Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

L2 The Barren Land :(

ninjaladyninjalady Member Posts: 64
I am sure there are other topics similar to this one but...

I really enjoy playing L2 even tho I am not into pvp & play almost 99% solo or PUG's. "and clanless"

I just enjoy it for the solo & group content for PVE.

I can handle the slow exp grind no problem, but this game has major problems when it comes to making $.

There are very few new players anymore, all lvl 20 & under zones are just a barren land now days :(

"compared to Wow, where I can still goto starter areas & find it full of new "real" players still today."

Since there are very few new players coming to L2, it just makes the economy worse. Each day it gets harder

& harder to sell gear that is not like top A or S grade.

It really does not help also that the GM's seem to not care that there are more farmers/Bots now playing

L2 than there are real live players. :(

I really like L2, even if it is just for the non pvp stuff, but I am seriously looking for a different game to play

that actually has players running around. & good pve content.

Barren low lvl areas for months at a time are killing this game. :(

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

Well, first of all I don't think it's fair or accurate to compare this game to WoW. This is a niche game. It really caters to a smaller segment of the gaming population. Because of this you just  aren't going to get the same playerbase.

Because it is a pvp game, no one really wants to go hanging out in the low player areas. Hence the reason NC made it easier to level out of them. I think in some ways this is a shame but if there are so few players going through these areas then it doesn't make sense to keep players there.

Another shame is that you have a lot of beautiful landscape going to waste.

I do agree that the economy is tough. And it is for this reason that I just cancelled both my accounts this weekend.

Making money is not fun for me. I don't play these games to sit in town and make money. Hate it. So I can commiserate on that. And I was trying to sell A and some S grade. It's just hard.

To be very honest though, more power to you as this game (in my opinion and others as well) is about clans and pvp warefare. Grinding for the sake of grinding seems hollow unless you are going to pvp later. But to each his/her own.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ninjaladyninjalady Member Posts: 64
    L2 is just not fun anymore, its only a niche game for people that want a game that is a 2nd or 3rd job when it comes

to making $.

No wonder no new players are coming to L2.

ncsoft wont say it, but L2 was made to e-bay.

Drop rates are Way too low, lol man if you get just 1 full drop in a whole year of playing then you are doing good.

lol what a joke.

and i am not new to L2. I have been playing since prelude. but there comes a time when you gotta ask yourself:

Do i really need a 2nd or 3rd job

"which is what playing L2 & making $ really is"

or do I want to play a game that is actually fun.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Originally posted by ninjalady

L2 is just not fun anymore, its only a niche game for people that want a game that is a 2nd or 3rd job when it comes

to making $.

Drop rates are Way too low, lol man if you get just 1 full drop in a whole year of playing then you are doing good.

lol what a joke.

and i am not new to L2. I have been playing since prelude. but there comes a time when you gotta ask yourself:

Well, that's the question I asked myself this weekend as I was trying to get an S grade weapon. I'm just too tired to do the economy anymore. Hate leaving it. really hate leaving it as in many ways it is a great game. But I've been unhappy with the game since C3. Perhaps I'll return one day but there are other games on the horizon that might fill the void nicely...

My current hope is on Aion.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • RenithRenith Member Posts: 145

to making $.

lol what a joke.

Fulldrop chances are low yes.. but imo it' s not fun if its easy to find weaps + armor that easily.. I mean you get alot more respect now when you create a majestic leather for example. Another reason why Lineage 2 is not to be compared with WoW .. imo.
  • SorrowhoSorrowho Member Posts: 581

to making $.

lol what a joke.

no it wasen't it would have been better without, cause it was much better at the start off the game where everyone diden ebay top gear, pvp lasted longer cause people had bad weapon's, armor's to off course but a high qualty weapon is far better then the top armor's. 

Not to mention that grouping was must more popular cause with crappy gear, they only way most people could avoid downtime was in groups so almost everyone did it.

but yere now the botting and ebaying has runied the game

Originally posted by Renith

to making $.

lol what a joke.

Fulldrop chances are low yes.. but imo it' s not fun if its easy to find weaps + armor that easily.. I mean you get alot more respect now when you create a majestic leather for example. Another reason why Lineage 2 is not to be compared with WoW .. imo.

ehm no i don't think most people look at it like that, at least i don't, considering how many ebay's, so most off the people who ever get's A grade has ebayed it
  • GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180

Ya the markets for lower levels has gone done. Majority of the time, it is mainly top of each grade that is sold.. There will still be markets for C-grade + because people subclassing. I am trying to get to A-grade as fast as possible so I can sell my B-grade and hopefully be at a really safe place incase I quit (which I know I will because I have quit probably over 15 times already from being burned out and then later coming back).

