Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

returning to play eq, some questions..

robhrobh Member Posts: 14

I first played eqII around the EoF expanion. i played it for about 2 months then stopped. I just never felt hooked on the game but i keep coming across these forums where people praise the game and I must admit, i can see where theyre coming from. My only problem was that the game felt like a single player gaming experience the whole time. There was no charm in the game, like EQ 1 would have for a noobie. I was never really able to socialize with anyone and I only grouped about twice the whole time. Maybe the server i chose(Najena) is just a ghost town server or i dont know what.. But do you guys think EQII is a safe investment for an MMO right now? are the populations healthy on most servers? are merges in sight? is the game better than other MMOs you've played, and if youve come from a MMO do you often look back? thanks for the help with my questions in advance

Comments

• Peregrine2Peregrine2 Member Posts: 169

Personally I am loving EQ2 right now, and not looking back to WoW at all. I'm not sure about the numbers on all servers, but I think the population is great on Antonia Bayle. I haven't heard anything about server merges and wouldn't expect any anytime soon.

• quaikyquaiky Member Posts: 566

i played eq2 form start and amstill playing it but from time to time when i get bored/burned out i try another mmo but till now i have not found another game that keeps me away from coming back to eq2.

Low level population really depends on servers, your usual game times... Antonia Bayle is definitely the most heavy populated server, but there are other good populated ones too. also i'm sure soe will do server merges when they see the populations on servers fall too low. (they allready did merges in the past short before they started the pvp servers, and they did server merges for the pvp servers).

But i think overall populoation is healthy on every server atm, its jsut a few servers that can get new players better and some that have mainly high level population. If your server has not too good low level population you should try to find a guild with other low level players. pickup groups happen from time to time, but a lot players prefer guild groups cause they know with who they group before. So a guild that fits you good will improve your experience in this game a lot.

• robhrobh Member Posts: 14

thanks guys, i guess that if i do come back, which is very likely, ill have to roll a toon on antonia bayle.