Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone wanna go to the beach?

KartelKartel Member Posts: 241

http://www.guildwars.com/gallery/gwscreenshots/gw043.html

New screenshot is out, featuring a new area. It seems a bit more "pleasant" than the wasteland most E3 consisted of.

::::08::

Comments

• UnKn0wNUnKn0wN Member Posts: 59
    I agree, one thing that i really loved about the demo was the fact i went from old dead and dark land, to the snow, and then to the jungle area. It definately makes for a break if you get tired of one area. Can't wait until beta though. image

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    War Doesn't Determine Who's Right, War Determines Who's Left.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

War Doesn't Determine Who's Right, War Determines Who's Left.

• Deadaye13Deadaye13 Member Posts: 106

Yes.  It does look a bit more pleasent now doesn't it?  It looks a lot more friendly than the kingdom that we were in during E3.  That screenshot and history leads to a bunch of questions.  Where is it located?  Who lives there?  Are there other races?  Other classes?  Different monsters?  With this kingdom, how is PvP going to be like with other kingdom(s)?

I hope they start beta soon so we know what the heck is happening in Guild Wars.image

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

All Your Base Are Belong To Us

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

All Your Base Are Belong To Us
    Achiever 86%
    Killer 80%
    Explorer 26%
    Socializer 6%

• KartelKartel Member Posts: 241

http://www.guildwars.com/
    Today's screenshot is the first look at the Kingdom of Kryta, an area of the Guild Wars world that is very different from the Ascalon we've seen in previous images, or which we experienced during the E3 for Everyone event.

So basically we know that the land is called Kryta and is "very different" from Ascalon. Aside from that, we just have to use our imaginations in regards to how different it is. I wouldn't really expect to see Char there. But reptiles, crustaceans. and insects seem likely. I wonder if Kryta is another kingom of humans or if that region has a different dominant a different race.

• KartelKartel Member Posts: 241

I stand corrected! There is a new exclusive screenshot at http://gwvault.ign.com/ featuring a battle on the beach of Kryta, featuring Humans and Char. Looks like there are Char there after all. (the human warrior also has previously unseen armor/helm)

• GaileGrayGaileGray ArenaNet Community Mngr.Member Posts: 72

Yes, those are Charr in Kryta in the recent screenshot. But Kartel you may end up being correct about the native fauna of Kryta after all. For after all, we're in Alpha, and a lot of times the monsters simply will not follow the rules and show up in places that are not their intended homes. We're thinking some sort of fencing, zookeeper patrols with stun guns... :)

Seriously, though, at this time you do see monsters who are not in their home region. This could be a temporary (placeholder) measure for testing reasons. You see, if we want to consider a certain number and type (melee, ranged, combination) of monster in a newly-designed area, placing an existing monster group that fits the parameters is a simple way to check out how it works. So the designers can pop in a group of existing creatures and test placement, monster level, numbers, etc., prior to the finalization of the native species. 

So the Charr may not be present in Kryta at all. Or maybe they visited the kingdom years ago and there are still a few rogue bands on a hidden shore.  Only time will tell!

Gaile Gray
    Community Relations Manager
    ArenaNet
    www.guildwars.com & www.arena.net

Gaile Gray
    Community Relations Manager
    ArenaNet
    www.guildwars.com & www.arena.net