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

I played L2 back in Prelude, and it quickly became obvious that to master the game, you had to master the economy . (and be willing to put lots of hard work into doing so).

Couple that with a tough leveling grind and I decided it wasn't the game for me.....

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• joeshmoejoeshmoe Member Posts: 84

I miss prelude. That was probably the most fun I ever had in L2. Back then it was just so new to people and pvp was so much fun when it was at lower levels. I tried coming back around C5 and decided to try out that newer european server, and even then, I didn't see anyone in starter towns. I guess it's just not bustling with life anymore. In some ways I wish it would revert back to the good old days, but that's wishful thinking on my part I guess.

Quite logical, Lineage 2 didn't really have dramatic changes after c3. And btw, the new Euro server without people in starter towns? That 's odd cause about 6 or 7 weeks after the server launch I took a look over there. The starter towns were quite filled, excluding bots ofcourse.

• dreamer05dreamer05 Member UncommonPosts: 679

I've felt this way for a very long time.  I used to play L2 and had a blast. It has unique classes and beautiful graphics.  I don't even enjoy the type of hardcore pvp that L2 has but I still had a lot of fun with this game. The major probelm I had was lack of people. It was hard to find groups, even as a healer. Raiding and grouping was always a blast but it was rare that I could just hop on and find a group without searching for nearly an hour, which takes a lot of the fun out of a game.

"God, please help us sinful children of Ivalice.."

Clannies are essential in this game . Well organized raids can be done very fast, same as for PvP groupies.. The community of Lineage2 probably won' t become bigger, as cronicle 5 is the last major update, unfortunately.. Im just waiting for NCsoft to bring out Aion now.

• inetiaticinetiatic Member Posts: 6

This game is. and has been on its decline. Server's are run by the same top clans/alliances for the last 2 chronicles and its underpopulated dead game. China-soft is at fault for lack of advertisement and customer service.

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

I am sure there are other topics similar to this one but...

I really enjoy playing L2 even tho I am not into pvp & play almost 99% solo or PUG's. "and clanless"

I just enjoy it for the solo & group content for PVE.

I can handle the slow exp grind no problem, but this game has major problems when it comes to making $.

There are very few new players anymore, all lvl 20 & under zones are just a barren land now days :(

"compared to Wow, where I can still goto starter areas & find it full of new "real" players still today."

Since there are very few new players coming to L2, it just makes the economy worse. Each day it gets harder

& harder to sell gear that is not like top A or S grade.

It really does not help also that the GM's seem to not care that there are more farmers/Bots now playing

L2 than there are real live players. :(

I really like L2, even if it is just for the non pvp stuff, but I am seriously looking for a different game to play

that actually has players running around. & good pve content.

Barren low lvl areas for months at a time are killing this game. :(
    Well you got some valid comments but there are a few things: L2 is aging. It never went over well because it was a first generation design that came into direct competion with WoW ( released in the same year although a few months ahead) First gen games were all grinders and were basically put "out of business" when WoW launched. Pick any first gen game and show me a thriving noobie area.

Comparing WoW to L2 is apples to oranges. Not even close to the same thing. Design and playstyles are opposing, not similar at all.

The economy is pretty much, at every turn, been what killed this game for western players. Its what wore me out also. If L2 had a logical, sane economy, its sub numbers would easily be double what they are.  

As far as the starter areas, Level 20 areas are empty because it takes about 2 to 4 days for a new player to get to level 20 and move on. I don't see how it would actually be possible to take longer with all the noobie helper bonuses unless you simply are not playing. Add that to the fact that its a slow growing game and anything under lvl 20 is empty. The grind really doesn't slow you down until about 40 or so........

L2 has had steady growth in the western market since launch. It has never lost subs in all but one single quarter last year in NA/Euro. (I will try to dig out the last quater report from NCSoft) The median level in the game is over 40 so naturally the economy shifts. The impact of farmers really can't be measured but its safe to say they have a dramatic impact on things.

So being a player since prelude, you are just noticing some of this now? I also don't see how on earth you endured this game playing solo / clanless. There really isn't a point and its grind is almost unhealthy to do without a clan. Granted, its a great looking game and it is an open free roming world but.....solo....??? I would think one would need therapy if they endured L2 solo / clanless play for 3 years.

Based on your comment about looking for a game, I would seriously suggest LotR's. Sounds like you would like it . Be warned, you are not going to escape bots and gold farmers and the PLAYERS who use them, there either. LotR has a thriving RMT market that probably dwarfs L2 at this point.

Anyway, good luck.