Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What I think about Runescape.

PvtCaboosePvtCaboose Member Posts: 80

The gameplay itself is pretty good.Quest's are very fun, and different from the usual kill X, bring X to X.Some of the mini games are fun(CW and PC).Graphics are pathetic, come on...this game was made by some dude and his bro in there garage.Although it has come far from classic its still a pathtic game.Mod's SUCK, GM's never in-game(maybe once a month).This game is crap overall, seriosuly filled with 8 year old kiddies spamming "noob".I have had a lv 89 with 30mil, and a 92 with 4mil, it was fun while it lasted(friends kept me playing)."Fally Massacre" was very fun to witness(funny the next day had 20 people pming me saying "ZOMG i say you in the fally massacre vid!!!".This game is filled with bots.

As I look back the game is dirt.I hope it fails horribly.

Hope Andrew Gower and his brother get shot in the leg for making this game.

Comments

• SkerzySkerzy Member Posts: 18
    I do play this game but i gotta say... nicely put lol. I agree with basically everything you said there O_o
  • v4mp1r3v4mp1r3 Member Posts: 48
    I agree. Original Runescape (RSC now) was so, so, much better.

I don't care about graphics in my games, but that said, RS has worse graphics than a flat 2D world. I'd rather be in a Playerworlds engine-style graphics game.

Combat is easy mode now, the entire game is. Pest Control has ruined leveling entirely, because now it takes no time at all to get a 99 skill and there's just a heap of annoying kids everywhere.
  • AethiosAethios Member Posts: 1,527

Originally posted by hellzghost
    what i think of this game. i think this is a very well made game most people say it sucks cuz its to kiddish or graphics is to sucky. well i got news. it goes like this then i did a crouch jump got the head shot went over got the flag by the whale went over to a dog booted it then said hmm why is there a day of time so then i felt i needed to take a turd so i did and damn man it felt as good as when i played rs so awesome. then i went over and killed dracula on castlevania. then i went over adn drove a bike down the road and said hey man rs for ya man so then i flt like then ya man do moot so then i went but not then ya but who could know ya runescape is fun.......and this is example of how crazy rs makes me cuz of its fun for ya

Please, for everyone's sake and your own, don't ever post again. It hurts... a LOT... when you do.

• hellzghosthellzghost Member Posts: 8
    the i did a crouch jump took u and threw u at the baby dragon then went in cw and won cuz im the best then did a jump to the thing and then i went over adn did a jump on a goomba
  • SoaraSoara Member UncommonPosts: 78

I disagree.

Aside from the graphics and engine differently (and quite uniquely) built from these "glamourous" MMORPGs, Runescape features just about anything else you could look for.

I do not play the game anymore, but I had played for almost 5 years, and yes, the PLAYER community overall sucks complete ass, but Jagex I'd have to say would be doing the best work of ANY MMO compared to ANY game performance and help-wsie

If you haven't noticed before, there are absolutely NO bugs in Runescape

None whatsoever.

The last time I saw a bug in the actual game (not counting beta for RS2), was when they were moving the entire engine from RS1, and they had announced well before that bugs would very well occur.

Community service -- yeah I think if you were a team of less than 50 people youre not going to answer all of your messages if its most of the n00bs playing saying "ZOMG MY FRIEND HAXED ME GIEV ME MAI STUFF BACK!!!!!1".

Other than that, Jagex is more involved in Runescape than you realize I think, and it should be necessary to say they do the best customer support work than any other game. And yes, that includes how they used to be.

No, GMs aren't in game so much, and neither are the official mods, mainly because they all either have lives, or theyre working on making the game, improving it, and working with the best stuff to make sure its entirely bug-free. That's the reason why they have player mods, if you have a question for the GM, you send em a mail, if its reasonable, they answer it. Nothing else to it.

