Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SOE/FLS - The Survey

apocalanceapocalance Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

Pirates of the Burning Sea will be published in partnership with Sony Online Entertainment’s Platform Publishing.

How does this release info affect you?

1. I will still buy the game - did not affect you enough to change your opinion of FLS and/or Pirates of the Burning Sea (feel free to post your reasons)

2. I will no longer buy the game - you would have purchased the game, but you're honestly not comfortable with SOE (please post why and everyone avoid flaming!)

3. Does not affect me - either you are not interested in the game or you're just impartial at this point (feel free to post your opinions on the game)

4. I have no idea what PotBS is - you stumbled into this forum and you just really want to see the results without skewing them (check out www.burningsea.com for game info)

(btw, don't click the "More Info" below this point.. it's a trap!)

so...

Comments

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

still gonna buy the game why?  becuase i don't mind giving FLS the benefit of the doubt, they aren't sigil and i'm not gonna treat them like sigil, majority of people new sigil screwed up even before it was released i have yet to see any bad indications from FLS like we did with vanguard.

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• ForcanForcan Member UncommonPosts: 700

I vote still buying it.  Even though I dislike the way SOE does business (brings shame to the Sony brand), I would still play the game just for the system it offers.

Current MMO: FFXIV:ARR

Past MMO: Way too many (P2P and F2P)

• kovahkovah Member UncommonPosts: 692

Bump.  Yeah, I know there is another poll as well but I'm interested in seeing how this one turns out as well.  One would think with all of the "OMGSOEISEVILINCARNATE!!!!" posts and the "LOLPOTBSWILLFAILNOW!!!!" posts that the results of these polls would be slightly different.

Unless the arguement is that those that dislike SOE can't figure out how to vote...

• TollinTollin Member Posts: 7

I am still going to purchase PotBS . I donot  blame SOE for the SWG incident because i am  sure Lucas Arts did not sign over  there rights to this game for then to  develope however they see fit. They had to ok the any new ideas and changes to game to fit there idea of how the game should be .

• RehmesRehmes Member Posts: 600

I will buy the game and if its good i will continue to pay for it. SOE is only handling the publishing so i dont mind at all. What the other poster said is also true, Sigil is a different company so i wont judge FLS untill the moment comes.

• therain93therain93 Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

Impartial -- like any other game, I'll try before I buy.

• lomillerlomiller Member Posts: 1,810
    Still going to buy the game comes closest, but this actually guarantees I will buy the game. I play EQ2 and have a moderate interest in some of the other things offered by station pass but not enough to pay the extra monthly cost.  

A second top notch game would tip the balance, so I’m definitely going to give PotBS a shot.  If it impresses my then I upgrade to station pass. 
  • HexxeityHexxeity Member Posts: 848

I am so bored with pirates that Dick Cheney could publish this game and it wouldn't make me less interested.

• apocalanceapocalance Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

Originally posted by Hexxeity
    I am so bored with pirates that Dick Cheney could publish this game and it wouldn't make me less interested.

I honestly wasn't looking forward to this game at all until I read the White Wolf Clan preview of the game. They took everything that had been announced about the game and placed it in one document.

My original thought was something like this: Ok, so I ride around on a ship and circle strafe another ship until one of us sinks. I'll pass.

After reading what the game actually offers, I actually became excited about it. Good stuff.

so...

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039

Originally posted by apocalance

Originally posted by Hexxeity

I honestly wasn't looking forward to this game at all until I read the White Wolf Clan preview of the game. They took everything that had been announced about the game and placed it in one document.

My original thought was something like this: Ok, so I ride around on a ship and circle strafe another ship until one of us sinks. I'll pass.

After reading what the game actually offers, I actually became excited about it. Good stuff.

While I didn't read at the stie you did, nor did I really read that much in the official site. I didn't notice this game that much. Looked at some screenshots, mostly. OK a new theme on a MMO nice but not more.

The ironic thing is, while I saw the nes about SOE publish it. Didn't made any difference for me that alone wasn't to amke me more interested.

But as the trolling and flames was more apparent I had to check out what the game was really about. And now, I'm reliving the Sid Meier Pirates game. And I'm gonna preorder it.

So uhm while most reasonable people does see through the flaming and so this move probably brougth more attention to the game, in a good way.

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

• altairzqaltairzq Member Posts: 3,811

1/3 of the potential sales from people following this forum lost. Good move.

• wuckswucks Member UncommonPosts: 114

Originally posted by altairzq

At the time of writing that is 35 people. 35. Thirty-five.

Thirty-five people from this forum might not be buying this game. Hardly the end of the world.

• kovahkovah Member UncommonPosts: 692

Originally posted by inig0

At the time of writing that is 35 people. 35. Thirty-five.

Thirty-five people from this forum might not be buying this game. Hardly the end of the world.

OMG you NOOB!!!1!!!!111  Those 35 people represent at least 0.0000000000000000000000039745% of the entire MMO population!!!!eleven1111111111!  How can you be so blind as to think that the vocal minority here won't have a HUGE HUGE effect on the sales of this game?!?!?!!?!?  WAKE UP IMO!!!!

err...  yeah...

• SteakpuncherSteakpuncher Member Posts: 255

Some people need to let things go, and other need to stop jumping on bandwagons. In 50 years time, there will probably be people telling their grandkids about how a viscious company run by The Taliban ruined SWG to spite George Lucas, and then started ruining games so they could steal them.

The SWG thing was a mistake, they admitted it, and want to move on. The vangaurd and EQ incidents helped those games, and in the case of vangaurd, its ongoing help. The thing is, because they bought out vangaurd, some people seem to think the exact same thing will instantly happen with POTBS. I would very much like someone to produce some kind of factual information, or even just a tangible reason why they think its going to happen again. The only reason people think SOE will end up buying out this game is because of scaremongering, bases opinion, or blind hatred for SOE.

Worst case scenario, FLS go under and SOE buyout the game. I can see the whinging already "FLS have folded and SOE bought the game out, now we can all continue playing, life sucks." I really cannot see the issue with a game being bought out so it can continue to run, and the fans can continue to play, what is so wrong with that? Would the people opposed to SOE be happier if they just pulled the plug and cancelled the game if this scenario occurred?

Some people need to get over themsevles because when you look at your arm in 60 years time and see the scars from where you carved "I HATE SOE" in your spare time, your going to feel like an idiot.

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630

Have I missed something here, another pointless thread would be nice if the Admin could close up here going nowhere or just move it to the SOE haters forum.

Starting to get tedious...

• KoolaiderKoolaider Member Posts: 450

I'm sure the bulk of them are just people who saw the words "SOE" and "Survey" and voted against SOE. It happens, it's the MMORPG.com forums.

• LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383

You should have added the option for "I will buy PotBS because of this".

If not for a big $ publisher I wouldn't even give it a shot. Even if the quality was just as good the low population who not make it worth my while.