Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sword of the New World: Public Beta

SzarkSzark News ManagerMember Posts: 4,420

K2 Network has announced that Sword of the New World has entered open beta, and is now open to the public.

IRVINE, Calif. - June 27, 2007 - K2 Network, Inc. (www.k2network.net), an online game publisher, announced today that the beta for its epic MMORPG, Sword of the New World: Granado Espada is now live and open to the public.

"The growing Sword of The New World community has been waiting for this day and it's finally here," said Grantley Day, Vice President of Development at K2 Network. "Until now gamers could only read about the unique and exciting experience that is Sword of The New World; but now they can experience this truly exceptional game firsthand."

Gamers who are interested in being part of the open beta which is now live and continues through until early July should visit http://www.swordofthenewworld.com/register-beta.php

to sign up and start playing. In the beta, players will have access to 4 worlds while experiencing the game's extensive costume selection feature and unique multi-character control system, while testing out the deep and compelling character classes.

Licensed to K2 Network by Hanbitsoft, Sword of the New World is developed by imcGAMES. imcGAMES is headed by CEO Hakkyu Kim, the creator of Ragnarok Online, one of the world's most popular MMO's with more than 25 million subscribers. A fantasy MMORPG whose story is modeled after Europe's exploration of the New World, this gorgeous, original title allows players to create and simultaneously control a family of characters utilizing the excusive Multiple Character Control (MCC) system.

This innovative fantasy adventure lavishly unfolds its luscious graphical style through a rich and compelling story comprised of thrilling missions and quests. Swept by an exotic New World fever in the 17th century, this fictional yet profoundly historical exploration of the new found continent includes features that are all-new and exclusive to the U.S. and European versions of the game.

To sign up for the beta, click here.

For more on Sword of the New World, visit www.k2network.net

Comments

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

It only took me a week to realize this is another horrible asian grindfest.  My opinion of course.  I tried it because I saw several posts that it was a great game.  Guess I know to ignore those posters from now on.

Not my cup of tea.  The multiple character system just encourages soloing, why bother to call it a MMO.

I don't understand who they think are going to play all these contentless games, even an extremely bored Wow player would not last a week in this game and If I was a MMO producer, that is the market segment I would want to capture.

Support is not good either, none of my support requests recieved any reply.

• MiNaAuMiNaAu Member Posts: 382

japanese GE WAS great in CB but after their launch the xp rates had been lowered making it a grind, in CB it was easy to get xp and it seemed more fun. maybe im saying that just because it was my second time playing it

• jaixjaix Member Posts: 99

I enjoy the graphical quality. It maintains the "asian mmo" feel to the graphics, but makes them much more aesthetically pleasing. However, I'm not sure what to make of the "clunky" feel to everything. Nothing seems to flow. From battle to moving. I'm used to moving using a mouse, I played Lineage II and Ragnarok Online for quite some time, but this one just doesn't feel right...I'll play it a little longer to see what they do with it, but if it were to launch now (Engrish and disconnect bug notwithstanding), I probably wouldn't get it.

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

It only took me a week to realize this is another horrible asian grindfest.  My opinion of course.  I tried it because I saw several posts that it was a great game.  Guess I know to ignore those posters from now on.
    Not my cup of tea.  The multiple character system just encourages soloing, why bother to call it a MMO.
    Hmm... Even if you would play this or that game let it be VG or WoW. Are you high enough level you wont have to group to beat Hogger. MCC is not a reason that you wouldnt group so you can go through higher level minibosses and maps. Group up so you can manage to do the quests while youre not overlevel them.
    Ofcourse there is about the same reason to group and to go solo in this game as the next.
    MCC brings something different and fresh.
    And a BIG part of MMO is social interaction between players, that is not only made by grouping or for that matter forced grouping.
    I don't understand who they think are going to play all these contentless games, even an extremely bored Wow player would not last a week in this game and If I was a MMO producer, that is the market segment I would want to capture.
    WoW players or bored WoW players.  Are there not enough with games around and incoming that aims for that market?
    Support is not good either, none of my support requests recieved any reply. 

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"