Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thanks but no thanks Eve

AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,320

When I came here I asked if this game was for me. I got a lot of responses and advice. After a lot of thought I decided that for now I won't play the game. Before I say why, I want to say what did NOT influence my decision (or at least did my best not to allow to influence my decision).

1) The Goon Squad. They protest a bit too much. At some point principles have to outweigh fun and if CCP is even half as bad as they claim, they should quit no matter how much they like Eve. It won't change anything in the game, but they'll feel better about themselves.

2) The pro-CCP crowd. I ignored the people on both ends. I swear, some of the pro-CCP posters I've seen here wouldn't believe CCP could do anything bad even if a dozen of their top developers got on YouTube and admitted GS is more right than wrong.

For the game itself, the biggest factor not to play was from one of the first responses I received. The game is ruthless. It's a FFA PvP with a severe death penalty. I don't think I can enjoy myself in such a game. If I was playing against computer opponents, I'd have no problems kicking them when they're down. But against real people it's different. I wouldn't want that done to me so I shouldn't do it to others. From what I have read, being nice doesn't get you far.

Unfortunately if that aspect of the game did change, it loses its appeal to others and a necessary characteristic of the game itself.I'm not vain to think the whole game should cater to my wishes. There are people who want a FFA PVP game and that's OK. I'm not one of them. Maybe I'll change my mind.

Plus I'm still enjoying my current MMORPG and I don't have the time to focus on two games and keep up with my non-computer hobbies. So thanks to everyone who offered their advice. It didn't work out, but hey everyone knows this game isn't for everyone. Keep having fun!

Comments

• f1sebf1seb Member UncommonPosts: 194

Well that is a very good reason.  I applaud you  for looking into the EvE community and finding out for yourself what it's all about  is and not let anybody else try to give you excuses for Goons, BoB, and CCP.  If there were only more people like you in this world things would be so much simpler. High Five!!

• deplorabledeplorable Member Posts: 418

I enjoy the game now and again, as a small break.. since i don't take it seriously.

the EVE tv, thing put me off... recently though.

i mean i loved the bit where they actually interview Hellmar answering the recent allegations. Which was just.. wth...

i'm pretty sure Saddam TV would have voted old Saddam the sexiest man alive, and worlds best leader.. hours before his execution. (Saddam tv doesn't exist, it's just pure sarcasm on my part)

*shakes head* made me giggle though, it was like "we're innocent, there's no need for us to bring this up again.. in fact it's over and done with... but.... " but here's propoganda in your face from our own EvE tv anyway. There was no point, and is no point to that. funny though. stupid. but funny.

• JonnyBigBossJonnyBigBoss Member UncommonPosts: 702

Ok. Bye bye now.

• TaramTaram Member CommonPosts: 1,700

IMO you should have at least tried the trial.  EVE is harsh but if you never leave highsec it really is a very casual game.  My wife is the ultimate care-bear and loves EVE.  She mines and runs missions in high-sec.  She's never had a ship blown up yet (4 months).  Her corp has been war-decced twice but she could have avoided that by staying in the newbie corp.  Death penalty is only really painful if you are careless and don't prep properly for missions or if you venture forth into lowsec/0.0.  If you stay in high-sec you're fairly safe from hostile aggression... if you stay in high sec and don't join a player corp the only thing that can get you killed is your own stupidity :)

But if you feel it's not for you then that's fine :)  Hope you find something more to your liking.

"A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell

• MoobkradMoobkrad Member Posts: 308

Originally posted by Alverant

When I came here I asked if this game was for me. I got a lot of responses and advice. After a lot of thought I decided that for now I won't play the game. Before I say why, I want to say what did NOT influence my decision (or at least did my best not to allow to influence my decision).

1) The Goon Squad. They protest a bit too much. At some point principles have to outweigh fun and if CCP is even half as bad as they claim, they should quit no matter how much they like Eve. It won't change anything in the game, but they'll feel better about themselves.

2) The pro-CCP crowd. I ignored the people on both ends. I swear, some of the pro-CCP posters I've seen here wouldn't believe CCP could do anything bad even if a dozen of their top developers got on YouTube and admitted GS is more right than wrong.

