Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

atitd is dying....

Im afraid the game is going to die soon... :(

Comments

• kynotkynot Member Posts: 16
    Why do you think that will happen?
  • TheScotTheScot Member Posts: 8
    Yes was there a communication that it is closing? It actually looks kind of interesting to me.
  • jbondjbond Member Posts: 7
    I dont think so, this is very good casual game. Just played again yesterday.
  • XicusXicus Member Posts: 55

It already is dead!

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167
    Originally posted by Xicus

It already is dead!

well not quite, but i think it near to.

?

• MiexonMiexon Vendetta Online CorrespondentMember Posts: 181

awww not another one!

Member of the Phoenix Alliance Guild
    in Vendetta Online
    www.vendetta-online.com

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006

It will be sad to see this one go

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• mike480mike480 Member Posts: 75

It does seem like it's slowly shifting away...It's a shame too..

• Snakester95Snakester95 Member UncommonPosts: 47

If they lowered the prices it would raise the chances of people to play.

I actually thought of playing myself. I played it a while ago. Pretty fun game.

Where there's a game, there's a player, I'm that player.

• grimbojgrimboj Member Posts: 2,102

The owner of the game has been AFK for 12 months. I'm quite fond of ATITD but this guy is not just the owner but also the ONLY developer for the game so no new content in 12 months. Read the atitd forums for more info on how people are sat around stockpilling basic materials :P

--
    Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL

If a new company takes over I guarantee you this game would sky rocket. More updates would come in for sure. If updates come into the game like more things to do, somewhat better graphics, and lower the price to play or even make it free that'd get a good population in.

• teyliniteylini Member Posts: 7

How does this game work, does it reset every few months and everyone starts over? I'd like to give it a try, but not sure I want to build a lot of stuff, only to have it wiped...

Originally posted by teylini

How does this game work, does it reset every few months and everyone starts over? I'd like to give it a try, but not sure I want to build a lot of stuff, only to have it wiped...

I personally haven't played for a while, so I wouldn't be a great source, but I personally would think they wouldn't wipe it. If anything probably like once a year, since it can get really crowded. Like you've gotta walk really far if you want to expect nobody. But that's a good thing about the game, it's like huge, and it's a great environment.

• arccosarccos Member Posts: 1

For those of you who haven't played, the game is far from dead. I'm not sure why people are saying it is. ATITD doesn't have episodic upgrades or expansion packs like other MMOs, so maybe people don't see it as progressing, even when it is. Give it a try sometime, you may like it!

• DeneDene Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by arccos

For those of you who haven't played, the game is far from dead. I'm not sure why people are saying it is. ATITD doesn't have episodic upgrades or expansion packs like other MMOs, so maybe people don't see it as progressing, even when it is. Give it a try sometime, you may like it!

I used to play and the game is unique and deserves a place among the MMOs. I saw the post about the "leader" being gone for 12 months and I hope this isn't true because one of the nice things he did was actually come into the game and chat online.

The game has a small but pretty dedicated player base. Last I saw it was about 1000, which is about the same when I played. The game was really at its most successful by word of mouth reviews and if it does indeed eventually die it will be because its players stop recommending it.

• ObenOben Member Posts: 40

This game is has a cool idea, bad graphics but for people who play this game, that hardly matters, but the problem with this game is the cost.  Theres no reason why this game should cost 15 dollars a month, maybe 10 dollars but adding that 5 dollars is making the impression that this game is in the mainstream, which it is not.  On top of that, there are no new updates for long periods of time, no new things to keep the player attached to the game, only old stuff that is rebuilt into the yearly wipe.  It's incredibly over played and deserves less repetitive things.

• DentataDentata Member Posts: 33

It will wipe when the next version comes out in a couple of months.  Folks are working on that new version right now.  I think starting from scratch will be a ton of fun.  The game has a great community, I've made thousands of trades with no security and never had a problem.  I have an in-game wife that has access to all my stuff and can even log on as me (one of the great features of the game, but optional).

• crpngdthcrpngdth Member Posts: 54

worth coming back to or not?