offtopic again

Its hard to put the finger on it its just something that i felt was lesser , of course that didnt stop me from playing it for 3years+

If the graphic overhaul is enough i will start playing it serously again even if im not totally happy with the controls.

There is other games old and newer that imo has better controll over the char not gonna go into that here :)

-Semper ubi sub ubi!
    always wear underwear

• FlummoxedFlummoxed Member Posts: 591

I played for a year when it first came out and have been playing the last few months as a froob and i've been reminded how astoundingly Complex (though not overly complicated) the game is.  Missions do get tedious after a while though and there's really not much else to do except lvl grind up to pvp.

• KyanMehwulfeKyanMehwulfe Member Posts: 9

The game is a sort of experimental lab for Funcom. This is one in a series of new methods to try make them game accessable beyond a traditional monthly fee. The in-game advertisements by notable mainstream products and services was likely the biggest change.

• KhazyKhazy Member Posts: 13

Off topic: The controls for the game in the beginning (at least the first 4 years) didn't have any mouse support for camera-movemement, so you had to rotate etc. by using the numpad. That didn't bother me at all while I played, but I remember returning on a froob acct after playing EQ2 for som time and it annoyed me a great deal. Luckily you can move the camera with the mouse now =) Not sure if this is what you had in mind.. whoever it was... when you said they were "stiff", cause on that I agree now in retrospective.

Back on topic... I've always loved AO, and the way FC use it to try out different stuff. The point system sounds like a good idea, I've always missed something like a hooverboard to race around on.

On a second note, correct me if I'm wrong, the gfx engine used in AoC is the same (although of course greatly improved) as the one used in AO... I really hope they can use some of that in an updated AO look. (No, not saying that I hope, or think, that they will use the same... just saying that with the experience they've gained with all the work and effort put down on the engine I hope they can give the AO looks a great boost. =))

Khaz