Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

so wat mmo you play? (free and not)

just a thought created by curiosity, i just want to hear about what games you guys play and why. oh, this is purely other peoples opinions so try not to attack them. but constructive criticism is welcomed as long as it isn't malicious.

what i played so far:

ragnarok - good community, liked the class system, but i kinda wished they added more things to do

maple story - also good community, liked the avatars, hackers annoyed me

rapplez - ok community sometimes people were constantly arguing, but very well made, liked the organization, and skills

trickster - i like it so far but some weird error prevents me from playing (have to check if it is fixed)

everquest II -  i like the extensive character customization and quest but i don't like getting all those expansions oh well

hmmm thats all i can think of... oh and by no means are they bad games i recommend you guys to try it out and see for yourself

Comments

• chillikingchilliking Member UncommonPosts: 240
    I am currently playing ROSE online Evo... (ROE)....

The only thing i dislikes is:....eehh.. nothing--

what i like is; everything about the game!!!!!!!!!!!
  • bombermannbombermann Member Posts: 18

I used to play to Uo....

but now I'd like to changhe... Wow or Lotro?

• BetelgeuzeBetelgeuze Member Posts: 3

I played GuildWars a very ling time and sometimes I still play the free 3D MMORPG Planeshift from time to time. In the past I've also played some other free MMO games like Tivia and Rubies of Eventide. All great games but eventually I didn't stick with any of them.

I can't wait till Infinity: The Quest for Earth is released.

• JadetoothJadetooth Member UncommonPosts: 372

I've just recently stopped playing WoW ( it was a good 2years or so, but if blizzard don't add something new ((no, a new faction to grind rep with, for a new mount i can't even use because i don't have the time to grind 5000g, isn't new)) i'm not going to be paying for that anymore)

So now i'm thinking of resubscribing for EQ2 again, see how that game is coming along.

------------------------------

• KsyushaKsyusha Member Posts: 1

I think, that it is bad variant

Volcano

• CroseCrose Member Posts: 209
    Originally posted by xxmcmxx

just a thought created by curiosity, i just want to hear about what games you guys play and why. oh, this is purely other peoples opinions so try not to attack them. but constructive criticism is welcomed as long as it isn't malicious.

what i played so far:

ragnarok - good community, liked the class system, but i kinda wished they added more things to do

maple story - also good community, liked the avatars, hackers annoyed me

rapplez - ok community sometimes people were constantly arguing, but very well made, liked the organization, and skills

trickster - i like it so far but some weird error prevents me from playing (have to check if it is fixed)

everquest II -  i like the extensive character customization and quest but i don't like getting all those expansions oh well

hmmm thats all i can think of... oh and by no means are they bad games i recommend you guys to try it out and see for yourself
    The most recent EQ2 expansion, Echoes of Faydwer, retails for around $40 and includes the original game and all expansions.  It doesn't have the adventure packs, but you don't really need those anyways.
  • ImpelImpel Member Posts: 1
    I'm currently Playing RYL: Unforsaken Wars, it's a very nice game with a great community and great gameplay, i recommend it for all who wish to have a great gaming time
  • judgebeojudgebeo Member Posts: 419
    I just stop of GW, too much stress on pvp and no pve worth of be played.

Now, Im only playing Coh/Cov, probably one of the best MMORPG, why? because is different enought and its original, perhaps it got questing or things like the others, but it have lot of concepts that in 3 years no other game got... no even the newest, also it got awesome graphics, incredible customization, and a pvp mode that is great.

What I dislike... dunno... perhaps that I like to see more archetypes? think almost everything of this game is good, taking account of the leveling/killing concept. Perhaps there must be other ways to gain xp, like random arenas or more pvp in this way...
  • EndemondiaEndemondia Member Posts: 231

My first ever mmorpg was PROJECT ENTROPIA - increbible but v v v expensive so I only go back now to keep my account live (it is worth about £1000 ($2000)).

WOW just appeared but had teething problems with its servers and looked like it was made for under 10 year olds (turns out is was LOL) so got hooked into GUILWARS - free, still the best graphics, best pvp, best entertainment 2 years later) but moved on to

DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS online which has the best fantasy mmorpg combat system although I am very anti class systems - luckily like GUILDWARS you can multi class so not as one dimensional as say, EQ2 (aweful game) or WOW (utter....)

CITY OF VILLAINS made a pleasant change for a couple of months but suffers from terrible grinding - the bane of all mmorpg.

ARCHLORDS is a joke and lasted hours not days. The same for any of its ilk. Asian games morphed to Western market is the kiss of death for me but go ahead if you like them. I have friends who still play Neverwinter Nights so who am I to judge you.

LOTRonline is the best offering this year and while it has many merits it also has all the pitfalls of WOW, EQ2 and other simplistic game structures.

Ones to look forward to (pray for more accureatly)

A - Any games that abandon the class systems for skills

B - Any games that try to break the mould of the cliched fantasy genre - a Western style game is ripe for the market!

C - any games the let the avator morph either due to age, increase in skills, change in weather conditions, etc

D - where religions replaces guilds/kinships etc

E - where combat is not the sole method of progressing

F - perma-death for beginner characters so that achieving some attribute/skill/religious ranking then entitles the ability to ressurect/respawn/regen. Such a shame that the sense of loss is not addressed in mmorpg games that much though I hear Eve does it well.

• austingentleaustingentle Member Posts: 2

Wow......World of Warcraft. I have been playing for two years and dont wanna quit.

This discussion has been closed.