Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Game is still buggy after almost a year now !

admriker444admriker444 Member Posts: 1,526

Just came to SWG after being away for 4 months and must say it still has ridiculous problems. Some would seem so simple to fix, yet SOE is too busy making more eye candy to keep her precious power gamers happy. The following issues are just a few I've encountered in the past 2 weeks....

Lag - still around and yes i have latest drivers, blah blah blah. Even top of the line systems struggle because of a memory leak. So stop telling me fanboys to spend 500 bucks upgrading my system (I did) cause its SOE fault, not mine for lagging. Also lag is just awful in any player city mall. Spend 5 min trying to walk in a door for a large mall. Then wait 5 min for screen to load on a vendor in there. Then wait 5 min for purchase to be complete. Then wait 5 min for object to be retrieved. Bah

Rubberband effect - Pathetic that this still exists. For those unfamiliar, hit the water on a bike or at burst run and watch your self go back in time to a previous spot. Hope their's no lair of nightsister elders nearby too !

Bike - I still can't put my swoopbike away in storage near Coronet for some weird reason. I even one time got 2 bikes to appear. Go near the repair garage by SP in coronet. Repair your bike and try and put it away. It just sits there. Go into datapad and option to generate one is there. Wallah, 2 bikes only one is "real" and oops still unrepaired so you just pissed away 5k on a wasted repair. Or my favorite is successfully repairing the bike, then off to dathomir (where there are no repair garages) and take the bike out and bam still damaged. Now I have to go back and try again, sigh.

Dantooine Missions - The current flavor of gaming is to go to Dantooine Mining Outpost and get into a solo - group for missions. In other words group up so you can pull Level 99 Mokk Shaman missions that pay out 27k each. I won't even get into game mechanics, meaning there's no way in hell I should be able to solo these so easily. Take 2, rinse and repeat. Only problem is that half the time after completing the mission you dont get paid. The mission remains incomplete so you destroy it and start over. Other times, the mission waypoint is just plain empty.

Items - Yep, they still go missing. Last night I bought some furniture to decorate a house. I bought 2 Paintings but only had 1 which I noticed when placing stuff. I figured I must have forgotten to retrieve it so went back and checked. Nop, not there so spent another 15k on another one. Sure enough this morning "bing" guess whats in my inventory, the missing Painting Some items go missing upon retrieval from bazaar too.

E-mail - Still not working as intended. The point was to make crafters know when an item sold via e-mail confirmation. Has SOE just given up on this idea ? I used to at least get half of them sales confirmed by e-mail. Now I get nada. Kind of hard keeping track of whats being bought and where.

quests - the simplest quests still don't work. I went back to the Gungan Sacred place a few days ago. One of the NPC's still has a blank text bubble. Boss Nass, finished with him but I didn't get the sense that I'm done there. Also my reward was 500 credits for a mission that required me to travel 5k meters argh. SOE wants to add a space expansion, yet can't find the time to fix something that is still broken ? Also, how about wasted spaces like the Jawa Fortress or Ewok Tree villages ? Great looking places full of npc's that do nothing and can't be talked to for missions. Why did they even bother with these ? I'm assuming that they must have eventually planned on making these mini theme parks but just never did. Its so stupid reading a loading screen that talks about the jawa fortress with merchants galore and also "watch your droids while there" junk. Delete these sections or do something with them BEFORE you release space pack.

Combat Revamp - How long do we have to wait for this ? Each publish seems to take 2 months so I'm guessing after 9, 10 till 11 (i think its publish 11 for revamp ?) 6 more months. Pathetic, especially when I got an e-mail back in February asking me to come back because of the new way to get jedi (tick tick tick, still wating on that) and combat revamp (which is now on hold). In the meantime, I can get my kills stolen by every 13 yr old running around with the latest flavor of the month profession (rifleman).

In conclusion, there's much more issues but can't recall every annoying thing right now. All I can say is SOE your lucky I'm such a huge an of star wars AND nothing else appeals to me (gaming-wise) right now. Once this fall's many games come out its bye bye swg if things dont improve fast.

