Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

trial veredict

comacoma Member Posts: 92

Major good stuff: First let me say I am not much of a pvper. I actually like exploring and trading over pvp. Thing is, I gotta do this in a risk/reward environment or I dont enjoy myself. Eve has this and atm no other game does. Great plus too is the constant space dominantion wars between corps which provide a stream of player involvement and drama like no other game in the market. I am not much into corps, I ve always played mmorpgs solo because I cant  give the time that most  guilds worth being into demand and the loss of freedom to do anything I please when I log in so I didnt get much of this feature. Another goodie is the market and economics of Eve. If I subscribe its to try freighters and industrials out. I think I spent most of my trial looking at the market trying to find deals.

Minor stuff I enjoyed: music, graphics, expansions for free, NPC guilds for us solo or casual players, the lore.

But, it plays like a turn based game.. I much more prefer a game that plays like say, AC or WoW(before UI customizations, I remember doing wicked key combos during fights..). The overview alone is necessary to play, the main game screen is just there for fluff. IMO this game would be much better without approach commands, keep at distance..hell, get rid of the overview alltogether. Or then turn overview into a module that takes a few slots lol. 

Minor stuff I disliked: Stargates, planets and moons without much impact in the game, lack of toon, systems all look alike.

sorry for bad english

Comments

• JonnyBigBossJonnyBigBoss Member UncommonPosts: 702

Better suited for the ratings section itself. It's a hit or miss game, really it is. Not many people feel like coming home and playing something that requires thinking. I personally got tired of WoW after getting every piece of gear for my class and then realizing how incredibly bad the process is. Other than that game, I can't see anything else worth 5-15$ a month besides this. It's beautiful, deep, customizable, and has the most mature playerbase of any MMO. I am yet to run into a little "dbag" (I know they're there but I found one in every other MMO I've played within minutes). Tough luck my friend.

• Document1Document1 Member Posts: 50

I really think u aproach the game from the wrong side, sit back and relax :)

---------
    Priston Tale - Rose Online - Knight Online - The Saga of Ryzom - EVE Online and a dozen of others

• MoobkradMoobkrad Member Posts: 308

Is not turn based. It really depends on how much the module takes to activate. Let's say you are in a missile battle, even when a missile is in flight towards you; you still have a chance to load and send those defenders (defenders are missiles that destroy missiles).

Of course is not as fast as WoW. This is more of a tactical game than action.

Planets and moons are there to simulate galaxies. Stargates are just there to bottleneck influx and exodus from a system, to decrease lag so to speak.

In terms of Corps, look for one that accepts casual players. I am one, I love to play solo too. However I do like to chat with people, so having the same people there makes it for some interesting chats as well as forming friendships.

• DistilerDistiler Member Posts: 416

You can deploy small starbases in the orbit of the moons and mine them and you can also deploy big starbases in orbit of planets in where to start you own empire (sound easy eh? XD) :l