• hellzghosthellzghost Member Posts: 8
    lol srry for the comments up top i was bored. what i really think of this game is . i luv it i think its well made one thing that makes it good is it can be played on mostly any computer no lag.can be played without download.sumtimes u get mad when high lvls call u noob. o and for what u said bout gms i see alot in game lol. if i were to rate this game it be a 10 for its perfect gameplay and real life based mmorpg style. my rating 10.
  • FlaxenFairyFlaxenFairy Member Posts: 44

Hey Peeps

I played runescape for like 2 years. Over that time i accumilated a lvl 114 and a lvl 80 pure. (sidekick999)(ind3ed)

Ok, So ill be blunt. i wasted 2 years of my life. The graphics are poor, the music is poor, the quests are ok, and once you et really high leveled the game just gets boring. The only fun thing to do is Pk. Even hen you go to wildy get Pj'd lose about 12m and thers another week gone.

Look, whilst it is a relativly good MMO, to get any real experience you need to be a members account. F2p gets pointless after about lvl 50. so my advice is....

If you gnna keep playing Become a member

Take a break, Runescape will be there after you go out and do what ever you do, dont feel implied to go strait and home and turn into a vegetable. While you still have the oppertunity go out with your mates have a good time and stop wasting your youth fixated on your computer screen.

My opinion is if you want a fun MMo experience play Flyff / Hero online anything with better garphics and a communtiy that is actually willing to help a noob.

Hope This Kinda Helps If Not Just Ignore Me And Be Yourself

Flyff 4Eva

FlaxenFairy 2007

DOUBLE POSTERS WILL BE SHOT - PLEASE DO NOT - FLAME - SPAM - SWEAR - HIJACK -

FLAXENFAIRY 2007- HELPTING TO KEEP MMORPG.COM A SAFER PLACE FOR ALL

• FlaxenFairyFlaxenFairy Member Posts: 44
    Originally posted by Soara

I disagree.
    Aside from the graphics and engine differently (and quite uniquely) built from these "glamourous" MMORPGs, Runescape features just about anything else you could look for.

I do not play the game anymore, but I had played for almost 5 years, and yes, the PLAYER community overall sucks complete ass, but Jagex I'd have to say would be doing the best work of ANY MMO compared to ANY game performance and help-wsie

None whatsoever.

The last time I saw a bug in the actual game (not counting beta for RS2), was when they were moving the entire engine from RS1, and they had announced well before that bugs would very well occur.
    Community service -- yeah I think if you were a team of less than 50 people youre not going to answer all of your messages if its most of the n00bs playing saying "ZOMG MY FRIEND HAXED ME GIEV ME MAI STUFF BACK!!!!!1".

Other than that, Jagex is more involved in Runescape than you realize I think, and it should be necessary to say they do the best customer support work than any other game. And yes, that includes how they used to be.

No, GMs aren't in game so much, and neither are the official mods, mainly because they all either have lives, or theyre working on making the game, improving it, and working with the best stuff to make sure its entirely bug-free. That's the reason why they have player mods, if you have a question for the GM, you send em a mail, if its reasonable, they answer it. Nothing else to it.

Hey,

Ufortunately mate im going to have to agree with you. i played for over 2 years, and i am really not sure why.

At the time it seemed fun and enjoyable, but looking back i believe i wasted such a large portion of life. My advice to anyone playing is taker a good hard look at yourself and see if it is affecting your life. Are you sitting indoors every day ransixed on your screen then i advise following this link and taking it into consideration.

Just Hear To Help - Please if you find any of the comments i mention offensive it is not meant personally and is mearly an expression of my experiences.

http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/discussion/do-you-get-addicted-to-computer-games/1045905/