For the game itself, the biggest factor not to play was from one of the first responses I received. The game is ruthless. It's a FFA PvP with a severe death penalty. I don't think I can enjoy myself in such a game. If I was playing against computer opponents, I'd have no problems kicking them when they're down. But against real people it's different. I wouldn't want that done to me so I shouldn't do it to others. From what I have read, being nice doesn't get you far.

Unfortunately if that aspect of the game did change, it loses its appeal to others and a necessary characteristic of the game itself.I'm not vain to think the whole game should cater to my wishes. There are people who want a FFA PVP game and that's OK. I'm not one of them. Maybe I'll change my mind.

Plus I'm still enjoying my current MMORPG and I don't have the time to focus on two games and keep up with my non-computer hobbies. So thanks to everyone who offered their advice. It didn't work out, but hey everyone knows this game isn't for everyone. Keep having fun!

lmao

Sorry for the hijack, move along.

• KordeshKordesh Member Posts: 1,715

In before "Its not for you" and general elitism

Bans a perma, but so are sigs in necro posts.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!

Originally posted by Taram

IMO you should have at least tried the trial.  EVE is harsh but if you never leave highsec it really is a very casual game.  My wife is the ultimate care-bear and loves EVE.  She mines and runs missions in high-sec.  She's never had a ship blown up yet (4 months).  Her corp has been war-decced twice but she could have avoided that by staying in the newbie corp.  Death penalty is only really painful if you are careless and don't prep properly for missions or if you venture forth into lowsec/0.0.  If you stay in high-sec you're fairly safe from hostile aggression... if you stay in high sec and don't join a player corp the only thing that can get you killed is your own stupidity :)
    But if you feel it's not for you then that's fine :)  Hope you find something more to your liking.

Don't waste words, he ain't gonna change. As he said, he is still happy with his other MMO.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500

EVE is many games, and the FFA PVP aspect is only one part of it.  I've been playing over a month now and have yet to be fired on.  Now, in about 2 months I'm going to transition over to a player corp in 0.0, but that's my choice, otherwise I could have an entire career w/o a single fight. (suicide pirates not-withstanding)

You might want to give the "free" trial a go before deciding the game isn't for you... I'm sure glad I did.  I'll be opening my 2nd sub sometime this week.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121

To me an open PvP game is always going to be the best...Because why grind on countless monsters and level up that way? You wont get any better because you will always use the same tactics...But in a PvP game you're forced to adapt to whatever happens to you in a fight, you have to change your style to beat him/her or die trying...Its more challenging and fun, there are people who are really good and can beat up to 3 or more people in PvP, but you'll always find someone better faster smarter....Thats when you feel the rush of adrenaline flowing through you and you have to act fast...Thats the kind of feeling I want, it just makes the game more exciting and you'll have stories to tell your friends etc...I havent felt that way in a long time and the only game that gave me that much fun and excitement was UO when you can basically PvP anywhere...

• AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,320

Originally posted by Moobkrad

Don't waste words, he ain't gonna change. As he said, he is still happy with his other MMO.

And I still can't find the time. Even for the trial. The nature of the game was only part of the reason why I'm not playing.

• kjemperkjemper Member Posts: 181

[...]the biggest factor not to play was from one of the first responses I received. The game is ruthless. It's a FFA PvP with a severe death penalty. [...] From what I have read, being nice doesn't get you far.

I know you've already made up your mind, but I wanted to clarify in what way this game is truly harsh.  You seem to distinguish it as harsh in the sense that those who are nice (not harsh) do not survive.  This is not the truth.  It is harsh in the sense that those who are not smart do not survive.  I think Dr. Eyjólfur Guðmundsson puts it best by bluntly saying, "[...] the sandbox nature of the game requires players to use a higher level of strategic thinking and real-world business skills-–a unique feature among its counterpart MMOs. It is obvious that only the smart ones can survive in EVE."

There is a very complex economy within EVE that runs the game and decisions of most players in the background often going unmentioned by most players.  Much like in the real world, most wars that occur in EVE take place over resources of some sort.  (Using resources broadly of course.)  There are those who simply go and pick on those who are new to the game, but they are few and far in-between since there are more important and time consuming things to do than waste the millions it costs to participate in such things. 

Those who are "mean" usually do not survive because they waste their resources frivolously without the slightest understanding of what they are doing.  Take the Goons for an example.  They are large with many players that have been playing for over a year.  They are known for wasting money to harass others.  Then they wonder why they are running short on resources during wars.