Thunderbolt

eclipse

Comments

• panachepanache Member UncommonPosts: 397

Er....Ditto

Can't be bothered to type anything about SWG atm

Pazza Eclipse, MBH with pistol line dropped to try swords 1+2

Pan

• admriker444admriker444 Member Posts: 1,526

Ah, a MBH. I bet you love the fact that theoretically you should be the most powerful non-jedi out there yet most melee can take you out in 10 seconds. No balance to a game when someone spends 95% of their skill points on a combat profession and can't take out a person who spends 33% of their skill points.

I'm not even gonna touch my beloved (former) Ranger profession. I was so upset when I dropped this because I had such high hopes for her in beta. Now she's a shallow of what devs said she'd be. I can't see how a "combat revamp" will fix this. Even the Ranger correspondent has admitted we're screwed for the next year or more.

Droid revamp, what droid revamp ? All I see is some stupid spam bots and some flashbulb effects for dancers. Like anyone even cares about glowy effects in a cantina anymore. Where's the droidekas ? Where's the trade federation type droids ? Droid engineers CAN'T be happy with this cause there are still like only 5 per server (and 3 are dumb newbs who don't know better).

Squad Leader, haha yeah right. I really need the +10 melee defense bonus since I'm already capped at 125. Worthless profession which they should just dump completely.

Smuggler, enuff said....and no they won't be doing any REAL smuggling in space either. Check their forum, some really unhappy campers over there.

Finally, I don't see how a combat revamp will fix all this. All I see is a heavy nerf bat coming forcing us to group again. I don't mid grouping at all, but I see it being forced upon us. I also don't see this fixing the balance issues currently present.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

I had paired up with a MBH and I witnessed him take out several Rebel Players (who were also Masters in their fighting classes ...and yes one was a swordsman)

I also had the pleasure of whiping a Teras Kasa Master from the planet

MBH, from what I have seen is very powerful.

However you guys totally hate the game and thats fine.  I totally hate L2.

Although the funny thing is I used to hate SWG but I gave it an honest second try and I couldn't be happier.  Sorry that you hate the game so much; however Im having a blast.  Good luck to you two for finding a mmorpg that you'll like! image

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

Admriker..

I looked at your first post in this thread and I have to say out of all the things you mentioned, I only agree with lag.

I ran into 2 rubberband effects out of one month gameplay (and they werent bad at all)

Never had a problem with the bike not able to store

Never had a problem with Dantoinne missions (not to say it doesnt exist)

Havent had problems with a items...well one problem.  I didnt get a left bracer.  I logged off for 20 minutes and logged back in and it was there.  But I donthtink thats too bad since I probbaly acruired over 10,000 different items since i came back

Havent had a problem with email. Ive sold several pieces of armor and get the email. Sometimes I wish I hadnt had this feature as Im tired logging on and seeing 20 email messages lol

True the gungan quest is still borked

however you're right about some points but I personally dont find them all too bad since I played other mmorpgs and realized there are many other games out there that just sucks lol

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• flabairflabair Member Posts: 188

i would say get a clue, they arent going to fix, the lag or anything else for a while as they are making money with whats out there and they need to keep adding fluff to make there fanbase happy. besides once they start a project it cost to much to stop and work on something else and then come back to the project. once they have the projects out and see how buggy they are and fix some off those bugs they will set a crew up to work on broken quest , lag and other items prolly. also a lot of times they think they have fixed something as ppl stop reporting the same bug once they have reported it, even thou the fix didnt work. i would just tell ya every time you hit a broken quest or a bug report it, if your close when someone pages is this quest not working, or i cant repair my bike, go try them your self and both report them, and keep reporting everytime you do it. like with powergamers they yell loudest about no content, the DEV listen and make content. if enuff ppl yell they will fix it or try to just to stop getting the reports on the bug. heck do the quest every day and report it every day till you get a real answer and not a form letter, then wait a reasonable time and repeat the quest and reports again.

Heh, Admir

I'm not like most of the whinging bh community who thinks cos they spend most skill points they should own everything blah blah blah!

I do think i should have the same pve experience as swordsman and tka get. I can't go to dant and pick up 27k missions and spam hit every voritor and lair at the same time. I can't park in the Geo cave and get power cubes which i can sell for lots of money... i just carry around empty carafes of royal jelly and spice containers until i find they are completely useless!! I can't have master doc and log off before shutdown at dungeons and relog on, rebuff and claim all the freshly created loot in the dungeon to sell on my vendor!

