Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

City of Heroes: Issue 10 Open Beta

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

Cryptic Studios and NCsoft have announced that the Open Beta for the upcoming addition to City of Heroes and City of Villains, Issue 10: Invasion, is now... open.

Your opportunity is here to experience Issue 10: Invasion before it goes live! Starting on Wednesday, June 27th, the City of Heroes Training Room will be open and available for any customers interested in joining the beta test effort. Get involved as the Development Team applies polish to our next free expansion! Issue 10: Invasion introduces a host of new content and challenges as it unfolds the storyline of the return of the Rikti invasion force who are bent on destroying Earth!

Click for details on Issue 10: Invasion!

Click for instructions to join the Open Beta and access the Training Room.

Read more on City of Heroes here.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

I will restore my subscribtion to try it...

However, I don't think I will play it much.  The balance between the sets is screwed, which destroy my interest to actually hoard stuff (I hoard most stuff for 1 of my toon, and some on the other 50ish) to advance.  I am not a stone, no matter what I do, peoples will always prefer a stone in their group.  With the merge with Heroes in Rikti areas, this is cool, but I fear that any non-stone brute will be simply discarded.  As simple as that.  Yeah, they may accept an ela or invul, if they are nice, or if there are no stone...or as a second brute...this is not enough for me.  

As to playing new alts and all, well, the fear of the nerf and the fact that I already overplay the game...not for now.  My fire/sonic might get many offers in the endgame...but...it is an alternate, not really that motivated to play her...the constant rebuffing is not fun.

The EPIC for villains might draw me back in for a significant time (NEXT YEAR), if they are fun and neat...and most importantly, if they are wanted in groups in the end...every set is tolerated, but well...for someone like me, having a set that is wanted is quite important.*  I am prolly immature or something, but you don't change the player!  

PS: I am looking for Civ IV new expansion, coming soon...I was sure it was coming out 4 days ago then read...JULY, doh!

*: I tried to play the 3 most wanted sets...and their gameplay where simply not appealing.  Stoners are broken until level 38 where they become something completely new, Kinetics are even maddeners then /sonic on the rebuffing sequence, and /rad...I like to attack, not to debuff in combats, this is why I usually play buffers rather then debuffers.

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• johnnychangsjohnnychangs Member UncommonPosts: 261

Open Beta?  Doesn't "Open" mean that EVERYONE can try it?  Why call it open beta if its not truly Open?

I thought I may be able to try this with my old COH account, but no go.  You still need a subscription or trial.

• AlienovrlordAlienovrlord Member Posts: 1,525

Hero and Villain co-op missions sound like great opportunities for RP-ing.

I just can't deal with the slow XP curve of the game (which XP debt just makes steeper).  Ah well.