Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WTH?! a stupid way to deny an account..

GTTZGTTZ Member Posts: 9

apparently when i tried to make an account  typed in my e mail and stuff then "submit"

after that it said " we do not accept yahoo.co.uk e-mail" i was like OMG!

why the heck do they deny u because u have a yahoo e-mail?!?!?!

death is inevitable
or is it...

Comments

• Psycho-PandaPsycho-Panda Member UncommonPosts: 5

Heh. That reminds me when i tried this other game it wouldn't accept my hotmail email.  Wierd, huh? But i guess somehow the account program isn't made to work with yahoos email. So i guess.. you'll have to do other email OR try to contact Rappelz staff asking them.

"...will the two of you virginal geeks just get laid already?!"

• RenithRenith Member Posts: 145

So you make a new email adress. Duhh..!

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Originally posted by GTTZ

apparently when i tried to make an account  typed in my e mail and stuff then "submit"

Maybe they figure if you can't afford a real email address, you can't afford to play their game. (btw..free games may let you play for free, but their really looking for customers willing to spend real cash on the game...)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• GTTZGTTZ Member Posts: 9

no......

but it's stupid  

honestly....... why would they deny e mails? i've tried about  10 mmorpgs who let me but so far only rappelz denied it...

anyway, i made a new e mail and joined.  Tbh it's a good game but it's like the rest of the mmorpgs.

death is inevitable
    or is it...

• AethiosAethios Member Posts: 1,527

Originally posted by Kyleran
    Originally posted by GTTZ apparently when i tried to make an account typed in my e mail and stuff then "submit"
    Maybe they figure if you can't afford a real email address, you can't afford to play their game. (btw..free games may let you play for free, but their really looking for customers willing to spend real cash on the game...)

It's designed to keep out botters and macros who, when banned, just make a new account and go back to playing. If you can't use a free email account, and an email account is required, then the botters are up a creek. Unfortunately, free email is often the only email worth using, and "pay" services (even though they are usually free) are normally only available from your ISP, so it becomes a big hassle for normal players. This is why only a few companies still use this method.

• jerrybluejerryblue Member UncommonPosts: 39

Maibe you ar new with mmos but since 6 years ago i saw hundrets of sites where you cant make an account using yahoo and hotmail emails. They avoid bot spam and your hacking problems with that. Before yelling here use another email service and use google for your response. Ther is nothng wrong with baning some email service, is nothng stupid with that, they have all the right to chose the email service same like you have the right to chose the game that you wana play. Its a policy that u cant brake and you cant comment.

• FarquaniaFarquania Member Posts: 120
    Try using Yahoo.com instead? That might work. Otherwise, just use you MMORPG.com e-mail! It sure does come in handy, eh. 8-)

• vinzonevinzone Member UncommonPosts: 255

Originally posted by jerryblue

Maibe you ar new with mmos but since 6 years ago i saw hundrets of sites where you cant make an account using yahoo and hotmail emails. They avoid bot spam and your hacking problems with that. Before yelling here use another email service and use google for your response. Ther is nothng wrong with baning some email service, is nothng stupid with that, they have all the right to chose the email service same like you have the right to chose the game that you wana play. Its a policy that u cant brake and you cant comment.

o.O ive been playing basically every f2p mmo for a long time and buying games that look good enough to spend money on and i've used my hotmail account for every single game so i don't know what games your signing up for

• inmysightsinmysights Member UncommonPosts: 441

I am usually not rude on here but rading thiss jus scures me un hew are saciety is guing ta da shiter

I am so good, I backstabbed your face!

• tylerwicktylerwick Member Posts: 446

Originally posted by inmysights

I am usually not rude on here but rading thiss jus scures me un hew are saciety is guing ta da shiter

Been down da there a long time now my friend

• ArawonArawon Member Posts: 1,108

Had the same thing happen...they would not accept my ISP...and they are part of AT&T.

I dropped the idea of subscribing like a hot stone.