This is EVE, it is harsh because only the smart survive. 

This is not to convince you to play, this is to only clarify how this game is harsh.  I could not survive this game when it released either, but now that I have a few years of a college education I can actually understand the game and how to take advantage of its many features.  (I'm still learning though!)  The ability to fight in this game is only the icing on a foot thick very rich cake.  This is why you do not often run into many players under the age of 20 that have played for more than 6 months.  

EDIT: Happy hunting in whichever game it is you're playing! 

• LonewolfLonewolf Member UncommonPosts: 252

I just started Eve a couple of weeks ago, and I am really enjoying it, I can see how people get bored of the missions and repetitive mining but I have joined a nice player corp and they just tell me, PATIENCE PATIENCE PATIENCE, and I agree, currently sitting in a destroyer now annihilating Agent 1 missions racking in the cash for more skills which passes the time for me to learn new things and get even more stuff

I like it, it allows me to not have to play 8+ hours a day to get to the highest lvl

• XXenXXen Member Posts: 88

And I still can't find the time. Even for the trial. The nature of the game was only part of the reason why I'm not playing.

Not really to argue, but your whining about something you havnt even a clue about and wont change soon ....

Sry to say, but that reminds me really of some bigtime politicians *gg*

Otherwise, take your time, i wouldnt judge about something till i tried, and myself needed about half a year (very casual gameplay) to settle in EVE... but thats the nice side of it ... it progresses even if you dont do anything except putting skills.

• NassergamezNassergamez Member UncommonPosts: 37

Someone once told me never to eat through the eyes of other. You already judge the game before playing it. You need to get into the nitty-gritty and find what best for you. Not through the lip of others. Preferably I like the game, but I'm the type to mine in and out the set my clock to the skill system. Don't get me wrong there are flaw in the game as well. Like a voice system that I seem to have not use once sinse starting or the total automatic pilot feel of the game or even the realistic 1-30day skilling up session, I havent experience everything there is to Eve but if you were a fan of games like Homeworld or Freelance this may be the thing for you..Take the time to at least do the tutorial, but don't waste our time and this sites hard drive space imforming us that you'll be the 1 person in a world of serveral billion to not play, because in reality a opinion of a person who just post here there doesnt outweigh the opinion of someone who took the time to play then post here...

That's a better response than the initial one. If you don't have the time, say it. Don't bash a game you haven't even tried.

• KrummbullKrummbull Member Posts: 2

Ahh yes, cue the condescending 'obviously if you don't like Eve, you're too [insert lame slam of choice here]' fanboi avalanche of bull....

Sorry fanboi's but someone making a conscious decision that they'd rather not play a 'game' where you have to be constantly hunched over the keyboard in 'screw everyone before they screw me' paranoia or else they're "stupid" does not mean anything about their 1) intelligence, 2) game-playing ability or 3) that they 'need to go back to WoW'

The OP didn't come out and say people that like to play a game made by cheating gankers to entertain others who enjoy ganking talks to some serious social issues in said players.  He simply said its not for him.  so where do you get off ripping on him???

Originally posted by Krummbull

Ahh yes, cue the condescending 'obviously if you don't like Eve, you're too [insert lame slam of choice here]' fanboi avalanche of bull....
    Sorry fanboi's but someone making a conscious decision that they'd rather not play a 'game' where you have to be constantly hunched over the keyboard in 'screw everyone before they screw me' paranoia or else they're "stupid" does not mean anything about their 1) intelligence, 2) game-playing ability or 3) that they 'need to go back to WoW'
    The OP didn't come out and say people that like to play a game made by cheating gankers to entertain others who enjoy ganking talks to some serious social issues in said players.  He simply said its not for him.  so where do you get off ripping on him???

Last time I checked nobody bashed the OP for not liking EVE.  What people "bashed" him about was the fact that he is bashing the game without ever having tried it.  Complaining about how "harsh" it is or how much "time" it will take without ever having tried it.  I play EVE.  I have a full time job (60hrs a week) a Wife, 3 kids, a dog, a McCaw, 2 guinnea pigs and a circle of friends and family all of whom are far more important to me than any video game.  I play EVE when I have time to.  The cool thing about EVE is I can still advance my character and not even be IN THE GAME.  My character grows and advances whether I am currently online or not.  So where is the 'massive time requirement' there?    Where is the 'harshness' of the game?

