Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So I am trying the trial isle..

Die_ScreamDie_Scream Member Posts: 1,785

This game seems pretty great, i got to be honest. The number of classes, races, wow. I'm disappointed I can only seem to get to Lvl 6 or so on the isle?

But wow, I think this may be my game for awhile, very polished.

So my point is, what class is for me? I liked Controllers in CoH/V, Captain in LOTRO, and Druid/Shaman in WoW. I like being able to solo, even if a little slower, with good controlling, DoT, stuns/mez/root, you know what I mean.

If there is a class that fits that criteria, and has pets that'd be great. And a race that fits it?

Comments

• truenorthbgtruenorthbg Member Posts: 1,453

Sounds like a good fit for the Conjurer.  I am not that familiar with the EQ 2 class system, just yet.  Most of my knowledge comes from my limited experience and talking with people who play the game. 

From what I hear, the Conjurer is the best soloer and has a pet.

-----
    WoW and fast food = commercial successes.
    I neither play WoW nor eat fast food.

• Die_ScreamDie_Scream Member Posts: 1,785
    Originally posted by truenorthbg

Sounds like a good fit for the Conjurer.  I am not that familiar with the EQ 2 class system, just yet.  Most of my knowledge comes from my limited experience and talking with people who play the game. 

From what I hear, the Conjurer is the best soloer and has a pet.

Conjurer, huh? I'm off to roll one, thx.

• iffymackiffymack Member Posts: 376

quick question,you get to choose a class at 10,and a subclass at 20? Does it take long to get to 20?

• BaldzuluBaldzulu Member Posts: 19

Class selection does not work like that anymore.  You select what you want to play from the start, no more class or subclass selection at lvl 10 and lvl 20.

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

You can't get to only level 6, you can get to level 10. Its just that the quests only go to around level 6 or so. You have to be level 10 to face the named Gurrok alone on the island.

• iffymackiffymack Member Posts: 376

oh good,glad about the scrapping of the class upgrades.

Is there anywhere that lists race and class combos?I want to be a necromancer or a fury (loved fury in shadowbane) but i cant find which races I can use for these. Quite liking the trolls and ratongas.

• vingvegavingvega Member Posts: 577

I played them all and EQ2 seems to be the best one out there.  It has improved soooo much since it first came out and far surpasses other MMO's.  Including WoW.

• TalynTalyn Member UncommonPosts: 587

I tried the Trial of the Isle just prior to LOTRO launching, and found the Trial experience's first impression so horrid that I didn't even bother completing it and chose LOTRO. However the LOTRO plan all along was to be very casual, no hurry to level cap in any new game, leaving room for enjoying Real Life and perhaps leaving room for another game to play casually. I've been told the Trial is pretty bad and doesn't give a true reflection of the actual EQ2 experience, so I'm possibly open to picking up the retail box (Vanguard as well if I feel like doing a Station Pass) but I'm wondering how the game world is? WoW and LOTRO being my two most recent (of many) MMOG's I'm quite accustomed to having a seamless world now. I know Vanguard simulates seamless by "chunking" (ffs just call it zoning if you're going to stop the screen and load it) but how is EQ2? I've heard all the stories of EQ1 zoning all the time, and I'm not interested in that kind of experience in 2007, the tech is better now. Instanced dungeons don't bother me, in fact I've yet to see non-instanced Dungeons done properly to my satisfaction without the boss lines and other boring immersion-blowing garbage. But a non-seamless game world is equally immersion-blowing to me, so that is a huge issue/question I have about the EQ2 experience. Also while LOTRO is more "down to earth" about things, I do miss the faster round times of WoW that made combat seem a bit more visceral. How does combat in EQ2 stack up? I didn't get past the very first "go smack a practice target" quest in the Trial before I gave it up so I don't even remember the Trial's combat.