Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

next year features

trentonxtrentonx Member Posts: 147

top of the board is trinty 2.0which is a whole new clinet coming out with rev 3 meaning no old bugs anymore. just new ones :P but no more lag and stuff.

Also resently it has been confrimed that EvE mobile is done! it only runs on windows plaform on PDA though :P so it's still being worked on. and sady like EvE tV and the voice thing don't hold your breath but it will most likely cost money. but hopefully only 15$ a year.

EvE-online has freeform flight and joystick control on game ideas forums. this would be for flying into planets.

Also I forgot to mention the EvE-mini game (playable in game), the interbus transport system coming out, and viceroys! build your own concord for your new empire space and set yur own sec stats for your systems you control.

There is something else damn it...oh and full planetary interaction through a new RTS style hybrid game. Think.. hit thier planets surface with heavy fire take out the city!

it's for for planetary interaction and dungeon crawling inside titan wrecks/ asteroids

-EvE planets might take a year to come out :(

-we'll all be walking by then though :)

-free graphics update

-Factional Warfare

-system wide asteroid belts

-Players would like to see more scenery but they also want environments that affect combat tactically.-dev

-subsystem damage on large ships

-for better or worse... the removal of the local channel

also the first dev blog that talked about walking stated that the dev wouldn't want to be able to walk without being able to bust some heads

so on foot combat will be coming as well

Simple Planetary Interaction

The probable first step for planetary interaction, where you can manage planets from a Station or other suitable structure.

Moderate Planetary Interaction

This would feature flying over planets and interacting with the planetary surface. This will likely follow on from Simple Planetary Interaction.

Full Planetary Interaction

Planetary RTS or other hybrid game form. Yarr. The long-term crazy professor phase of planetary interaction.

Comets

Add transitory comets to the game, allowing players to harvest them for their resources. Don’t expect this to be a safe working environment though!

weee it's a good time for gaming :)

It's like EVE is trying to become the ulitimate sci fi game ever made

TRYING

yes but still :)

Comments

• JonnyBigBossJonnyBigBoss Member UncommonPosts: 702
    Looks great. If all goes well it may just make the game more popular than ever before.
  • JADEDRAG0NJADEDRAG0N Member Posts: 733
    Where did you hear of the Joystick thing? never hear that one.
  • MinscMinsc Member UncommonPosts: 1,353
    Yes CCP, unlike most MMO companies has a 10 year plan for EVE. And unlike some companies *cough* Blizzard *cough*, they don't create an expansion solely to keep people from quitting from boredom. They do it to add new features and gameplay elements.
  • BigDave7481BigDave7481 Member Posts: 298
    Most of this was taken from The Drawingboad or In Development section of the Eve-O site.  The joystick thing wasnt there though... I doubt they will do this.
  • kovahkovah Member UncommonPosts: 692
    Originally posted by Minsc

Yes CCP, unlike most MMO companies has a 10 year plan for EVE. And unlike some companies *cough* Blizzard *cough*, they don't create an expansion solely to keep people from quitting from boredom. They do it to add new features and gameplay elements.

Hrm, so you are saying that had EVE never had an expansion there would still be as many people playing as there are now?

Sorry Minsc but I can't agree with your logic, while I do agree to a point that Blizzard HAS to release expansions in order to retain more customers.  But that is not the sole reason, you can't convince me that the people that write/design/develope the Expansion content for Blizzard do it solely because they are trying to keep people around and not because they actually enjoy doing it.  CCP does "it to add new features and gameplay elements" IN ORDER TO KEEP THE GAME FROM BECOMING STAGNANT.  ie, to retain customers.   Same as any MMO company that releases an Expansion.

(imo)

• niraco79niraco79 Member Posts: 37
    Kovah, i think u have some point true but also not true. Minsc is right when he said that CCP have a 10 year plan. Also Eve beeing a player driven unique shard game the stagnation is not so easy to achieve. But also CCP is a bussiness so they need to keep their product in public eyes. Expansions are good to keep people, to get new people, to make people return. Like in many MMO`s, but also not. Paradox isn`t it?!?!
  • trentonxtrentonx Member Posts: 147
    When I read those two posts

I read the same thing

your both saying CCP adds fetures

your both saying blizzard just makes expansions to keep people from being bored

I think you misread his post

as far as joystick control of freeform flying

read the eve forums in the idea feature thread there is a link to all of the suggestion CCP is thinking about and it's on the list

it's the top sticky

without this there is NO way you could fly into a planet

think about click in EMPTY space to move..

click on planet

you don't move

you CAN"T move

so a new movement system is needed for their new ideas
  • apollo99apollo99 Member Posts: 55
    I'm intrested in the new updates although I'm not sure about the Joystick control you mentioned. I'd like to know where you found that out but I think Eve's gameplay will be completley different in 5 years which sounds good =D
  • Dionis_64Dionis_64 Member Posts: 4

Alot of new game content in EVE-Online, But unplayeble ! I think CCP need to fix alot of BUGs what exist in game & improve database speed to prevent a LAG !!! & then all will be happy. I play this game more then 3 years & all work fine before COLD WAR patch dployed.

• JADEDRAG0NJADEDRAG0N Member Posts: 733
    Originally posted by Dionis_64

Alot of new game content in EVE-Online, But unplayeble ! I think CCP need to fix alot of BUGs what exist in game & improve database speed to prevent a LAG !!! & then all will be happy. I play this game more then 3 years & all work fine before COLD WAR patch dployed.

Just as well then the bug fixing team has nothing to do with those developing new content then 

• Dionis_64Dionis_64 Member Posts: 4

More new in game = some BUGs + old NOT fixed BUGs = Unplayeble Game !!! What we see now in EVE-Online. BTW i cansel all 5 my accounts in this game & never want to play this game !!! Also I wish to give advice to all who reads it, do not spend for this game the money and time. This game more does not deserve it.

• BigDave7481BigDave7481 Member Posts: 298

More new in game = some BUGs + old NOT fixed BUGs = Unplayeble Game !!! What we see now in EVE-Online. BTW i cansel all 5 my accounts in this game & never want to play this game !!! Also I wish to give advice to all who reads it, do not spend for this game the money and time. This game more does not deserve it.

Then what are you doing here?   You are not wanted, please leave.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500

Not to worry, I just started EVE last month, am getting ready to open my 2nd account, and will probably have 4 or 5 before I'm all said and done.....

So I've taken your spot.... but feel free to come back and visit sometime...... 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• trentonxtrentonx Member Posts: 147

um I'm going to edit for those who don't know

Trinty 2.0 is coming

the hole clinet is being rewritten for  rev 2

meaning EVERYONE will have to redownload the WHOLE GAME

they are not patching with rev 3

they are rereleasing EvE to fix this LAG and BUGS you talk about

bugs can be deep setinto the code and impposle to fix without opening another can of bugs