Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good for New Players?

drDamagedrDamage Member Posts: 60

Is Shadowbane too mature for a fresh player. I mean in the sense of the economy or majority of playes... would a new player struggle to find groups or has the economy gotten too crazy like an EQ scenario?

Comments

• smcbsmcb Member Posts: 40
    Originally posted by drDamage

Is Shadowbane too mature for a fresh player. I mean in the sense of the economy or majority of playes... would a new player struggle to find groups or has the economy gotten too crazy like an EQ scenario?

As a new player to Shadowbane you will be starting on noobie isle. On noobie isle you can stay to level 25 I think. Leveling for a new player on noobie isle might be hard since you dont know the maps for spawns, but not that bad to level 1 to 25 if you dont know that maps. You can leave noobie isle before level 25 but its best to learn the game there so you dont get PKed. Shadowbane is all about guild, nobody groups outside of not being in a guild. Your best bet is to go to the Shadowbane forums and post in the recruitment section of yourself looking for a guild. You can also tree travel / teleport to Khar or Sea dogs rest and ask to join a guild or look at the who list for people recruiting. Most people will just give you the link to a website to apply to join them. The Mourning server is your best bet since its VERY populated and VERY active.  Max level on SB is 75 and that can be reached in just two days even with just an ok guild, so dont worry about that. Good luck killing and looting the dead! If you have anymore questions about builds and what not just post on the SB forums or here for help. Good char creation is a must have since it will make or break your build latter in game.

• DubonEngevenDubonEngeven Member Posts: 96

If you value your life you will avoid Shadowbane, the whole world revolves around PvP which dont get me wrong, i love pvp, but basically all you do is. Farm Farm farm farm farm, PK, farm, PK, farm PK, farm PK, farm, there is nearly no content, you can buy and sell equipment, farm or PK

Most players in Shadowbane PK low levels and then trash talk them for being gimp.

This game should of been pulled long ago, not to mention the chinese are taking over the game world, I admit it can be enjoyable but HoD aka the Chinese ruined what little fun was left in the game.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

im gonna give this a go.. after all its free and the realm v realm thing sounds good :)

• ShazzelShazzel Member Posts: 472

Good luck, this is the most cutt-throat game on the market and noobs are sheep for the wolves. I'd find a guild asap, try to join a zerg guild at first then branch off once you learn and meet better players. (note: this could take 6 months+)

Also dont keep rerolling, find one class and learn it from top to bottom. Druid or Fury farmer  to start (i prefer druid). Later make a spec toon.

For server.. Go Vindication (loreplay) or Wrath, stay away from the rest. Stay FAR away from mourning.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

rolled a vamp rogue on morning.. planning on moving onto assassin..

only played for about an hour and got to lvl 8 as well as looking around a bit...

finding it hard to get past the bad graphics but ill keep at it hehe :) as the PVP system in this games sounds so bloody good.. its also a big shame its point and click but there we go..

• JLAristotleJLAristotle Member Posts: 16

Its a good pvp system if you like no holds bar action.  Once you leave noob areas you are lunch meat for anyone that wants to kill you.  Im not saying that this is bad, it is what it is.  If you want free for all pvp then this game is for.  I played it when it first came out, I played a wizard it was  a pet class and some of my spells where not working yet.  So i cant tell you how much it has changed, but from what i hear it is the place to be for pvp.