Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BLAH BLAH BLAH Im thinking of buying this game

gargantroogargantroo Member Posts: 1,477

Im thinking of buying this game. I have heard things about it, and what people claim to make Shadowbane a bad game sounds like it would make a good game to me. I heard that the whole world is PVP,  no safehavens other than the newb isle. Sounds great.

Is it worth the buy? Is it an original MMORG? Being a UO veteran, I can easily say I am spoiled by the greatest MMORPG of all time, but if Shadowbane can meet my ultra-high standards, I think I can buy it. How is it?

Ultima Online- Apoc
Final Fantasy XI Online- Nabara
World of Warcraft- (Coming soon :P)

i play on australian servers because racism is acceptable there

Comments

• CervethCerveth Member Posts: 97

For $5.00(us) plus another $5.00 (us) for the expansion, you can't go wrong. Even if you only play for 30 days, you're only out 10 bucks.. .give it a try

• HirzikHirzik Member Posts: 57

They offer a 15 (?) day free trial for those who are sceptical of if they'll like it image

It's available at http://www.chronicle.ubi.com.

::::20::

• Stravus-EBStravus-EB Member Posts: 79
    I came from UO and have moved to SB permanently. There are a few towns that are safeholds but people do not hide in them alot. Other than the freeholds there are no other safeholds in SB. It is open pvp.

• knives22knives22 Member Posts: 375
    any game cards for this game?

and since that day...I have always loved her.....

• ColdmeatColdmeat Member UncommonPosts: 3,407

Credit Card only.

--------
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo

• zensaberzensaber Member UncommonPosts: 787

im going to try the 15 day free trial and if i like ill buy the game and expansion to play for another 31 days heheh

If you are totally new to the game, I'd suggest playing on the test server. It has 10x xp and gold, so if you gimp your template, it's no problem to toss it, and start over. I got to 45 in one day, would have gotten most of the way to 75, but I spent the majority of that time helping pl some other people, so my xp rate turned to crap after 40.

The only problem with playing on the test server is if you plan on playing on the live servers, it'll drag unless you have someone lined up to help pl you, or a group available all the time.

-------
    They panic, so just hold them down
    I could live like this
    I'm closing in; hate all around
    I could be like this
    Hearing them, them in my head
    How could they be so sweet... sweet?

whats the pop on the test server?im going for the server with the most pop to play on

Off the top of my head, around 100ish lately at peak time. If I remember, Vengance is the server with the highest population, though I don't have an exact number.

-------
    They panic, so just hold them down
    I could live like this
    I'm closing in; hate all around
    I could be like this
    Hearing them, them in my head
    How could they be so sweet... sweet?

kool

• HirzikHirzik Member Posts: 57
    The population drops to a minimal of 97 around 5am then hits it's max around 6pm with a total of 800-ish on weekdays, 1200-ish on weekends.  At least that's what it was last I checked.

::::20::

• tonofsteeletonofsteele Member Posts: 8
    Mourning has a steady 400+ most of the day and upwards of 800-1000 on a weeknight.

• DrunknMasterDrunknMaster Member Posts: 19

Logged in test a few times past week to see 550-600 on i was shocked

• conanownsconanowns Member Posts: 114
    Shadowbane sucks.

• noobletnooblet Member Posts: 2,274

Originally posted by conanowns
    Shadowbane sucks.

Omfg , atleast back it up..sheesh..and its the only damn game out right now to offer GOOD PVP

• tu_uilwentu_uilwen Member Posts: 794

I jsut got back into this game and I only got ot play for an hour...but man that hour of game time was so fun....till some guy pked my whole group lol.....

but yeah man SB is ALOT of fun.....you should give it a try....the game is cheapp.....expansion is anywhere from like 5-10 bucks........

and plus go to http://www.shadowbane.com and you can see there is gonna be another expaniosn coming out hopefully soon.image

Uilwen
    -------
    Waiting for
    -------------
    Everquest 2
    World of warcraft
    Half-life 2
    Guild wars

Everquest--Uilwen 45 ranger

---------------------------------------------
    WoW
    -Rhalon 85 B.E. rogue
    -Rhalon 81 UD Mage
    -Doneski 85 Orc death knight

"Everyones life has a beginning and an end, No one can change that."-Hiko
    "If you wish to taste the ground, then feel free to attack."-Kenshin Himura
    ---------------------------------------------

• jadedcynikaljadedcynikal Member Posts: 2

just found this board! SB sounds interestng. maybe when i get paid Friday I can check it out ::::31::

• noobletnooblet Member Posts: 2,274

Originally posted by jadedcynikal

just found this board! SB sounds interestng. maybe when i get paid Friday I can check it out ::::31::

U can download for free and play the 15 day trial u got nothing too loose , but go easy on the game it takes a bit of getting use to , but after a week of playing it im sure you'll like itimage

• rabbitblastrabbitblast Member Posts: 9

I played in the beta and wasn't too impressed, but since there's very few games with any kind of PvP out there, I may be giving Shadowbane a try.

I'll just have to hide my shame when people say "Shadowbane? Bahahaha!"

RabbitBlaster
    "bunny! die!"

RabbitBlaster
    "bunny! die!"

• ZerocydeZerocyde Member UncommonPosts: 412

Quote:

If you are totally new to the game, I'd suggest playing on the test server.

===========================================================

NO!!!! Dont EVER play on the test server!!! Its SOOO evil. The test server TOTTALY ruins the game. The good parts about the game, like the politics, and pvp, are NON-EXISTANT in test. And by the time you realize this, and want to go back to real servers, you cant. Your so used to the fast as hell gold and xp, that you cant force your self to go back to real server xp and gold. So you sit in test, with your 5 level 75 toons, running or getting ready to fight whenever you see ANYONE on track, and you long for the days of real server. Sitting around with your guildmates, xping out in the wild, someones on track! Is it one of our enemies? No. Okay then, back to xpin. OMG! (insert rival guildname here) is on track! 2 full groups! You youngens, recall NOW! Ok, lets get ready to fight. /nation Enemy incoming! 2 full groups! get everyone in! lock the doors! /nation i want a scout nw of the city now!.......

and so on and so forth. God i miss that. Ya know, i think im gonna get shadowbane again. Its taken me about 6 months of tring new games to realize this, but shadowbane freakin owns. I just have to make sure i NEVER go back to the damn test server again. I would probably still be playin shadowbane if i hadent in the first place.

"It is in your nature to do one thing correctly; Before me, you rightfully tremble. But, fear is not what you owe me. You owe me awe." ~Francis Dolarhyde