Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is LOTRO work with the Xbox 360 controller?

The topic is just my basic question.  I am one of the few people out there who enjoyed the control scheme of FFXI when it came to the use of controllers.  I found it much easier on my hands especially when I was just grinding. 

So if anyone has any experience with this I would like to know.  Thanks!!

Comments

• XaijinXaijin Member Posts: 5

While I also dont play LotRO, there are programs out there which you can use to map your keyboard to the controller. It doesnt beat true controller support, but it is a better solution than no controller support at all.

• KordeshKordesh Member Posts: 1,715

Thats because FFXI was kind of designed with using a pad in mind. In fact I think it had default pad settings. I don't see why you would want to use anything but a keyboard/mouse for anything but a console port

Bans a perma, but so are sigs in necro posts.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!

• figcoincfigcoinc Member Posts: 31

One of the reasons why is I like sitting back and playing some of these games.  On a keyboard mouse my hands are always in a about to type position and after a while using the WASD just hurts.  I rather lean back...rest my hands on my lap just to do the basic stuff.  Typing to others of course you have to use the keyboard but to just heal, nuke, attack and all those other basic MMO things I rather just relax my hands than always having to put my hands in a unnatural position that over time really really hurts my hand.  I tried those egro boards but no luck.  I can use the joypad much faster than I can navigate with a keyboard.  I used to play a lot of FPS on my PC so it's not like I am not used to the keyboard setup but the controller is just to comfortable for me.

I might have to check out those controller mapping programs?  Is there a really good one out there?  Any recommendations?  Like I said I just need it to do basic things or even be able to set up marcos or what not. 

Thanks everyone.

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

It is a Games for Windows game and I believe with that logo one of the requirements is it has to work with xbox 360 controller. Hope that helps.

The wikipedia page says...

Compatibility with the Xbox 360 controller (where applicable)
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb173456.aspx
    Check the 1.4 section on that.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• TeganxTeganx Member Posts: 401
    Originally posted by figcoinc

One of the reasons why is I like sitting back and playing some of these games.  On a keyboard mouse my hands are always in a about to type position and after a while using the WASD just hurts.  I rather lean back...rest my hands on my lap just to do the basic stuff.  Typing to others of course you have to use the keyboard but to just heal, nuke, attack and all those other basic MMO things I rather just relax my hands than always having to put my hands in a unnatural position that over time really really hurts my hand.  I tried those egro boards but no luck.  I can use the joypad much faster than I can navigate with a keyboard.  I used to play a lot of FPS on my PC so it's not like I am not used to the keyboard setup but the controller is just to comfortable for me.
    I might have to check out those controller mapping programs?  Is there a really good one out there?  Any recommendations?  Like I said I just need it to do basic things or even be able to set up marcos or what not. 
    Thanks everyone.

dont use wasd to move, use the mouse. wasd sucks.

playing: darkfall
    waiting: earthrise