Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

beastmaster?

crazyivencrazyiven Member Posts: 142
 Ok from reading all the post all over the web, beastmaster is a solo type class.  Now my question is, what class do you start with to have the best set up? From what I have read you have to compleat a quest somewhere in game to get the job of beastmaster,( I think thats right) I just figure it would be a good class to do for the 30day deal so I can get the feel for the game.  So would I go with a white mage and then get the  beastmaster  job?

And yes I have search all over tryen to figure what is what in this game but cant find how to get to theat point of beastmaster.

Thx for your input

Comments

• RollotamasiRollotamasi Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 898
    Originally posted by crazyiven

Ok from reading all the post all over the web, beastmaster is a solo type class.  Now my question is, what class do you start with to have the best set up? From what I have read you have to compleat a quest somewhere in game to get the job of beastmaster,( I think thats right) I just figure it would be a good class to do for the 30day deal so I can get the feel for the game.  So would I go with a white mage and then get the  beastmaster  job?

And yes I have search all over tryen to figure what is what in this game but cant find how to get to theat point of beastmaster.

Thx for your input
    From what I remember of my FFXI days, most beastmasters subbed warrior so warrior was the job they lvl'd up before it.

-Currently looking forward to FFXIV

-Currently playing EvE and Global Agenda

• crazyivencrazyiven Member Posts: 142
    kk thx so race dosnt really mater?
  • RollotamasiRollotamasi Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 898

kk thx so race dosnt really mater?
    Most of the beastmasters I personally saw were usually humes.  This is probably because they tend to have balanced stats.

-Currently looking forward to FFXIV

-Currently playing EvE and Global Agenda

ok thx alot

I played eve for a long time and people say that that game had a bad learning curve this game takes the cake
  • BoudewijnsBoudewijns Member UncommonPosts: 162
    man all i wanted as to play FF XI but bc those boneheads from playonline didnt get ne GTC here in europe and i dont have a credit card so i had to pass the game man i wish i had the game now that i have a ps3 here running next to my tv

ahh thats messed....

Any beastmasters out that that could tell me what the best city would be to start in. all i read was the mission comes from some hose on a hill by the cocobo ranch or something.

thx
  • RproRpro Member Posts: 89
    Warrior is a decent sub for beastmaster if you're in a party, but no one uses it for soloing. If you plan on unlocking BST i suggest you level WHM to 30. Most people will sub WHM for their BST. Nin is also an option as you get higher.

You might have a hard time getting the full feel for BST in 30 days though. The job doesn't really 'start' until you hit level 35 and get an ability called Leave.
  • RproRpro Member Posts: 89

ahh thats messed....

Any beastmasters out that that could tell me what the best city would be to start in. all i read was the mission comes from some hose on a hill by the cocobo ranch or something.

thx
    The mission starts in a city called Jeuno, which is neither of the starting cities. You'll be making the trek to Jeuno @ around level 18, so starting city doesn't matter.
  • RinicRinic Member Posts: 715
    BST sub WHM for solo.

BST sub WAR for partys.

Nobody will invite a BST to a party.

So you're subbing WHM.
  • LilfurbalLilfurbal Member Posts: 115
    You will not be able to solo good at all with a war sub.  And for the most part you will not be partying with other jobs. 

If you get into a full beastmaster party (which are awesome btw) everyone should sub whm also.  Having war as a sub job should be least priority.  It's definately something useful for having once you get BST to 75.  Level 75 bst/37 war would be awesome.
  • NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

Thx for your input

I don't know how experienced you are with MMORPGs. Be warned that solo play as BST (beastmaster) is not a newbie job. You talk about the "30 day deal" - if that means you are considering to play BST within the 30 first playdays (buddy key trial?), note that you will have to put a lot of effort and time just to get that job.

First, you MUST get an OTHER job to lvl 30 (doesn't matter which job), that means you need a third job (for sub) up to lvl 15, or close to 15. Subjob can be obtained at lvl 18 and you can't skip it, or you will not get any party invites when you are in the lvl 20+ range, and then you won't even reach lvl 30. Then you will need to do a quest, in Jeuno as someone said, and this quest is not possible to get earlier than lvl 30. That goes for any advanced job, i believe. Btw, "advanced job" = any job that must be unlocked and can't be started from the beginning.

There are a lot of ppl out there considering BST because they want to play in this game alone. If that goes for you too, consider if FFXI is a game for you at all. Though BST is a possible solo job, FFXI is not a solo game. Other games, like WoW and EQ2, are fairly easy when it comes to soloing to top lvl, this is not the case for FFXI.

If you need more info about BST, check this site - it has the answers to most questions you might have:

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Beastmaster