Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I dont think Square Enix does a very good job of listening to American players ideas...

gargantroogargantroo Member Posts: 1,477

Square Enix isnt doing a very good job of listening to their American players. Since the beginning of FFXI, people have been asking Square Enix for stuff and Square Enix hasnt even replied. For example, American players have been asking for PVP for a LONG time now, but SE hasnt given us a real PVP system, they havent even promised one, OR SAID THEY WOULDNT DO IT! i'm not demanding for PVP, I asked for it, it can be rejected, accepted, or promised for later. But ignored? And I'm not the only one, go to all of the american message boards and read about PVP, the SE dev's said we would have PVP and released a sport in which we can PVP there only. Luckily, with MMORPGs, its never too late because you can add patches, but with SE (being so overconfident about the game) you can expect three basic things with the expansion packs: New items, new lands to explore, new monsters.
No new systems, no new races, no new jobs. Dont look forward to it. I am so sick of SE not listening to us, this game is good, but I want to be heard. And when I say "I" I mean everyone. The FFXI has a suggestion e-mail. I'm sure they set the junk-mail filter to original ideas so that they can catch all the players who want more than just new items, new lands and monsters.

I guess the reason I made this post is because FFXI is promising NOTHING new with the new expansion pack, yet we have asked for SOOO much and they havent even considered it. I know most of you guys will be like "OMG HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT GARGY!?!?!111 WE LOVE FFXI AND SE DID A GOOD JOB". Well, I'm not directing this message to you, I'm directing it to people who are dissapointed to what SE has said about Chains of Promethia.

I'm a Final Fantasy XI fan too, I love this game, like I said. But I am dissapointed in the dev's lack of listening to American players. We should have a say too.

Ultima Online- Apoc
Final Fantasy XI Online- Nabara
World of Warcraft- (Coming soon :P)

i play on australian servers because racism is acceptable there

Comments

• NeoKyosuke18NeoKyosuke18 Member Posts: 204

The only way they will PUSH content out quick is if they loose a DRASTIC amount of players and as far as I know.. Most players, even with their Gripes, are still playing!

It's not like they don't know you want it, it's getting it completely tested and worked out.

I personally can't stand FFXI anymore.. it was overhyped and under-developed. Also i hate the players of it.. They all want to party up but they don't want to share the wealth! everyones in it for themselves. Lack of players who are willing to try a different area got a bit annoying too.. So heres a big salute to Final Fantasy XI ::::32:: <- Middle Finger!

::::02::

• gargantroogargantroo Member Posts: 1,477
    Firstly, dont point the middle finger at FFXI, point it at SE, they are the jerks behind this whole project. If they ARE developing a PVP system, how come we havent heard of it yet? Square Enix... whoever Enix is... well ever since Square Enix came into existence they have released bad games (Final Fantasy X-2, FFXI) How sad that a good company is going down the drain. Better yet, how sad that a good MMORPG is run by such a bad staff. Since Square Enix lost A TON of players after the release of the game, MAYBE they got the hint that they arent appealing to a large crowd of people, probably people who want PVP and customizeability for there characters.
    Note: Final Fantasy XI did lose a ton of players, so before everyone starts complaining, please get some facts first like I did.

Ultima Online- Apoc
    Final Fantasy XI Online- Nabara
    World of Warcraft- (Coming soon :P)

i play on australian servers because racism is acceptable there
  • LuRaviLuRavi Member UncommonPosts: 239

Originally posted by gargantroo 
    Square Enix... whoever Enix is...

well ever since Square Enix came into existence they have released bad games (Final Fantasy X-2, FFXI)

Square Enix lost A TON of players after the release of the game,

Note: Final Fantasy XI did lose a ton of players, so before everyone starts complaining, please get some facts first like

I heard Conjecture that Enix was the company that bought square because their live action movie was a big flop and they lost their heads so they had to be acquired by someone else to survive.

Again its your opnion that ever since Enix has taken over they have released bad games, and again you did not preface your statement in such a manner to convey your speaking of your own opnions. While i have not played X-2 I know a friend of mine who has played it a lot and likes it a lot

The third line is what made me respond to you once again. Everything i have seen points the other direction that its a really thriving MMOG. Please show your proof that its losing 'a TON' how do you quantify a ton, 2,000 people compared to what square has quoted as 500,000 suscribers? Just because someone states on a board they are quitting dosen't make it a ton, THERE ARE OTHER PEOPLE LIKE YOU, who are people who post notes on boards to create a stir and cause a ruckus

You say again that in your note, that it has lost a ton of players. If you are making an arguement tell us where you know this for a fact they have lost a ton. Do not expect us to do your work to find out for ourselves if you cannot be bothered to prove to us this truth that you claim, right now your still just a person standing on top of a box and your screaming at us things we do not care to hear because you ramble on and on. Stop screaming and present yourself in a better manner and people might listen.