Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question for alpha Testers

bballermc333bballermc333 Member Posts: 283

When you PvP does it have to be 8vs8 or can you do 1vs1 2vs2?

Big Baller

Hype For Upcoming Games:
Guild Warz ::::08::
EVER QUEST 2!!!!::::08::

Comments

• DaShizDaShiz Member Posts: 375

3) It appears that Guild Wars PvP combat revolves around small teams of 8 people. Are there any plans to allow larger sized PvP battles such as 32 vs. 32 or 50 vs. 50?

The Guild Wars engine can certainly support large groups for PvP; there is no technical reason why we could not do so. So far, we have found that 8 players is a very effective group size. The question then is about the number of groups that could form a single team. For that decision, we will weigh feedback from the E3 for Everyone event, and will rely on our alpha testers to share their perspective of combat in Guild Wars.

Though I am not an alpha tester, I doubt that they can disclose that information b/c as the quote from above that question (at least upon pvp combat size) was asked in there first fan site friday interview, and as it says they are probably testing that aspect, or will be soon. Since there is an NDA still in affect for the alpha testers. I played the E3 for everyone event, and though that was far from an resemblence of a complete game, I didn't find any areas in which you could 1v1 or 2v2 pvp. I like the idea though. In EQ they would have events where they would have a competition to find out who was the best warrior out of all the servers, they could easily apply that type of event to GW.

Your scathing wit and daring insight into the turbulent political crags of the internet are shining beacons of truth and purity for the slight remaining masses of visionless hypocriticial sheep who bleat at the thought of your glory

Your scathing wit and daring insight into the turbulent political crags of the internet are shining beacons of truth and purity for the slight remaining masses of visionless hypocriticial sheep who bleat at the thought of your glory

• bballermc333bballermc333 Member Posts: 283

Can anyone follow up on this? I really wanna know if you can have less then 8v8

Big Baller

Hype For Upcoming Games:
    Guild Warz ::::08::
    EVER QUEST 2!!!!::::08::

• RosssRosss Member Posts: 8

As you know from the E3 event content is locked down at the moment for testing. In that event we had 8v8 and 2v2 (2v2 being the arena). I imagine you should expect lots of solutions for all sorts of matchups, including 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, and so on. ArenaNet have said that they could potentially do any feasible numbers on each side and my response to this is to wait and see what the developers put in, as they will add a lot of content before release.

• 2pacalypse2pacalypse Member Posts: 198
    From my experience from the ARENA fighting area during the e3 event it was always  4 vs 4 not 2 vs 2 i think you have it wrong about that.

GW Alpha Member

Legion of Exile