Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is LOTRO worth my money?

I've just quitted WoW ( after wasting 2 months getting my rogue to 70 -.- ) and i heard that LOTRO would have more depth and would similar to WoW in the gameplay areas and plan to buy it. However, i've got a limited budget so can any1 enlighten me as in whether LOTRO would be worth the buy? Or should i jus play guild wars until WAR or Conan? thanks =)

To play or not to play, that is the question - MMO Freak

Comments

• Deathstrike2Deathstrike2 Member UncommonPosts: 1,777
    I'd suggest jumping into open beta today and see what you think of the game for yourself.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    Without knowing why you decided to leave WOW, I can't really tell whether you would enjoy LotRO or not. Also, don't know how fond of GW's you are.  Finally, while I believe AOC will arrive around September, (meaning you don't have that long to wait), WAR is probably not going to make 2007 (only my opinion, i know) so that would be a long time for me to go w/o a game I really enjoyed.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• RyakuenRyakuen Member Posts: 32
    Nope. don't waste your money. Never saw the point in spending on a bad clone of a bad game.

I'll admit scenery graphics arent bad but the characters motions just isnt appealing.

And its a slow game. Usage of skills is really really slow. Would make you feel retarded. The closest to a good game you are right now is SUN and perfect world. Might as well wait a littlebit for those then spend time and money on LOTR. And since you quit WoW you will prob quit Lotr anyway. Oh and 2moons and gods and heroes perhaps.
  • cobble75cobble75 Member Posts: 3

I would go the other way. While Lotr can't compete with wow yet as far as content (wow has the time and the budget) In my opinion the overall game is better with the potential to be excellent with many unique aspects. For example monster play is awesome.

It is definately very very similiar to WoW. So if you liked wow there is alot to like in Lotr as well. It does go in its own direction often enough to make it not exactly a clone so it does feel pretty fresh. Its not innovative by any means but well worth checking out.

• DesecratorXDesecratorX Member Posts: 12
    Just to make a response to Kyle, i quitted WoW because i am way too bored with it, been facing my rogue for the past year and kinda makes me feel bored, as in nothing to do in it. The quests and storyline is good, but the only endgame thing that i could do was raid, raid and more raid. Considering that i live in a completely different timezone, i really couldn't raid with school and stuff. PvP wasn't half as exciting. As for GW, was jus trying it out, kinda makes me fall asleep due to the instancing loading and the lack of ppl to talk to in game except in the city and non-instanced areas.

Back to boredomness~~~~~

*Edit*: Yea i heard quite a lot of good stuff about LotrO, some say it was crappy but some say it was good.

Good:Bad

1   :  1

P.S. I signed up for AOC beta and joined the WAR newletter thingy, and they said you would "win" a beta key, can't rely too much on winning tho =(

To play or not to play, that is the question - MMO Freak

• ..:Jax:....:Jax:.. Member Posts: 51
    Play Lotr if your a big fan of it. Otherwise I kinda doubt that you'll like it. I personally didn't like it. The gfx weren't that good and chars looked funny + the combat is slow. I don't know much about GW, I've only played it a few times at my friends house but it looked good and its b2p so no monthly fee. And well you can try some free games but I don't think you'll find any that are that good. there are some nice ones but not worth playing much imo.

Well I'd say that don't waste your money on Lotr. But that's just my opinion.

• bombermannbombermann Member Posts: 18
    remember that for lotro there is also a lifetime fee.... it could be useful to save your money..
  • nikoliathnikoliath Member UncommonPosts: 1,154
    "Quitted" is not a word