Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest II: Update #36 Launch

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

Today sees the launch of Game Update #36. In honor of the event SOE has sent out a press release detailing some of the finer points of the update!

Swords of Destiny: The Final Chapter Revealed!

The next and final exciting chapter in an on-going saga, the Swords of Destiny quest line will conclude with GU 36. This third phase provides players a chance to complete the quest trilogy and discover the final details about the history and relevance of the swords and their impending role in Norrath's future! See Sir Trodonis in Butcherblock for further information.

New Raid Zone: Felwithe Throne Room

It's time to Storm the castle and seize the Throne of New Tunaria (aka Felwithe Castle)! Available as an instance for high level raid groups, the addition of Felwithe presents challenging opportunities to explore the lore surrounding the Thexian Throne and a final chance to defeat the infamous Mayong Mistmoore.

New Dressing Rooms

Try before you buy, or see what that linked item looks like on you! GU 36 also brings the ability to preview weapons, garments, armor, furniture, mounts, and more. This new window will allow you to preview these items from links, merchants, brokers, recipe books, during trades, while inspecting others, in the commission window, and most any other place you'd want it to.

Also in GU 36: Tradeskill Reset, Coin Changes!

• Not happy with your tradeskill profession? Consult a Tradeskill Career Counselor in Neriak, Kelethin, Qeynos Ironforge Exchange, Freeport Coalition of Tradesfolke or Haven about the possibility of starting over!
  • Coin is now weightless and automatically changes up to the best denominations, so no more destroying your copper!

Information on additional enhancements included in GU 36 can be found here.

Read more on EQII here.

7 Day Trial here.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• Ironman2000Ironman2000 Member UncommonPosts: 310

While i'm sure the new raid zone is welcomed, shouldn't this have come out with Echoes of Faydwer anyway?  Its just like what they did with Estate of Unrest.  The other stuff if looking good, the dressing rooms are great, we all hate to waste money on things that look like crud lol, and respecing your tradeskill is a wonderful idea too.  Now if we can get armor colorization and another couple character slots for regular accounts I might just resub.  At least things are going in a better direction now.

• tigris67tigris67 Member UncommonPosts: 1,762

The dressing room is a nice touch....but I still liked how money had a weight value set to it and how you had to stop by your local bank to get it changed..,,,added more realism to the whole thing. =/

Hi! My name is paper. Nerf scissors, rock is fine.
    MMORPG = Mostly Men Online Roleplaying Girls
    http://www.MichaelLuckhardt.com

• elvenangelelvenangel Member Posts: 2,205
    Originally posted by Ironman2000

While i'm sure the new raid zone is welcomed, shouldn't this have come out with Echoes of Faydwer anyway?  Its just like what they did with Estate of Unrest.  The other stuff if looking good, the dressing rooms are great, we all hate to waste money on things that look like crud lol, and respecing your tradeskill is a wonderful idea too.  Now if we can get armor colorization and another couple character slots for regular accounts I might just resub.  At least things are going in a better direction now.

As far as I recollect they never mentioned and/or promised Felwithe with the Echoes of Faydwer, they're simply adding new free content instead of those pesky crappy adventure packs.   As long as they're adding to the game be happy!

Please Refer to Doom Cat with all conspiracies & evil corporation complaints. He'll give you the simple explination of..WE"RE ALL DOOMED!

• Ironman2000Ironman2000 Member UncommonPosts: 310

Originally posted by elvenangel

As far as I recollect they never mentioned and/or promised Felwithe with the Echoes of Faydwer, they're simply adding new free content instead of those pesky crappy adventure packs.   As long as they're adding to the game be happy!

I don't raid so there is nothing on that one for me to be happy about.... the other stuff is good though 

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Originally posted by tigris67

The dressing room is a nice touch....but I still liked how money had a weight value set to it and how you had to stop by your local bank to get it changed..,,,added more realism to the whole thing. =/
    I just found the coin thing tedious. At low levels it made the game rediculously annoying (sometimes even at high levels with low strength classes like mages)., whereas scouts and warriors could run around with a few hundred thousand copper pieces.

Ohhh thank god they are putting in a Dressing Room. 

• mlambert890mlambert890 Member UncommonPosts: 136

Those are the two things that keep you from subscribing?  Whatever floats your boat, but that seems pretty odd.  Are armor tints and a couple of extra character slots really game making features??

• zensaberzensaber Member UncommonPosts: 787

dressing room and the money thing are things i've been wanting forever. Great job EQ2 devs

• FurrbawlFurrbawl Member Posts: 95

LOL, Sony copying other games again :)

New Dressing Rooms - LOTRO has had them since Open Beta

Tradeskill Reset - LOTRO has always had this

Coin is now wieghtless... - LOTRO has always had this.

I guess when you can't come up with new ideas, borrow some from other games :)

Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
    J. R. R. Tolkien

• SouvecSouvec Member UncommonPosts: 698

Originally posted by Furrbawl

Actually the Dressing Room was around in WoW before both LotR and EQ, may go even farther back, but WoW is the earliest I can remember.

Many games out have their currency weigh nothing, its not exclusive to just LotR.

I don't think they are touting them as "unique" features, but just features.  I for one am glad they put in the dressing room.  It got frustrating to see my gold wasted on gear that was utterly disgusting.  Might even think about resubbing... might.

• Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741

Originally posted by Furrbawl

LOL, sorry to burst your bubble chief, but LOTRO did not come up with any of those ideas, and is in fact the one borrowing.  Just remember everytime you log in to LOTRO, that almost everything you see was taken from another game.   LOTRO is not known for its innovation.  Now scurry back to where you came from where Bored of the Rings is the one game to rule them all instead of trying to bash games which have probably 10 times the content and character customization that your precious has.

• adolf102adolf102 Member UncommonPosts: 41

Considering that fact that LOTRO is in many aspects exact copy of WoW, it seems to be weird example at best ;)

But then I don't mind if all the good things will be shared between games, just make each of those games better.

Regards,
    adolf

• shrunken_manshrunken_man Member Posts: 38

Let's not get all fanboi and start arguing who borrows from who. These games all borrow from each other. Same goes for art, music, books, and other things in culture.

I think this is a good update that everyone benefits from in some way, even if it's small. A whole new area for raiders is cool, but so is the dressing room.  The money thing is okay, you'll still probably have to go to the bank eventually, just not as often. It might have had more of an impact if banks where huge meeting places in the game, but they're not. Sadly, I don't know where people hang out in EQ2 when they're just bumming around looking for groups or chatting.

Point is the updates have been focused on improvements, and not the big bad nerf stick from hell. It appears SoE is paying attention to what makes their overall customer base happy, and that's a good thing right?