Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Marvel Universe DC Universe?

CloakasCloakas Member Posts: 2
Does anyone know what happened to these projects? I haven’t been able to find anything other than the fact that they seam to exist somewhere.

Comments

• severiusseverius Member UncommonPosts: 1,516
    DC Comics online is being developed by SOE.  Marvel Universe Online is being developed by Cryptic Studios (folks behind CoH/V) for Microsoft Games.
  • AlphamatroxoAlphamatroxo Member Posts: 32
    In other words Marvel Universe will likely be good, while DC Universe will reek of poo

• CloakasCloakas Member Posts: 2
    That was about all i could find out myself does anyone know how far into development either project is? I'm most intirested in Marvel Universe.... not a big SOE fan, then a gain I'm not a huge fan or Cryptic either.
  • ChunceyChuncey Member Posts: 4

I really want to play as The Question.

• kablekable Member Posts: 134

Just one thing you should consider before getting to psyched about either of these games. Expect marvel universe to be heavily geared towards xbox 360 and DC towards PS3.

Im not saying thats a bad thing, just might not be what you are looking for.

• raygunraygun Member Posts: 49

though i am big fan of both these respective companies universes'.  i never really had any desire to play as an established character, only one by my own design (hence, why i played coh and cov).  how fun is it goin to be when youre playing as batman and 30 others run by?  if either of these mmos take off i would be very surprised. 

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062
    Originally posted by Alphamatroxo

In other words Marvel Universe will likely be good, while DC Universe will reek of poo

Yep.  But if it was just a question of which I like better... I'd have to go with DC.  I like a lot of Marvel stuff, but DC is generally 'darker' and grittier which I enjoy.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• jusagamfrekjusagamfrek Member Posts: 56

Originally posted by raygun

though i am big fan of both these respective companies universes'.  i never really had any desire to play as an established character, only one by my own design (hence, why i played coh and cov).  how fun is it goin to be when youre playing as batman and 30 others run by?  if either of these mmos take off i would be very surprised. 

That's not going to happen.  Look at the other intellectual properties out there as an example.  You may see these well-known characters in the game - they may even assist you in some missions - but those character names will likely be blacklisted.  As to the powers?  Well only time will tell.  The cookie-cutter archetypes and skills will imho make for a rather boring game.  CoH and CoV were fun for about the first 25 lvls, but my satisfaction tapered off quickly afterwards.  It would be great if someone could break the mold, and these ip's offer the perfect opportunity for just that.