Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free? I don't think so

jadespiderjadespider Member Posts: 2

all the screenshots and game info looks pretty sweet.   I was all set to make Rappelz "the next big game in my life" when I made an account and logged in to find the ITEM SHOP.

Free my pale white ass!  no subscription fees mabye, but you'll be paying out the poop-chute for in-game disposable items.

Comments

• EbonHawkEbonHawk Member Posts: 545

Welcome to the world of F2P Asian games...

• blackdogblackdog Member UncommonPosts: 33

NOTE: Rappelz is free to get and play, if  you want extras buy them.

Nothing says you need any of the extras you pay for to enjoy the game. 

What is the difference from buying ingame items in Rappelz to buying gold in WoW/EQ2

Lets be realistic, what company is going to develop a game, take care of servers and updates and not want some return on their investment.  That is right up there with asking people to work for nothing.  I can't see that happening.  

• abistarabistar Member UncommonPosts: 92
    Originally posted by blackdog

What is the difference from buying ingame items in Rappelz to buying gold in WoW/EQ2
    Lets be realistic, what company is going to develop a game, take care of servers and updates and not want some return on their investment.  That is right up there with asking people to work for nothing.  I can't see that happening.  

Why even bother to reply hun?, It's called common sense.

• blackdogblackdog Member UncommonPosts: 33

I have been reading a lot of threads lately.   I became bored with WoW and am looking for a new diversion.  After 2 weeks of reading through the posts on here, there is a serious lack of common sense.   Some times stating the obvious will snap someone to their senses. At least I can hope

• petrickopetricko Member Posts: 84

Yeah, at least there is no commitment with the monthly game fee.  So you do not feel guilty if you have to take a few months off from gaming and not risk losing your character.  With no fee there is no commitment, play as much as you want to not.  I like having that flexibliity.  of course the prices for the items are pretty steep but that would be the price for the fee and probably how much time one would put into the game to obtain the item. So in that respect, its reasonable.

• RuffozRuffoz Member UncommonPosts: 76

Originally posted by blackdog

QFT.

Do you OP expect people to work for free and develop a game that costs money, let alone the servers..

You should think that making a game is a job, they don't make games just to let the players enjoy it for free, it's an income for them and their families.

• Dippy11Dippy11 Member UncommonPosts: 283

Originally posted by jadespider

all the screenshots and game info looks pretty sweet.   I was all set to make Rappelz "the next big game in my life" when I made an account and logged in to find the ITEM SHOP.

Free my pale white ass!  no subscription fees mabye, but you'll be paying out the poop-chute for in-game disposable items.
    Yeah, that's what free MMO's are now.  They're free, but people who spend money get unfair advantages or sometimes mere fancy clothes.  Yet, people actually do spend money on these things!  It's like a 'pay to play' game with a gold buying system incorporated into it, except it's in the form of weapons, armor, exp or a bunch of other things. 

Due to the unfair advantages, I prefer subscription games as everyone has access to everything. 

• jadespiderjadespider Member Posts: 2

don't tell me that "free means you pay for it" is a common sense issue.   There are plenty of games out there that are TRUELY free.  Now I'll grant you that those games may or may not be all that great, they may be a perpetual free open beta testing (planeshift) but they're free, and you get what you pay for.

When a game describes itself as free, it better dang well be FREE!  or I'm gonna go post warnings in some forum somewhere warning people who don't share your "uncommon" sense.

• JimyHumuHumuJimyHumuHumu Member UncommonPosts: 251

don't tell me that "free means you pay for it" is a common sense issue.   There are plenty of games out there that are TRUELY free.  Now I'll grant you that those games may or may not be all that great, they may be a perpetual free open beta testing (planeshift) but they're free, and you get what you pay for.

When a game describes itself as free, it better dang well be FREE!  or I'm gonna go post warnings in some forum somewhere warning people who don't share your "uncommon" sense.
    lol

some funny guy or ...

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

(...)

When a game describes itself as free, it better dang well be FREE! or I'm gonna go post warnings in some forum somewhere warning people who don't share your "uncommon" sense.

If it costs nothing to play then yes it is free service. Independent commercial service (item shops) on the side does not change that status.
    Since I see no information about being forced to pay for play; thread is locked.
This discussion has been closed.