Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WTF They billed me Randomly this MONTH!

Havnt had a VG account since 2 days after the game came out and they billed me 19 bucks today randomly ... anyone else ????

Games Enjoyed: UO,EQ,AC,EQ2,COX,LOTRO
Games Played(-Above):WoW,MXO,GW(beta),RFO,ArchLord,V:SOH,Rappelz,Ryzom,DDO
Games I felt were a rip-off: DDO,ArchLord,V:SOH - all newer how ironic

Comments

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039

Maybe they figured you'd be returning after you'd quatted LOTR:O.

It's called automated service...

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

• SariahSariah Member Posts: 161
    Originally posted by Orphes

what do you mean it's called automated service yes they automatically charge you if you have an active account as stated above I have not had an accoutn with them for MONTHS and I went back through 4 Previous SOE accounts and none had an active subscription to play VG .... I tried calling them and their phone service after I select account/billing VG:SOH sends me to some page talking about EQ for PS2 and Lords of everquest... This is frustrating ....

Games Enjoyed: UO,EQ,AC,EQ2,COX,LOTRO
    Games Played(-Above):WoW,MXO,GW(beta),RFO,ArchLord,V:SOH,Rappelz,Ryzom,DDO
    Games I felt were a rip-off: DDO,ArchLord,V:SOH - all newer how ironic

• LidaneLidane Member CommonPosts: 2,300

Originally posted by Sariah

Havnt had a VG account since 2 days after the game came out and they billed me 19 bucks today randomly ... anyone else ????

SOE billing has been known for that in the past. I would call them and talk to someone to have the charges removed.

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039

Originally posted by Orphes

what do you mean it's called automated service yes they automatically charge you if you have an active account as stated above I have not had an accoutn with them for MONTHS and I went back through 4 Previous SOE accounts and none had an active subscription to play VG .... I tried calling them and their phone service after I select account/billing VG:SOH sends me to some page talking about EQ for PS2 and Lords of everquest... This is frustrating ....

Joke.

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

• matraquematraque Member Posts: 1,431

nop, sorry :(

eqnext.wikia.com

Looks like I'll be calling SOE myself. I just checked my bank statement and I was also charged for Vangaurd, even though I never made it past my 10 day trial back in March, and my boyfriend cancelled his account at the same time.

SOE billing FTL! 

• deplorabledeplorable Member Posts: 418

Originally posted by Lidane

Looks like I'll be calling SOE myself. I just checked my bank statement and I was also charged for Vangaurd, even though I never made it past my 10 day trial back in March, and my boyfriend cancelled his account at the same time.
    SOE billing FTL! 

That's not good, and kinda makes me paranoid about my EQ2 i just cancelled... oh well.. i think i have enough to cover it..

grrrr though... for you 

• sirespersiresper Member Posts: 317

Well... everyone that was playing cancelled their subscriptions,  so they had to pay the bills SOMEHOW.

Originally posted by deplorable

That's not good, and kinda makes me paranoid about my EQ2 i just cancelled... oh well.. i think i have enough to cover it..
    grrrr though... for you 

I would keep tabs on it.

I checked at SOE's site, and they still had my boyfriend's account listed as active, even though he went through and cancelled it back in March, so I've basically been paying for an account that neither of us even realized was still active since then. I hit the cancellation button for his account again, so hopefully, I won't see another charge next month.

I'm annoyed. Here's a game we weren't playing, and that neither of us even had installed on our computers, yet I was still being charged for it. Bleah. 

• truenorthbgtruenorthbg Member Posts: 1,453

I am not surprised, and this really annoys me.

I had problems with SOE with EQ 1 and cancelling....

-----
    WoW and fast food = commercial successes.
    I neither play WoW nor eat fast food.

• jaixjaix Member Posts: 99

ugh...I just read through this thread, and thought about my old MxO account that I activated and canceled again in May. I went back and checked, and they were still billing me. I'm glad this thread popped up before they were scheduled to bill me again. I'll make sure to check on the 14th or after to make sure it doesn't happen again, or else they're gonna have to take it up with my credit union...

• Cor4xCor4x Member Posts: 241

I griped about this a month after the game came out.

They knew then that the billing system had issues. They just didn't care.

They still don't. It is free revenue for them until someone sues them. (Which is tough because of the transaction size.)

My suggestion is this: Call them. Don't use the web.

Then check a day later and see if it is canceled. If not, call them and repeat to here. If so:

Wait another 2-3 days. If it is still canceled, then you're probably good. If not, go back to the call step and scream louder. Repeat.

Sucks, but that is the way SOE is.

• slipcarbslipcarb Member Posts: 44

Vanguard is 19 bucks a month?

• gothokaosgothokaos Member UncommonPosts: 145

If you still have the cancellation email, call your credit card company and tell them it was a fraudulent charge.

That will get Sony's attention!

• olddaddyolddaddy Member Posts: 3,356

Originally posted by slipcarb

No, that's just the cost of the free trial.

• crystalshinecrystalshine Member Posts: 59

I totally agree Cor4x I have just discovered that after calling them twice they have billed me again   and I can't do anything until the weekend is over 

• random11random11 Member UncommonPosts: 765

It happened to me, went to the bank, declared it illegal, and blocked them. I didn't call them or anything, their mistake, they should sort it out, silly crooks.

• UrdigUrdig Member Posts: 1,260

Originally posted by olddaddy

Originally posted by slipcarb

The FREE trial, wich doesn't even exist yet, cost $19?

Wish Darkfall would release.

I'm calling shinanigans on most of the posts in this thread.

I find it odd that one person posted a problem with billing and all of a sudden most of the people that continue to bash the game, and who also haven't played in some time, seem to be suffering the same problem.

The OP is probably the only geniune post here at the moment.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

just to note.. i have played nearly all of SOE games and have cancelled accounts with all of them.. not once have i been billed incorrectly by SOE..

This may have been a genuine mistake best to contact them and ask about it...

Originally posted by Urdig

Originally posted by olddaddy  Originally posted by slipcarb

The FREE trial, wich doesn't even exist yet, cost $19?

ROTFLOL. Yup, that's why the free trial doesn't exist yet, it costs $19. 

• premiereboripremierebori Member Posts: 249

yah, i never had a problem with  them.

Originally posted by premierebori

I think the problem lies in reading the cancellation page choices. Each time you log into the game the "I agree" box is on one side of the screen, and you always select it to play. When you unsubscribe, the selection box is on the other side of the screen. If the player is used to selecting the "I agree" box when they play, when they cancel they are reversing their cancellation request.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

Never had any problems with billing from SOE all the way back to when they were still VI...

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

Originally posted by olddaddy

Originally posted by premierebori

I think the problem lies in reading the cancellation page choices. Each time you log into the game the "I agree" box is on one side of the screen, and you always select it to play. When you unsubscribe, the selection box is on the other side of the screen. If the player is used to selecting the "I agree" box when they play, when they cancel they are reversing their cancellation request.

Your posts are getting weirder. 

Laughing doesn't help my migraine so please stop.