I used to be able to log on and think i will put my brain into neutral and blast a few things....can't even do that now knowing how completely useless this game is to the majority of the combat classes!

Pan

Sure its possible for a MBH to beat a TKM if he fights correctly. However 9 times out of 10 he will lose, and lose badly. I've never ever lost a PvP to any BH period and no I dont wear armor either. If I were to do like some have and add fencer defense skills for stacking purposes, forget ever coming close to touching me.

PvE is where the differences really shows up. There's not many BH running around on Dathomir or Endor cause they get eaten up. 99% of the players on those planets are TKM or Swordsman. I can easily solo 5 enraged bull rancors at once without armor. My buddy (MBH) HAS to wear 300k suits of composite to stand a chance against even one.

Lol Admir

Sounds like your too well enlightened in the pitfalls of being a BH....Just like me. Pvp doesn't interest me. BH is very poor in Pve too. I carry around two sets of comp, each type of carbine damage type, pistols, and llcs when i would be better off carrying around a pizza cutter or a broken piece of drain pipe :)

Pan

Pan

Todays bugs....

World map shows Corellia even though I'm on Naboo. I can see proper waypoints like Theed, but overhead is wrong. Happened again later with Tatooine showing while on Lok.

Eclipse server just crashed 10 minutes ago. Gee I cant wait to see how much xp I lose to a rollback.

I can't imagine how someone else can say they're not experiencing any of the above listed bugs. I know entire guilds that have quit in disgust recently because of them.

• HrnacHrnac Member Posts: 44

Originally posted by admriker444

Todays bugs....
    World map shows Corellia even though I'm on Naboo. I can see proper waypoints like Theed, but overhead is wrong. Happened again later with Tatooine showing while on Lok.
    Eclipse server just crashed 10 minutes ago. Gee I cant wait to see how much xp I lose to a rollback.
    I can't imagine how someone else can say they're not experiencing any of the above listed bugs. I know entire guilds that have quit in disgust recently because of them.

And your point is?

-Hrnac

My point is fanboy that bugs exist in this game even though some may lead you to think they don't (see above posts).

• milhoan6milhoan6 Member CommonPosts: 580

Well i definitley agree about lag but thats about it im not saying your lying i just never expierienced those bugs...yet

but i have aboout 4-6 days left on my trial so anything could happen between then lol

• HrnacHrnac Member Posts: 44

My point is fanboy that bugs exist in this game even though some may lead you to think they don't (see above posts).

LOL, I am hardly a fanboi of SWG. I waited almost a year before buying the game because I knew how bad it was. I am a realist and while I hate bugs as much as the next player, I recognize that they are an unfortunate reality in todays profit driven market. In a perfect world all games would be perfect and bug free, but we all know better don't we?

In my 20+ years of playing PC games, one thing I have learned over the years is to be patient. If the devs appear to be making an attempt to fix bugs, then I will continue to support the game. If they do not appear to be doing this, I simply move on to a new game. I don't post long winded rants or whine excessively about bugs, I spend my limited gaming dollars elsewhere.

-Hrnac

Originally posted by Hrnac

In my 20+ years of playing PC games, one thing I have learned over the years is to be patient. If the devs appear to be making an attempt to fix bugs, then I will continue to support the game. If they do not appear to be doing this, I simply move on to a new game. I don't post long winded rants or whine excessively about bugs, I spend my limited gaming dollars elsewhere.

-Hrnac

Since playing from last September, the bugs i encounterd were silly ones like openning your email your character will continuing running non-stop when closing it, etc. These were to me minor hinderances.

I have probably encountered all the bugs experienced by Admir. No mission payouts, vanishing half dead quenkers, duplicating bikes and unrepairable bikes...these cause a little more annoyance due to the loss in credits each one entails.

Please let Admir vent his feelings on the forums, at least he gets some feedback and opinions from supporters and more critical people who play SWG

It's more feedback than he has got from the DEV's for something he pays for. 

Pan.

Pan

Admriker if you hate the game so much leave it.  You wont hurt any of our feelings.  And stop with the name -calling already.  It really makes you look like you have to resort to name calling to get your point across

The game is bugged ok we believe you.  But Im still going to play it