Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which game did you play the longest? (New Poll)

Comments

• KyarraKyarra Member UncommonPosts: 789
    DAoC for 4 years and SWG off and on for about the same.
  • GoddiQGoddiQ Member Posts: 99
    Guild Wars, 2 years. still playing...
  • RainStarRainStar Member Posts: 638
    I played UO for a couple years but I've been with SWG since launch.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Originally posted by RainStar

but I've been with SWG since launch.
    Lies...... every SWG vet from launch is now a bitter troll, no longer playing the game and posting on forums everywhere about how much they miss the "old" game. 

Glad to hear there are still some folks having fun.... going by the PR one usually hears you'd think no one enjoys the game anymore.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

The longest I played an MMO is almost a three way tie.

Asheron's Call back in its prime for a year, it was my first MMO.

DAoC back in its prime before ToA for about a year

Lineage 2 a little over a year. (just quit this past Nov)

Everything else is under 12 months. I did WoW the next longest for about 8 months at launch. Drifted between a lot of games but most of them just were not worth the time investments as they all just are reskins of the same game or just garbage.

I play a bunch of different genre games, Company of Heroes, BF2 (heavily  modded), SWAT4, Vampire, Obilivion (heavily modded) NWN2 (heavily modded and custom) SteelBeast, some other stuff when / if I get time. I tend to play something for a month or so, when I get the itch for something else I play that for a few....

• SherriSherri Member UncommonPosts: 18

Asherons Call since /99  had a few breaks for about a month or two to try other

games but have always come back.

Argue not with Dragons, for tho art crunchy and go well with brie

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630

UO --- 1 year

EQ --- 6 months

AC --- for around 2.5 years.

DAOC --- 6 months

EQ2 --- Account still active from release

Guild Wars --- 1 Week/LOTR --- 1 week/VG --- 3 months

AC wins hands down... Was good until the botters and addons arrived.

• tjet73tjet73 Member UncommonPosts: 19
    I played SWG from launch every day for the first 9 months before i took a day off. When i moved i was out for a few months. When i came back the NGE  had been out a month or so i tried to play for awhile but just could not. I have tried alot of other mmo's since then but did not play them for more than a few months. I really need a good game hope AoC will be it , can't wait until Oct. 30. .
  • astrosapienastrosapien Member Posts: 18

Runescape, suprisingly, before it became total CRAP!

Then i played high-graphic/low gameplay elements games, and i got MMORPG ADD...Currently on WoW

• RadiationStormRadiationStorm Member Posts: 120
    Originally posted by JADEDRAG0N

Originally posted by sposocke

Originally posted by Ambrosius

Jumpgate - 6 years and counting.
    Then again, I've worked for the same corporation for 23 years, so I guess I'm a bit of an anomaly.
    I gave the trial a go, didn't see too much to be honest but it's definitely a great game from what I've heard/read and would probably appeal to more people than EVE if they'd make a sequel.

Trust me They wont like it either i play eve and when i posted this game on there forums just as a see what you think well everyone pretty much laughed at it. Infinity however did impress us so we wait and see on that and who knows what will happen to eve when infinity comes out.

I think you misunderstood. EVE has some 150-200k accounts, not sure about active players, but I suggested that a polished, upgraded JG(2) would draw in more people than EVE. Not EVE players but the ones who like scifi-space but don't like EVE, mostly because you can't control your ship or can't close in with the top because of the time based skill system. JG is FP and thus would appeal to former WC, Tie Fighter/X-Wing, FL, Privateer and not least Elite players.

Infinity looks promising too, but keep in mind it's a game made by a single developer, NetDevil does have more resources at it's disposal. Personally I think Vendetta Online might also be worth checking out in the long run. And as for EVE, I somewhat believe they've reached their peak for now, without going planets they've drawn in all the customers they could. They can't change the combat system that would lead to an SWG like exodus and the devs don't seem particularly willing to easen up the time based skill system, mining, travel times, all of it keeps new players away.
  • AesthesisAesthesis Member Posts: 8
    World of Warcraft 2 years and half

Dark Age of Camelot 2 years

Final Fantasy XI 6 months ( still a good game to play)

Lineage 2  3 months
  • JADEDRAG0NJADEDRAG0N Member Posts: 733

Originally posted by JADEDRAG0N

Originally posted by Ambrosius

Jumpgate - 6 years and counting.
    Then again, I've worked for the same corporation for 23 years, so I guess I'm a bit of an anomaly.
    I gave the trial a go, didn't see too much to be honest but it's definitely a great game from what I've heard/read and would probably appeal to more people than EVE if they'd make a sequel.

Trust me They wont like it either i play eve and when i posted this game on there forums just as a see what you think well everyone pretty much laughed at it. Infinity however did impress us so we wait and see on that and who knows what will happen to eve when infinity comes out.

I think you misunderstood. EVE has some 150-200k accounts, not sure about active players, but I suggested that a polished, upgraded JG(2) would draw in more people than EVE. Not EVE players but the ones who like scifi-space but don't like EVE, mostly because you can't control your ship or can't close in with the top because of the time based skill system. JG is FP and thus would appeal to former WC, Tie Fighter/X-Wing, FL, Privateer and not least Elite players.

