Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xbox 360 Hardware Survey

2»

Comments

• methane47methane47 Member CommonPosts: 3,701

Originally posted by xpyrofuryx
    I play with mine inside a small entertainment center slot and mines doing just fine.

Dang my mind must be in the gutter.. cuz that did not sound right at all

What's your Wu Name?
    Donovan --> Wu Name = Violent Knight
    Methane47 --> Wu Name = Thunderous Leader
    "Some people call me the walking plank, 'cuz any where you go... Death is right behind you.."
    <i>ME<i>

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by methane47

Originally posted by xpyrofuryx
    I play with mine inside a small entertainment center slot and mines doing just fine.

Dang my mind must be in the gutter.. cuz that did not sound right at all

*throws breakfest in the trashcan* thanks you bastard, bleh ><

• deplorabledeplorable Member Posts: 418

My original UK launch xbox, is working perfectly... thompson drive and all, purring away...

My 360 though is.. at the repair shop after the red rings of death, and according to my UPS tracking it arrived at the UK repair centre, so i hope it's not in some weird country. Although one of the plants that makes them is in Austria, so not a big deal.

If the above is true, and my console is elsewhere, then Watchdog will probably be ones to know again... they were not amused with microsoft last time ;)

watchdog saw to it, that no one gets charged for repairs, in the UK at least:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/

"The Xbox 360 was a global phenomenon when it was launched in the UK in December 2005. The world's richest man and Microsoft boss Bill Gates called it the Ferrari of home entertainment. But we've had nearly 250 complaints from people who think it's more of a clapped-out old banger.

Worse still, you've been telling us that some of the problems with your faulty Xbox 360 consoles occur when the one-year warranty has run out. That means you have to fork out to get it fixed.

Alex Ainsow had no problems for a year. But, just after the warranty ran out, his Xbox 360 wouldn't stop crashing. He had to pay £85 for the repair. His second Xbox 360 lasted three days before it got the 'three red lights' - a hardware failure known in the gaming community as the 'ring of death'. Once you see them, the box can't be fixed.

Craig Jenkins also got the 'ring of death' when his Xbox 360 was just two months out of warranty. He's been told he'll have to pay £80 to get it fixed.

In the US, Microsoft has admitted it's had a higher number of problems than it expected. Ellie Gibson, editor of the website gamesindustry.biz, told us the gaming companies shouldn't make consumers pay excessive charges.

Microsoft has now offered Ainsow a replacement console and some new games. It says most people with an Xbox 360 have an outstanding experience, and there's no systemic issue. Each incident is unique and looked at on a case-by-case basis. And the company says it does everything it can when people have problems."