Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Funcom got off easy...this time

Xris375Xris375 Member Posts: 1,005

A few days ago we were discussing how to to get into AoC beta on teamspeak. One of the suggestions were to travel to their HQ ( we live in Norway not far away), take off our shirts, rub in some coco oil and do some /flex outside their doors. Us not being Conan lookalikes (read:half fat, pale nerds), we would not wear our shirts again until we got some betakeys...

We decided not to do it in the end because of the danger of damaging tender Funcom souls beyond repair.

However, one of these days we'll think out an even more brilliant plan...

---
And when we got more women on the team, it was like ‘No, no, no. We need puppies and horses in there.’ ”
John Smedley, SOE

Comments

• PhoenixsPhoenixs Member Posts: 2,646

Haha, you should have done it

• mperettimperetti Member Posts: 1

If you do it, record it i wanna see!

• Xris375Xris375 Member Posts: 1,005

Man, you really do not want to see that. You'll have nightmares for the rest of your life...

---
    And when we got more women on the team, it was like ‘No, no, no. We need puppies and horses in there.’ ”
    John Smedley, SOE

• catafractcatafract Member Posts: 91

If you by any means you get in send me some info on my inbox  about how game is etc etc.

• Hey, if they don't give beta keys, ask if they'll put NPCs of you all doing /flex in the game!  Now that would be awesome.  Maybe you can all then summon big buff versions of yourselves and it could be a dungeon type battle or something?  Amirite?!

Hmmm...virtual immortality. I like the sound of that :)

I remember suggesting in WoW that people could, by retiring their 60 lvl character, get their name, level and a small note written in a book or something. That way you could free up alot of  unused characater and at the same time hav someting in the world to remember the toon by.

I guess it went where all good ideas (like player housing) go when they die...

---
    John Smedley, SOE

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

Originally posted by Xris375

A few days ago we were discussing how to to get into AoC beta on teamspeak. One of the suggestions were to travel to their HQ ( we live in Norway not far away), take off our shirts, rub in some coco oil and do some /flex outside their doors. Us not being Conan lookalikes (read:half fat, pale nerds), we would not wear our shirts again until we got some betakeys...
    We decided not to do it in the end because of the danger of damaging tender Funcom souls beyond repair.
    It must be the best plan to get in beta.

If you do it, i will join you. I dont live far from Oslo.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

This idea was brilliant... you guys should get keys just for coming up with it... (and hey, extortion works too)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• balle68balle68 Member Posts: 134

i really love Funcom and Conan wish i got a beta key

Always do the right thing

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

If you decide to do it, make sure you get a beta key for another Norwegian who wanted to be there but is too far away. My home in Nordland is over 1200 km away from Oslo... 

Norway is a small community. At least the gamer community is. I have worked with a former Funcom employee and at work there is one who knows a dude who's brother works there. Ask around, you might be suprised who knows who.

---
    John Smedley, SOE

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039

Originally posted by Xris375

Mind you... You do know they do live in Norway. It's not like they would have seen the forrest because of all the trees, so to speak.

;)

So I'd go for the second option a more brilliant plan.

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"