Infinity looks promising too, but keep in mind it's a game made by a single developer, NetDevil does have more resources at it's disposal. Personally I think Vendetta Online might also be worth checking out in the long run. And as for EVE, I somewhat believe they've reached their peak for now, without going planets they've drawn in all the customers they could. They can't change the combat system that would lead to an SWG like exodus and the devs don't seem particularly willing to easen up the time based skill system, mining, travel times, all of it keeps new players away.You seem not to understand that sillpoints dont matter in eve i wont wast my time by expalining it...again...also ill point out subsciber numbers atre still going up at the standard past as we now have 2010 subscribers at last official dev comment. Thats 10 k in 1 month.
  • LidaneLidane Member CommonPosts: 2,300

Wow. I really AM in the minority around here. The longest I've spent in any game world is in City of Heroes/Villains, which I've been playing since its closed beta.

Previously, the longest time I'd spent in a game was in EQ, where I played from launch to the Ykesha expansion, which was around three years. I've been in CoH/V longer than that. I guess time really does fly when you're having fun.

• XTinTioNXTinTioN Member Posts: 205
    Many games missing -.-

Cheers

Currently Playing: GTA4, Urban Terror, Aion,Dreamfall:TLJ,Fahrenheit

• Runny123Runny123 Member Posts: 177
    SWG: Pre-9 Vet (I think patch 6?)
  • ApocamentusApocamentus Member UncommonPosts: 142

Guildwars!

Or runescape, I'm not sure...

Playing: Xsyon.
    Played:
    image image image
    Tried: Ultima Online, Everquest 2, Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures, Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning, Flyff, Perfect World, Silkroad Online, EVE Online, Ryzom.

• MarerittMareritt Member Posts: 34
    DAoC: From Aug 2002 - Aug 2005, minus the military sending me to Dets, Iraq or just or seemingly to random BFE for stupid trainings (so minus 9 months, give or take a couple).  I found some really good friends and I LOVED to craft (still do), especially when no one else was on due to the roughly 13 hour time difference in Japan (where I first started playing) from my guildies.  I want to start back up when I get the free time again.

FFXI: In Dec '03 (shortly after the US launch) - off-and-on 'till 2006, it really sucked going to stores in Japan with my friends and seeing it on the shelves WAY before the US saw it, then realizing I couldn't read a lick of Japanese made it suck even more.  Though later I found out that I really didn't like the crafting system in FFXI at all, flashy, shiny and looks kewl, but its just relies too much on the other crafts at the low levels (I think way too soon), and getting some of the ingredients to craft with (again even at the low crafting levels) was just downright painful.

To XTinTioN: Dude, obviously there are way more mmos out there (mmosite has more of a list than here...I still like mmorpg.com better though), and the OP pretty much already said he didn't even post all of them...unless you think "other" is a MMO, post what game(s) you play(ed).

• ThedrizzleThedrizzle Member Posts: 322

UO 7 years.

DAOC 3 years

WoW 1.5 years

every other game 4 months or less and there sure was alot of them.

• jmoreejmoree Member Posts: 30
    FFXI from launch until about 4 months ago :( I've played WOW since launch as well but have not put near as many hours into it that I did FFXI.
  • EridanixEridanix Member Posts: 426

UO the longest time; i got into pre-cu SWG until NGE, after mastering a good handful of professions and make a lot of friends; i've tried many MMO's since then but they just dont keep my attention. I returned to UO and then to SWG and tried more MMO's.

I would have liked that someone informed me about how great EQ2 seems to be when some of my allies sticked to it after NGE. Or , AO would have been interesting as well.

Someone has said that is not the amount of time you go into a game but about the fun you get,  in this mood i've to mention two very good and over the average MMO's: EVE that is truly great, and DaoC, that is one of best if not the best fantasy MMO out there at the moment.

It is a question of fangs.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384
    Originally posted by Pappy13

Because isn't that what it's really all about?  We are talking about entertainment here and whichever keeps you entertained the longest is what you want in a game.
    Ok, I messed up on the first poll and didn't list all the games I wanted and I couldn't figure out a way to delete that one and start over or to edit the poll, so here is another chance to vote.
    missing a ton of popular MMOs there, bud

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• Pappy13Pappy13 Member Posts: 2,138
    Originally posted by Enigma

Originally posted by Pappy13

Because isn't that what it's really all about?  We are talking about entertainment here and whichever keeps you entertained the longest is what you want in a game.
    Ok, I messed up on the first poll and didn't list all the games I wanted and I couldn't figure out a way to delete that one and start over or to edit the poll, so here is another chance to vote.
    missing a ton of popular MMOs there, bud

Judging by the fact that "other" only got 12% of the vote, I think I did ok.  Missed one or 2 that I probably shouldn't have, but the rest are obviously not all THAT popular.

• mmorpgnuttammorpgnutta Member Posts: 13
    played wow the longest .. (god i wished i never said that) months days hours and where has my life gone??? lol
  • MajorBiggsMajorBiggs Member UncommonPosts: 709

Neocron for ~4 years.

• RainStarRainStar Member Posts: 638
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Originally posted by RainStar

but I've been with SWG since launch.
    Lies...... every SWG vet from launch is now a bitter troll, no longer playing the game and posting on forums everywhere about how much they miss the "old" game. 

Glad to hear there are still some folks having fun.... going by the PR one usually hears you'd think no one enjoys the game anymore.

LOL yup, I am one of the Vets that still enjoys the game.