Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

i need help finding a new game that is...

devNdevN Member Posts: 11

im a star wars galaxies vet. im looking for a sci-fi game that somewhat of the same game play as the old SWG.  SWG use to be a awsome game until they changed it. do you guys know a sci-fi game like it.

Comments

• truenorthbgtruenorthbg Member Posts: 1,453

I think SWG is awesome now, but I just started playing.  It is my favorite game out there, and I usually prefer fantasy.

You might consider Eve, but it has been a very long time since I played that one.  A lot of people are returning to SWG, and on my server Starsider you see new players all over on the starting station.  You also have people all over in the entire world.

I love the game; it is the one game out that that I recommend most!

-----
    WoW and fast food = commercial successes.
    I neither play WoW nor eat fast food.

• devNdevN Member Posts: 11

yeh i played on corbantis server. all my friends left the game. it became boring after they changed it. they had sucked all the life right out of the game.  have you played it before the change? if not you would have loved the game even more.  and i thought eve was just a big spaceship game? is it not?

• Mr.WizardMr.Wizard Member UncommonPosts: 243

Originally posted by truenorthbg

/snip 

I love the game; it is the one game out that that I recommend most!

No kidding, you're spamming almost every thread here with this.

That said, perhaps something like EVE or RF Online could interest you. If you somehow like fanatasy.. many to choose from

• truenorthbgtruenorthbg Member Posts: 1,453

Unfortunately, I never tried it before.  From what I hear, I think I would have liked it more because it sounded like there was a lot more diversity and you could have several professions.  I feel like I wasted YEARS of my life in EQ 1 and WoW and other games when SWG offers everything I love in a MMO:  huge world, beautiful features, diversity, variety, player run business.  I know people that are commanders of their space vessels.  People can be actual mayors of towns, with voting systems for citizens.  I just got a free house yesterday on Starsider. I  love it.  I was talking with this woman who collects rare in-game art.  It is very player driven game.  It is a very mature game as well.  Highly sophisticated.  Very interesting.  I have been overwhelmed. 

I love the game now. 

Yes. EVE is a big spaceship game.  It does not offer what SWG offers. 

-----
    WoW and fast food = commercial successes.
    I neither play WoW nor eat fast food.

what is EVE about? isnt that a spaceship game? lol. and what is RF? i dont feel like looking it up.   and there is now ay im going to play anarchy online. its to laggy/ graphics are bad. and a weird camera angle.

yes SWG is very big. and thats what i like about it. there is so much to see and do.  it use to take about 19 moths to become a jedi. now all it takes is a mere second to choose your class.   in the old SWG you could create your own class. which weas very, very awsome. it did have boundries when it came to skills. now you have to stay in guide lines of the chosen calss.

• Mr.WizardMr.Wizard Member UncommonPosts: 243

http://www.rf-onlinegame.com/about.php

this is RF in a short story.

and yes EVE, is mainly about flying in a spaceship.. some say it sucks cause things are automated.. others still praise it, im in between i guess.

PS: anarchy will get a refreshing update soon

• rhys1882rhys1882 Member Posts: 18

Personally I love EVE.  However, most people seem to either love it or hate it.  There are two main components to EVE, spaceship combat and industry/economy.  The EVE economy is more in-depth and complex then any other game.  However, it is NOT CRAFTING.  So it would be completely ridiculous to compare crafting to EVE industry.

The combat is no more automated then most every other MMO with their "hotbars" and cooldowns.  There are no levels and it is FULL LOOT, so combat can be very intense.  It can make you shake and sweat.

At the moment there is no avatar interaction though, so if you are looking for something similar to SWG it is not what you want.

It is a sandbox game, so the vast majority of the content is player driven.  Mostly its player alliances warring with each other with no regard to backstory in-game "factions."  There is an RP community that is more fixated on acting like they are fighting for an NPC side, but it's a small component.  However, because it is a sandbox game there is very little guidance and so you have to figure out what you want to do, there's no NPC character to tell you what to do.  Also, the quest content is pretty limited, although it is being slowly expanded, but there's no "end-game" or anything like that.

It is a pretty hard game to describe.  I would recommend the 14-day free trial, no credit card needed.  Either you will love it or hate it.  Really depends on what you want out of an MMO.  I'd say it's more of an MMO then any other out there simply because it is really player-driven instead of just a typical video game online.