Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pet and debuffer classes

iffymackiffymack Member Posts: 376

Which classes in AO are the best pet users and best debuffer types?

I see bureaucrat ,engineer and meta physisist pet wise,but are any of them particularly good for PVE soloing and pvp?

Which class would be considered a debuffer type?

This is for the free version btw,In which I have a martial artist.

Comments

• YukkioneYukkione Member Posts: 618

The Meta has a couple excellent debuffs. As far as pvp pet classes, thats a hard one to answer because your playing the free version. At higher lvls the Engineer is almost unbeatable because of his damage shield and his bot and dog. At lower lvls the meta is quite hard to beat because of the heal pet. The Crat is awesome at the highest lvls because of his pets, but can be pretty weak at the lower lvls. Playing the free version into the higher lvls is done, but not often. All three pet classes are excellent for solo PVE, you success will also depend on how well you twink your toon. (learn how to buff and get buffs that allow you to equip higher lvl equipment than you normaly can) I suggest you subscribe... the game is pretty inexpensive if you go for three months or more. It add's alot of content and valuable equipment that gives quite an edge over free players.

• iffymackiffymack Member Posts: 376

Originally posted by Yukkione

The Meta has a couple excellent debuffs. As far as pvp pet classes, thats a hard one to answer because your playing the free version. At higher lvls the Engineer is almost unbeatable because of his damage shield and his bot and dog. At lower lvls the meta is quite hard to beat because of the heal pet. The Crat is awesome at the highest lvls because of his pets, but can be pretty weak at the lower lvls. Playing the free version into the higher lvls is done, but not often. All three pet classes are excellent for solo PVE, you success will also depend on how well you twink your toon. (learn how to buff and get buffs that allow you to equip higher lvl equipment than you normaly can) I suggest you subscribe... the game is pretty inexpensive if you go for three months or more. It add's alot of content and valuable equipment that gives quite an edge over free players.
    ok thanks,lots of useful info there.

Ill go with the meta I think,as you mention the good debuffs it has,and the fact its good at lower levels.

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

I played the 3 profession to 150+ i can offer some advices. 

Engineer : They are desgined for combat, their bots are strong and powerful, they have lots of HP and AC.  Engineer have spells to help them buff their bots and themself, like armor, reflect shield, damage shied.  With Shadowlands expansion you can get a second dog pet.

Bureaucrat : They are designed for crowd control.  They can calm and charm ennemies.   With their charm capabilities, they can charm up to 2 ennemies and endup having 3 pets to fight for him.  They also have some nice nukes, in fact they have the 2nd most powerful nukes after the NT.  The bureaucrat pet is the weakest of the 3 pet profession.

Meta-physcist : They are the buffers.  They are kinda of the jack of all trade of the pet profession.   They can have up to 3 pets, an attack pet, a healer pet and a mezz pet.   But controlling 3 pets at the same time can get complicated and it's not for everyone.  However the MP is really loved because he can buff all the nano skills.

Hope that help.

The 3 pet profession can solo very well.  However if i had to give them an order i would go 1 : Engi, 2 : Meta, 3 : Crat.