The answer is that the OP has many misconceptions because he's taking advice from people who have either never played the game themselves or played it for all of a day before deciding it wasn't for them.  I'll be honest.  The first couple times I tried EVE out I didn't much like it either.... not sure why... at the time the game was a lot different than it has become in just the past year or so.  It's VERY different from the game I helped to Beta test.  It's VERY different from the game I refused to purchase at release.  It's VERY different from the game I quit in 2003/2004/2005 during my multiple free trials.  It's even VERY different from the game I left in mid 2005 after buying it finally and still even MORE different from the game that I left in early 2006 because ASCN burned me out.

EVE has changed so much in the past few years that it really is not the same that it was even just 18 months ago.  Sure some of the core mechanics are the same but a lot of the key complaints are either no longer valid at all or are very strongly mitigated by just a little effort now. 

If you read my post I specifically told the OP that I think he did himself a disservice by judging the game based solely on what he read on message boards.  To get a true feeling for whether you like a game, any game, you really should try it.  EVE has a 14 day free trial... no credit card even required..... and yet the OP didn't even bother before deciding it wasn't for him and then proceeding to bash both EVE haters and EVE fans alike.  So I ask:  If you had no intention of trying anyway then why post?

In my original closing I simply said:  Sorry EVE isn't for you, hope you find a game you can enjoy.  That's not bashing.  Nor were 99% of the replies in this thread.  Most of the replies were merely people like me who felt he hadn't given the game a fair chance.  Personally I could care less if people play EVE or not.  I enjoy it as do most of the people I know who tried it.  I don't care if someone else doesn't like it.  But if you're going to render a judgement on a game, on a forum, then you darn well should have at least PLAYED the game before passing judgement upon it.  If you chose not to even try it then just drive on, don't pass go and don't collect $200... sorry you chose not to play, you don't get to make a comment on something you have only 3rd hand knowledge about.

EVE has it's good points and it has it's bad points.  I won't lie, there are things I'd love to see improved/changed about the game but I feel that the good outweighs the bad.  I also feel there's no other game remaining on the market today that is anywhere near the level of quality of gameplay that EVE offers.  That's just my opinion.  The only other sandbox remaining is ultima online.... Nothing wrong with UO... I still occasionally hop on a free shard for old time's sake... but it doesn't hold a candle to EVE anymore.

Is it perfect?  Hell no.  It needs to be a lot more new player friendly (and that experience got another huge upgrade during revelations II as well, even more so than during revelations I).  Is there room for it to improve?  Sure... and I'm glad that the Devs do continue to improve the game.  But if someone comes here and starts making blanket statements from a completely uninformed point of view?  They better expect folks who know the game, whether they like it or not, to correct them.

But I re-iterate:  I didn't see any replies to the OP where he was getting flamed or told he wasn't worthy of EVE.... in fact most threads could be summed up as "you really should have tried it but if you don't want to that's cool"

• KaylessKayless Member UncommonPosts: 357

Great post T 

As has been said before, if you never venture out of the core systems nobody's is going to bother you. You seem to have it ingrained into your mind that as soon as you undock, some little idiot is going to blow you to pieces. That just won't happen...

If you get to a stage in the game and make a concious decision to move into lowsec/nosec space and then you're fair game, the same as anyone else.

At least have a go with the trial. I'm only posting as I'd hate for you to miss out on something you may well really like, just because what other people say... 

• DatcydeDatcyde Member UncommonPosts: 573

I think what hes saying is that he does not like the hardcore politics in this game . Hey if you p lay wow there are somany damn servers and players that politics dosent realy matter lol.

• SheistaSheista Member UncommonPosts: 1,203

Originally posted by Datcyde

I think what hes saying is that he does not like the hardcore politics in this game . Hey if you p lay wow there are somany damn servers and players that politics dosent realy matter lol.

That and it is impossible to have politics in WoW.  A game without FFA PvP can not have proper player controlled politics.  The politics are one of the main reasons I love EVE.  It brings me back to my old Asheron's Call days, where PvP wars ran rampant and you could start a war with another guild just by killing someone.. like pissing off an army.  Suddenly you're not safe wherever you go.. it was a great and exhilerating experience.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Eve Online is the best space game that is on the market, however as playing trial, and only played 2 months I find it worse than other mmo's here is why.

