Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3?

stabemzstabemz Member Posts: 132

Anyone see any sitings on Diablo 3? if its an acuall game or if there even discussing on making it? please let me know im a huge diablo fan!!

Comments

  • LoupsterLoupster Member Posts: 74

    I can't say for sure but I'm pretty sure it's all just rumours. They got Starcraft 2 first and then there's some more concrete talk about them thinking of starting a World of Starcraft. Just doesn't seem like they'll have much time to get a Diablo 3 in the works but I could be wrong.

    -Snowman <- this name was taken.....but I like it more

  • AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844

    just a rumour dude they havnt started working on it yet

  • baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,308
  • ianubisiianubisi Member Posts: 4,201

    You'd either be hearing about it in 2009 or 2011, based on Blizzard's track record.

    Keep in mind, all of the talent that made Diablo and Diablo II such a major hit are gone. All of them.

  • hristodhristod Member Posts: 46

    They'll make it as the D2 is still a huge game. But don't get your hopes on seeing it done in the next 5+ years.

    Blizzard will have to reform the whole game into a 3D Kick-Ass-Game and this will take loads of time. If you make a poll my bet is on 2014.

     

    Ico

  • retrospecticretrospectic Member UncommonPosts: 1,466

    I hope they don't waste developers on a Diablo game unless it is a Diablo MMORPG (which is pointless at this point).  Diablo does not have the same replay value as an MMORPG.  People hack, dupe, and exploit as much as possible because they make their own servers and the world isn't persistant.

    I vote NO.  Instead, work on a Starcraft MMORPG and do it right.

  • turnipzturnipz Member Posts: 531

    People have been playing the game for like longer than 7 years..

    The stories and quests are also a helluva lot better than any mmorpg out today, and they have an aiming/dodging system no mmorpg has.

  • Keebs1984Keebs1984 Member Posts: 1,356

    Blizzard said they will have another announcement at Blizzcon.

    Could it be Diablo 3? Yes

    Could it be a new Lost Vikings game? Yes

    Could it be a new expansion to WoW? Yes

    Personally I am hoping for a new Lost Vikings game.

    Eternally mine,
    Keebs


    image

    The MMO gaming blog I write for.

  • WolfenprideWolfenpride Member Posts: 3,988

    Considering the original batch of people who made diablo1/2 are gone, I really dont look forward to third...the 2nd imo wasnt that great compared to the original Diablo if you ask me...they had to go and make it all the typical "adventure game"

    The first was amazing venturing into the church, was actually kind of scary first time I played it.

  • Darkseth12Darkseth12 Member Posts: 148

    i wouldnt want to play a starcraft mmorpg though i would play a diablo i think its easier to make up a fantasy game than a sci-fi one

  • LoupsterLoupster Member Posts: 74

    Originally posted by Darkseth12


    i wouldnt want to play a starcraft mmorpg though i would play a diablo i think its easier to make up a fantasy game than a sci-fi one
    but the problem is there's already so much fantasy that it would be hard for them to make another fantasy MMO beside WoW. I think a Starcraft MMO would a great way to introduce a lot of players to sci-fi MMOs just like WoW introduced a lot of players to fantasy MMOs.

     

    as for blizzards new anouncment, my moneys on it's a new WoW expansion but I'd rather it be that they're going into development of a World of Starcraft.

    -Snowman <- this name was taken.....but I like it more

  • DreamagramDreamagram Member Posts: 798

     

     

    Originally posted by Loupster

    there's some more concrete talk about them thinking of starting a World of Starcraft

    Where? I haven't seen any concrete talks about this anywhere, only speculations, and I've been looking rather actively.

    Originally posted by ianubisi


    Keep in mind, all of the talent that made Diablo and Diablo II such a major hit are gone. All of them.

    I keep seeing people saying this, but have only read about some (most?) of the key people having left and created Flagship Studios. Have somebody actually said they took every single one with them, or that they went elsewhere?

    In any case, I'll for sure be playing a Diablo 3 if it comes and is anything close to the first two games.

  • knowomknowom Member UncommonPosts: 195

    If Blizzards behind it I'm not interested worst customer service that I've encountered just out of principle of it I wouldn't play another one of there games.

  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,695

    My guess is that Diablo III is going to be announced at Blizzcon.  They have been working on it for some time, makes no difference that the original crew is gone, they have to recode it anyways.

  • CannedweaselCannedweasel Member Posts: 36

    I've been hearing people talk about  Diablo 3 ever since Diablo 2 came out, so I'll take the rumors with a grain of salt.  I will say, however, that the rumor mill has been working overtime, and it's entirely possible that it's an upcoming project.  There are easily some concerns about it, what with the majority of the Diablo development team having left Blizzard, but all in all, if it's in the works, I'm looking forward to it.

  • AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

    Originally posted by knowom


    If Blizzards behind it I'm not interested worst customer service that I've encountered just out of principle of it I wouldn't play another one of there games.