FLaxenFairy 2007

DOUBLE POSTERS WILL BE SHOT - PLEASE DO NOT - FLAME - SPAM - SWEAR - HIJACK -

FLAXENFAIRY 2007- HELPTING TO KEEP MMORPG.COM A SAFER PLACE FOR ALL

• canzanitocanzanito Member Posts: 31

RS was not suppossed to be a downloadable MMO game and compete with LOTRO or WoW, it was made to be a browser game. I bet that if Blizzard or w/e company you wanna name try to create a browser based game they would not make a much better game than RS. However, I gotta agree that the comunity is kinda sheety but accept it, the game was made for younguns, not hardcores, so you should expect to see many noobs scamming other noobs, or "I lent my user to my friend and he hacked me =(". RS will NEVER have an acceptable community. It's like asking kids to try and solve a phisics university task. Secondly, RS is one of the only games I saw without noobish quests which mainly every downloadable MMO Game has. These quests are the typical KILL X quests. RS quests are fun to do. The size of the RS map isn't bad at all. I mean, don't try to compare this to WoW's map couse its just unfair, I mean, I bet Blizzard can't host whole WoW on the browser lol. PvP is fun, thou I'd make a "National Point or PVP Points" system rather than loosing mostly everything that you have on. There could be also more prayers and maybe some more types of classes like elves, which you can choose from the beggining rather than just humans. Also there could be more weapons and more armors. It's like, a guy with 70 DEF has the same armor than a 126 with 99 DEF cuz there is just no better armor than the one that requires 70 DEF. Runescape has a lack of something which I really like it not having it. I'm a hardcore player and I usually get  stuck with the game im playing, and when I loose something really cool or die or whatsoever I get stressed, angry, pissed or h/e you wanna kill it. However, RS is FUN, and I don't care about being the N1 player. I just like to help out the kido's, PvP a bit, Exp, Explore, LvL up my non attacking skills etc. In fact, for me RS is indeed a really cool game, although it has a lack of MOD/GM Activity. indeed, its FUN.

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

Darkplanet weren't you 3 stars or something what happened lol.

Keeping on topic... yeah i agree there are no bugs in this game at all. You might find the slightest tiniest bug but none really. The only major bug that happened was on 6/6/06 but that was fixed long time ago.

?

• prince0zukoprince0zuko Member Posts: 12

I was once a runescape player and still own my lvl 84 char. This is wut i think about runescape:

Bots, Hackers, Wack ppl, 2 many players, worst game ever, graphics WORSE than a standard 2D game, it sux, and it sux (i am aware that i repeated it sux.)

• SladelordSladelord Member Posts: 27

i play rs

so wtf u said sux as only comment

so i think rs ownz but needs better grafics

also less scammers

• TreniaTrenia Member Posts: 8

Heyy

I played runescape for about 3 years. I have 3 accs a 116(main), a 94(Rune-pure), and a 70(Pure)(I-Std-I, X-Bla-Bla-X, and Fear-Focus.) Looking back on it now i don't regret playing. When I started playing the community was pretty good and I enjoyed it. People say the game isnt clan friendly, however runescapecommunity makes up for that. While i was playing the community became worse and worse. Pures became tainted and I lsot interest. Everyone only cares about themselves and making money. The economy is terrible in the game, and jagex is getting worse. Banning ppl unfairly and for offensive names. My friend who played for 5 1/2 yrs got banned cuz they they found his name to be offensive after all that time. This game use to be fun but is now corrupted with arrogant and opinionated ppl.

Trenia

• PvtCaboosePvtCaboose Member Posts: 80
    Originally posted by Soara

I disagree.

None whatsoever.

lol no bugs?are you serious?think again buddy.
  • LlamsterLlamster Member Posts: 234

The graphics are horrible, but the quests rule!  They're really fun to do, and are sometimes really funny.The storyline is pretty good, and there are plenty of fun minigames to do. Also, the music isn't nearly as bad as some people say, it's actually quite impressive.

In conclusion, the Gower brothers DON'T deserve to be shot. If they did, a lot of people will get ticked off.

Have played: RuneScape, EQ2 (free trial), Last Chaos, Silk Road, Dungeon Runners.
    Currently playing: RuneScape, Dungeon Runners.

The notion that graphics, or anything else for that matter, are anywhere near as important as gameplay/fun is so utterly ridiculous that anyone who shares such a view should be placed in an asylum.