#1 To train your skills up it takes Minutes, hours then days, you will never be equially balanced for decent pvp for about 1 year.

#2 Making money is kinda hard when you got  people in space places who own your ass if you so much as fly out there, tried it multipletimes, to farm the right items to craft your own stuff, or make money as a newbie its long and hard.

#3 Note flying missions can be kinda boring, no story, no point.

#4 PVP sucks, when its like this, your in a cruiser, flying out to 0.5 or a little below to find some rare ore, and then someone in a destroyer comes over and shoots you dead in 1 hit.

#5 My Honest opinion its a great game, but like any other game it should be set to certain level limts, so you can turn pvp on and off, or so you have to challenge to duel, and guild fights will still be able to be done like they always have, but shooting newbies cant be done.

#6 Neocron 2 was good at first just like this game, but they made it suck the worst mmo ever, now its kinda like eve online, die drop all your shit, or random stuff, so no one plays it that much anymore ): , compared to back then.

#7 I love eve, but its a great game, but the developers are making it really suck and blow, I mean to train a skill it takes 22 days, now if you want to wait for that skill, you waste $15 a month or so, just to train 1 skill, thats annoying as hell, there should be another skill system implimented insted.

-OFF TOPIC-

Honestly Ive tried almost every mmo on the market,  I can say these facts.

#1 I tried sony, they screwed shit up so I left.

#2 EverQuest is ok, but SInce I cant run in max graphics I dont play it, and its because of their system design of the game.

#3 Neocron 2 was ok till they screwed it up

#4 Final Fantasy XI was great for story, but Wiating 9 hrs for a group no way, so I left, still pay $20 to keep active account and mules up though, However I find this game great becaues of crafting system ect, but no solo play, or no getting a group in under 2 hrs makes it hard, there is solo play, but I dont like beast masters, Id rather solo a mage, and thats why I play wow now.

#5 Guild Wars is ok

#6 Lineage 2 was great till the nerf on sorcerer, so I quit them, They Lied said it would be nerfed on recast, not casting, then nerfed on other stuff too, I lost my level 50 or so because of them, I had gear stolen from my trade window, and they didnt even look into it, Waiting 10 mins for mana omg, this is why I cant stand korean style mmo's.

#6World Of Warcraft, Best mmo Ive tried so far, because its so much like The 4th Comming online, and they dont just NERF things so bad as all other mmorpg's, and they actually do thing's nice for its players.

#7 The list goes on, Yes There maybe a game better than World Of Warcraft, but if so Ive not played it yet, ive tried games like               Lord Of The Rings Online, was still in development though, didnt have that many great skills or anything from trainer.

#8 The Best mmorpg In my Honest Opinion, 16 bit graphics, was The 4Th comming Online, was very good, untill all these servers opened up making up their own rules, gameplay, pvp play like other games, and completely ruined it, I lost my account to a hacker, or something on Xavus, and Eric Completely did nothing about it, so I dont care his server shut down, and EA same thing , someone left a bunch of items on my account, and so I got banned, because whoever did it dint pay for them, so they lost a bunch of customers for their mistake.  But Over All T4C is a great game, I still love and miss it, but the developers arent doing much to make it work in windows xp without the lag, or windows vista, and Game Servers arent doing much. Yeah I used to play it on my old windows 98 all the time, it had 100% no lag was fun, and great.

• WraithmireWraithmire Member Posts: 328

I tend to avoid threads like this, but here is my 2cents on the money issue from the user above me...making money seems easy enough for me on Eve, have 2mill I've earned by myself, plus 300k from a corp member helping me out...and I've only played a couple days. Sure it isn't tons compared to what others have, but I find it a very good amount...now I'm not sure if that is a bad for a trial user or not, but to me it seems good enough.

-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!
    I have a Youtube channel for video games! http://www.youtube.com/user/Vendayn

Originally posted by Renoaku

Eve Online is the best space game that is on the market, however as playing trial, and only played 2 months I find it worse than other mmo's here is why.

Sorry you feel that way.  As has been said by many people ever since EVE was in beta:  It's just not a game that's for everyone.

#1 To train your skills up it takes Minutes, hours then days, you will never be equially balanced for decent pvp for about 1 year.