    /agree

    Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

  • severiusseverius Member UncommonPosts: 1,515

    Diablo 3 hmmm.  I think that would be either Mythos, or Hellgate: London :)

  • KaneKane Member Posts: 780

    I think the BlizzCon announcement will be either/both Diablo 3 and WoW Expansion 2. They have publicly stated that they have NOT started serious discussion of World of Starcraft. They HAVE said they are working on the second expansion. It has been unofficially confirmed that they are working on a Diablo-esque game.

  • Darkseth12Darkseth12 Member Posts: 148
    Originally posted by Loupster


     
    Originally posted by Darkseth12


    i wouldnt want to play a starcraft mmorpg though i would play a diablo i think its easier to make up a fantasy game than a sci-fi one
    but the problem is there's already so much fantasy that it would be hard for them to make another fantasy MMO beside WoW. I think a Starcraft MMO would a great way to introduce a lot of players to sci-fi MMOs just like WoW introduced a lot of players to fantasy MMOs.

     

     

    as for blizzards new anouncment, my moneys on it's a new WoW expansion but I'd rather it be that they're going into development of a World of Starcraft.

    yea i agree with u in this i guess the better succeeding game would be world of starcraft well there is alreaady a story to it so it would be easy. the races could be the protoss, zerg, and terran, i think there going to make new classes if they make a mmorpg 4 starcraft

  • cupertinocupertino Member Posts: 1,094

    In regards to the Blizzcon announcement (auguest 3-4 BTW) my money is on a WoW expansion, blizz said they'll release an expansion every year after TBC, and with AoC out in October and more importantly WAR out in february (ish),  Blizz need to get the ball rolling and to show whats coming to azeroth.. I pray for PvP action but who know... ill be happy if they get around to guild halls/banks.. its been 2.5 years ffs.

    I'd also like to see a release date for SC2 or maybe even a DEMO!

    image

  • foliotfoliot Member Posts: 88

    I realize that the Diablo team from Blizzard is gone, but does Blizzard really need them to make an awesome game?  Look at Starcraft and Wow.  The Diablo team didn't do much for those projects I am guessing, and they turned out to be extremely popular.  I have good faith that there will be a new Diablo game, and that it will be as kick ass as the other ones.

    Also, I think that making it into an MMO might drive some of the original fans away.  The game is so very different than an MMO, such as the fact that you can make a whole account full of level 90s (pretty much the highest level needed) in less time than leveling up one character to max level in an MMO, which is nice if you want to try a new character, build, or switch realms.  I just cant see Diablo being as successful as an MMO.

    I really think that they are making one, given the success of the other two, although they might not release it for years to come.  But I don't care if it takes a while longer, as long as they do it right, because I doubt that they would make a fourth one, maybe an expansion or two though.

  • GnazonGnazon Member Posts: 442


    Originally posted by cupertino

    I'd also like to see a release date for SC2 or maybe even a DEMO! imageimage

    Looks like the current release date for StarCraft 2 is 10/8/2008. That's why I'm expecting it sometime in 2012...

    image

  • AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

    Originally posted by foliot


    I realize that the Diablo team from Blizzard is gone, but does Blizzard really need them to make an awesome game?  Look at Starcraft and Wow.  The Diablo team didn't do much for those projects I am guessing, and they turned out to be extremely popular.  I have good faith that there will be a new Diablo game, and that it will be as kick ass as the other ones.
    Also, I think that making it into an MMO might drive some of the original fans away.  The game is so very different than an MMO, such as the fact that you can make a whole account full of level 90s (pretty much the highest level needed) in less time than leveling up one character to max level in an MMO, which is nice if you want to try a new character, build, or switch realms.  I just cant see Diablo being as successful as an MMO.
    I really think that they are making one, given the success of the other two, although they might not release it for years to come.  But I don't care if it takes a while longer, as long as they do it right, because I doubt that they would make a fourth one, maybe an expansion or two though.

    /agree with everything here.  I dont think just because most of the big names who brought us Diablo II are no longer working for blizzard that blizzard would hesitate to make another Diablo game.  When they want to make D3, they definitely will..  It will probably not be till after SC2 releases though.

    I'll be surprised if D3 is a mmo, but who knows?  The randomized dungeon thing that made D1 and D2 somewhat unique might not work as well for a 3D game, so they might just decide to make big changes with D3.  I am counting for something more like Dungeon Runners though, except like... Good... Not low budget like DR is. 

     

    Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

  • LoupsterLoupster Member Posts: 74

    Originally posted by Kane


    I think the BlizzCon announcement will be either/both Diablo 3 and WoW Expansion 2. They have publicly stated that they have NOT started serious discussion of World of Starcraft. They HAVE said they are working on the second expansion. It has been unofficially confirmed that they are working on a Diablo-esque game.
    Well Diablo-esque basically means similar to Diablo but not Diablo. And as to Dreamagram, considering that while Blizzards states that they have not started serious discussion on a Starcraft MMO this does clarify that there is some discussion of a Starcraft MMO all the same, I think this counts as being a more concrete rumor than the few fansites and petitions that are going around about a Diablo 3.

    Like I said earlier, it just seems like they have too much on their plate for them to start Diablo 3 any time soon although thinking about it more I defineately would not be dissapointed if they did make it some time soon.

    -Snowman <- this name was taken.....but I like it more

Sign In or Register to comment.