Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server?

What is a good populated server, I dont want to make a new toon and not be able to play with anyone? And what clsses are in need, I dont want to pick a class that wont be able to find a group

A man dies daily, only to be reborn in the morning, bigger, better and wiser.

-Playing AoC
-Playing WoW
-Retired- SWG
-Retired- EVE
-Retired- LotR

Computer (- Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.81 Ghz (Quad Core CPU)- Gigabyte MA790FX-DS5 - 4 Gigs of PC 8500 ram (1066)- EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS PCI Express 2.0 - WD 500GB 7500RPM - Zalman CPU cooler (air cooled)
- 24" Widescreen 1080P HD display).

Comments

• TechleoTechleo Member Posts: 1,984

Your going to find out alot of people don't like to list there favourite servers. Especially if they are on a themed RP server.

This has to do alot with the fact that if you list your server people will come on it which don't rp just to antagonise them.

Which unfortunately is the reality of things. Preferably Id recommend any server except Meneldor. I've had nothing but problems there.

As for classes I highly recommend starting out as a Champion. There a excellent class to learn the game. If you like support classes

Id recommend the Guardian, Captain or Bard. Guardians being the easiest to solo. If you love to solo and like stealth mixes with a some

good close range damage I recommend the Hunter. I've never had the time to be a burglar so I have no idea how they fair..

I personally enjoy the Hunter the best. They are just enough of every class put together to have a blast but not be to easy.

Its a bit tough to make it to level 20 without falling in battle around level 10-15 but its worth doing!

• Redline65Redline65 Member Posts: 486

Hunter is my favorite too. Mainly because of the 15% run buff and the ability to track creatures. But I also like being able to do range and melee attacks from the start.

Burglar is another class I've found that is really quite fun. You can sneak around and pickpocket humanoid enemies. Sometimes you get some really nice purple items too. Plus you're able to initiate fellowship maneuvers, so it makes group play more interesting.

• KeoghKeogh Member Posts: 1,099

Originally posted by area84

What is a good populated server, I dont want to make a new toon and not be able to play with anyone? And what clsses are in need, I dont want to pick a class that wont be able to find a group

LOTRO does not suffer from low population servers like some other games. Get through the tutorial zone (levels 1 - 7) and you'll find plenty of people on every server.

A poster mentioned RP servers, there aren't any among the U.S. servers, only a single unofficial one Landroval (RP is not demanded or enforced). Those that enjoy RP, join RP guilds on the server.

As far as needed classes, there are a good supply of every class. Since the game is primarily an PvE game, you won't find scores of a single uber PvP build. Play what you want.

Guardian = Tank

Minstrel  = Healer

Hunter = Nuker (Extreme DPS)

Burglar = Stealth

Champion =  AOE (High DPS)

Captain = Group Buffs (Minion)

Lore Master = Crowed Control (Pet)

"Don't corpse-camp that idea. Its never gonna rez"
    Bladezz (The Guild)

• area84area84 Member Posts: 335

Very nice, thank you for your info

A man dies daily, only to be reborn in the morning, bigger, better and wiser.

-Playing AoC
    -Playing WoW
    -Retired- SWG
    -Retired- EVE
    -Retired- LotR

Computer (- Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.81 Ghz (Quad Core CPU)- Gigabyte MA790FX-DS5 - 4 Gigs of PC 8500 ram (1066)- EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS PCI Express 2.0 - WD 500GB 7500RPM - Zalman CPU cooler (air cooled)
    - 24" Widescreen 1080P HD display).