Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A few Questions..

TakingthedayTakingtheday Member Posts: 80

Just a few quick questions about the game because I'm considering playing it. Number one, what exactly is the max level to this game? And secondly, is it hard to get max level? I ask these because from my understanding this game is pretty much about PVP and politics, which makes it sound great to me but I don't want to spend months to get to that content. I'd love to just jump in and start the castle seiges and such but I'm sure that's probably not possible. My last question is, how friendly is the community to newbies? I'd probably be bringing like 3 other friends with me to play and we'd like to join a guild so I was wondering if that's possible, or is it so far behind now that it's pointless? Thanks for any information.

Comments

• tripmodetripmode Member Posts: 84

Originally posted by Takingtheday

Just a few quick questions about the game because I'm considering playing it. Number one, what exactly is the max level to this game? And secondly, is it hard to get max level? I ask these because from my understanding this game is pretty much about PVP and politics, which makes it sound great to me but I don't want to spend months to get to that content. I'd love to just jump in and start the castle seiges and such but I'm sure that's probably not possible. My last question is, how friendly is the community to newbies? I'd probably be bringing like 3 other friends with me to play and we'd like to join a guild so I was wondering if that's possible, or is it so far behind now that it's pointless? Thanks for any information.
    Max level is 80, however, a "rank 5" toon, meaning level 50, is very competitive in end-game pvp.

Levelling is not very hard per se, the hardest part is the fact that you will be ganked by higher level players constantly, unless you find a nice little spot where no one notices you.  People who know what they are dong could probably get to level 70 in just a few days...

The last 10 levels are very hard to get because there are only a few spots where you can get XP and it is very pvp-heavy.  However, the last 10 levels are also not very important as they only give you a very very minor stat upgrade.  A level 70 character is like 99% as powerful as a level 80 toon, in my opinion.

The community is NOT very newb friendly, though I hear there is a new player guild on Mourning.  However, if you talk to people, and start to build their trust, anything is possible - but just remember that most players will be skeptical, as "spying" is always a concern for established guilds.

If you and your friends play together, it will be a lot more fun.  You could probably get into the "end-game" in just a few days or weeks.  One other note - it is VERY easy to make a crappy character in this game.  Template building is a HUGE part of this game, and gimping yourself by making bad decisions is easy to do your frst time.  I remember my first toon was complete garbage!  I'd recommend doing a little research first on that front.

Hope this helps.

• EpeenEpeen Member UncommonPosts: 95
    Originally posted by tripmode

Originally posted by Takingtheday

Max level is 80, however, a "rank 5" toon, meaning level 50, is very competitive in end-game pvp.

Levelling is not very hard per se, the hardest part is the fact that you will be ganked by higher level players constantly, unless you find a nice little spot where no one notices you.  People who know what they are dong could probably get to level 70 in just a few days...

The last 10 levels are very hard to get because there are only a few spots where you can get XP and it is very pvp-heavy.  However, the last 10 levels are also not very important as they only give you a very very minor stat upgrade.  A level 70 character is like 99% as powerful as a level 80 toon, in my opinion.

The community is NOT very newb friendly, though I hear there is a new player guild on Mourning.  However, if you talk to people, and start to build their trust, anything is possible - but just remember that most players will be skeptical, as "spying" is always a concern for established guilds.

If you and your friends play together, it will be a lot more fun.  You could probably get into the "end-game" in just a few days or weeks.  One other note - it is VERY easy to make a crappy character in this game.  Template building is a HUGE part of this game, and gimping yourself by making bad decisions is easy to do your frst time.  I remember my first toon was complete garbage!  I'd recommend doing a little research first on that front.

Hope this helps.

Max is 75=p Only reason there was an 80 was becuase the guild exploited the game.

• tripmodetripmode Member Posts: 84

He's right it's 75.....

• DarthtriggerDarthtrigger Member UncommonPosts: 15

Ya the max lvl is 75,  With smart people that know what there doing you can achieve max lvl in a single night.  My advice would be for you to get into a good guild with a solid nation that has active players.  Right now there are huge server wars going on within Wrath and Vindi all of the NA EU against the CN zergs.  But im sure you can still find help with new toons on these servers.

Keep hope alive