Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Performance Improvements

KataalKataal Member UncommonPosts: 173

I have what I would consider a high end system ( i can run LotRO on ultra high with no problems ). I played Vanguard at launch, and the only thing that prevented me from sticking with the game was the aweful lag and crashes. I know this has improved, but has it improved enough to warrant coming back to the game? If it has I'd come back in an instant.

Comments

• KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217

not yet. SOE is working on it though, or so they say.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze

• LidaneLidane Member CommonPosts: 2,300

Originally posted by Kataal

I have what I would consider a high end system ( i can run LotRO on ultra high with no problems ). I played Vanguard at launch, and the only thing that prevented me from sticking with the game was the aweful lag and crashes. I know this has improved, but has it improved enough to warrant coming back to the game? If it has I'd come back in an instant.
    I would wait a bit longer.

Server merges are coming down the pipeline in the next few weeks, and SOE isn't going to be doing anything for the next few months except fixing performance, because they're at least 6-8 months from where they want to be according to a recent interview for the Uberguilds Radio network. The game still needs a ton of work to fix and polish it up, and that's all Sony will be doing until the end of the year.

If nothing else, at least give them a few weeks after the mergers. That would give the populations time to settle in, and for most of the immediate headaches of a merger to be alleviated.

• cerrcerr Member Posts: 67

A note from Hasium

06/29/2007

I apologize but I do not have the Game updates ready this week like I promised. We had some challenges this week getting some processes resolved. As a result, the CTD/crash to desktop fix is still on the test server. We hope to have the patch ready to deploy next week. The good news is the fix should resolve many of the CTD/crash to desktop issues.

I do not have the server merge details ready yet, but I can tell you we are about three weeks out from the server merges happening.

I will post more details as soon as I am able.