Hmm... this is a completely incorrect statement.  If you choose a route to take you can be an effective solo PVP'er in a matter of just a few weeks.  You'll need to pick your fights carefully but it can be done.  And in 5-6 months you can be a very effective PVP'er in a Combat Recon ship, HAC or any number of other ships.  By 6 months into the game, if you focus on a goal and don't deviate too much from it, you can be VERY skilled in your chosen area of play.  But you are complaining about SOLO life... EVE is not meant to be played Solo though it will ALLOW you to play this way that's not what it's about.  EVE is about corporation warfare and conquest and empire building.  For someone to truely experience EVE they need to join a player corporation so that they are working together with a team of other players to accomplish similar goals so that everyone's strengths support one another.

#2 Making money is kinda hard when you got  people in space places who own your ass if you so much as fly out there, tried it multipletimes, to farm the right items to craft your own stuff, or make money as a newbie its long and hard.

Hmm... this is another misconception.  My wife has been playing EVE for just over 4 months.  If ISK is so hard to make in EVE please explain how she's already made over 1 billion isk in EVE?  And she's never set foot in .4 or lower space.  Again it sounds like you are trying to solo.  Find a good corporation to join, there are many out there, and work together to accomplish your goals.  Alone she could never have done it... even with the minimal help I gave her by purchasing her first frigate for her.  After that she was on her own (because she wanted to make her own way in the game not just have me bail her out at every turn).   She now owns several hundred million isk worth of Ships, fittings, and equipment.  She's an officer, and recruiter, in her corporation and makes more isk in a week than some residents of 0.0 do.  Heck, some weks she makes even more isk than I do, and I'm good at it.

#3 Note flying missions can be kinda boring, no story, no point.

I agree.  Flying missions *can* be boring if you're playing for hours and hours and hours a day.  But you are mistaken, every single one of them has a story.  Have you bothered to read the mission text when you get them?   They've added more missions to the game over time too.... I just ran one I've never seen before last night... pretty fun.  It's a space game though, not a swords & sorcery game so there's only so much 'story' you can really put into it :)   Have you tried any cosmos missions which are series missions which build upon each other?  Or any of the multi-part missions that you can get from a normal agent?   

I do agree that there's no real over-arching story within the game yet.  But they're working on it.  Some has been put in and more is due with Revelations III slated for later this year.  As to no point?  That all depends what you're trying to do.  See the thing is that EVE isn't about you playing a game that has a pre-built story for you to 'follow'.  In EVE *you* and the other players around you are the story.  What YOU do is what's important, not an over-arching storyline that you follow around and have no real impact on.  In EVE the players are the story.  

#4 PVP sucks, when its like this, your in a cruiser, flying out to 0.5 or a little below to find some rare ore, and then someone in a destroyer comes over and shoots you dead in 1 hit.

Well for one if you fly in 0.5 you are perfectly safe.  Nobody is going to attack you.  If you go to 0.0, 0.1, 0.2, 0.3 or 0.4 space those are PVP regions.  Which addresses your statement about 'playing levels':  If you don't want to get shot at stay out of lowsec/0.0.  Stay in 0.5 and above and you are perfectly safe unless someone declares war on your corporation.  (The newbie corps cannot be declared upon so if you never leave them you don't even risk that).    If you want to find "rare ore" you're best off joining a corporation that lives in low sec or 0.0 or one that lives in highsec but has friends in lowsec/0.0 so you can go there without getting wtfpwnbbq'd by the locals.

I'm not saying you "should" like EVE or anything like that.  I'm just correcting a few assumptions you've made from a very short experience with EVE.  If you don't like it that's cool.  But the statements you made were so wrong it's not even funny.  If you want to succeed in EVE you need to work at it.  It's not like WoW, or EQ or LOTRO where 'just playing' will allow you to advance and succeed.  In EVE if you don't have a plan or a goal to focus on it's very easy to get turned around, confused or lost in the world.  If you don't join a player corporation (guild) in EVE you are missing out on over half the content of the game.

<snipped the rest as it is all based on wrong assumptions above>

• altairzqaltairzq Member Posts: 3,811

I will rather watch grass grow, it's about the same as EVE and it's free.

• steelrunner7steelrunner7 Member Posts: 8

I tried this game out awhile back. I didn't think it was that bad.

~~~~ KOTOR ftw ~~~~