Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ah, the taste of Battle

EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Well, I was involved in my first major PvP battle since I rejoined the game.  I have to say it was a much more pleasant experience than back in January...meaning I didnt die in 3 seconds lol

Matter of fact, I actually survived.  The Battle started on Lok then went to Taoinne (Bestine) then to Coreilla (Coronet) then to Naboo (Theed) and back to Lok

We must have had over 60 people participating.  And for realism, I even wore Strom Trooper Armor (sliced lol) instead of my better armor.  Out of 60 people we had 0 ...yes....0 pets and 0 droids fighting alongside us and the Rebels.

I was very happy to see that a Pokemon Battle hadn't broke out.

Wished I took pics but wasn't thinking about it at the time.

oh yeah......and the Imperials won this battle image

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

Comments

• Sounds NICE!

BTW, any ..... screenshots? image I would be nice seeing and showcasing for everyone all that action and adventure! image

=========================
    ======= SIGNATURE =========
    =========================
    MMORPG games I've played:
    -------------------------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor

Star Wars Galaxies:
    -------------------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/capt_xplororor

More games:
    -----------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor_archives01

• HrnacHrnac Member Posts: 44

I wondered what all that noise in Bestine was last night.

-Hrnac

• panachepanache Member UncommonPosts: 397

Bet the melee guys won /wink

Paza MBH Eclipse (Gimped)

Paz novice tka Tempest (can go afk for a piddle and solo 6 vor's)

SWG pve play=swordsman

pvp play= fencer/rifleman

Forget the rest...they can't do now't :) 

Pan

Originally posted by panache

SWG pve play=swordsman

I guess I better cancel my subscription because my char will no longer be able to do anything now that Panache has been so gracious to enlighten us all. Boy, what a relief this is. Shame on me for actually having fun playing the game.

-Hrnac

Originally posted by Hrnac

SWG pve play=swordsman

I guess I better cancel my subscription because my char will no longer be able to do anything now that Panache has been so gracious to enlighten us all. Boy, what a relief this is. Shame on me for actually having fun playing the game.

-Hrnac

Don't take my word for it...read the swg forums :)

Seriously tho' hrnac, Ranged combat is seriously poor. Ask advice on what character you should play for either pve or pvp and you will get a universal swordsman for pve and fencer for pve.

Today bumped into two fencers and started a conversation with them. As i had been dabbling with fencer (as the animations were cool) they informed me fencer was okay but still below par with swordsman for pve, but excellent for pvp. This is a general concensus of opinion on the swg forums...not just my whinging, even tho i have every good reason to after myself and two mates were outdamaged by a single swordsman telling us he would make sure we would get no loot...and he did!

Pan

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

SWG pve play=swordsman

On the contrary the melee class wasn't the strong suit at all.  Matter of fact we took out at leats 8 Teras Kasi Master.  The fighting force behind the battle was Commandos, Squad Leaders, Doctors, and Master Bounty Hunters. 

I never in all my days play SWG never seen a Master Bounty Hunter put the smack down on those Rebs.  I'm a commando, and I had a pleasure of taking out a Fencer/combat medic

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• LuRaviLuRavi Member UncommonPosts: 239

lol at the idea that a Squad Leader was actually a leader and deciding factor in winnning any battle.

lol at the idea that a Commando was actually a leader and deciding factor in winning any battle.

*Shakes head sadly* that melee classes are so powerful.

Seriously tho' hrnac, Ranged combat is seriously poor. Ask advice on what character you should play for either pve or pvp and you will get a universal swordsman for pve and fencer for pve.
    Today bumped into two fencers and started a conversation with them. As i had been dabbling with fencer (as the animations were cool) they informed me fencer was okay but still below par with swordsman for pve, but excellent for pvp. This is a general concensus of opinion on the swg forums...not just my whinging, even tho i have every good reason to after myself and two mates were outdamaged by a single swordsman telling us he would make sure we would get no loot...and he did!

I appreciate the civility of your response Panache. In all honesty, I could care less what is the best at PvE or PvP. I simply play those professions that provide fun and that interest me. Isn't that the purpose of playing these types of games? For the record, my char is working on becoming a Ranger. I am sure there are many issues with the Ranger class, but I simply do not care about them. As long as SWG provides me with a fun gaming experience I will continue to plod along.

-Hrnac

I appreciate the civility of your response Panache. In all honesty, I could care less what is the best at PvE or PvP. I simply play those professions that provide fun and that interest me. Isn't that the purpose of playing these types of games? For the record, my char is working on becoming a Ranger. I am sure there are many issues with the Ranger class, but I simply do not care about them. As long as SWG provides me with a fun gaming experience I will continue to plod along.

-Hrnac

Thanks hrnac :) I too was once happy to plod along. At the beginning SWG didn't have loot, everyone had to buy items from crafters and it was a very fair system. Now SWG is incorporating new loot into the game and this is most easily accessible to the melee professions.  Swordsman selfishly park their character in dungeons such as the geo cave, go afk and farm it for all they are worth. Try that with a carbineer or pistoleer. Advice to bounty hunters on getting the new bounty hunter armour drops on the forums is to "take along a swordsman with you!

I never realised the power the melee professions had until i a novice tka alt. To stand in the middle of 4 huurtons hitting them and the lair and not worry about the stray voritor that also enters the battle is plain wrong to me.

Pan

Thanks hrnac :) I too was once happy to plod along. At the beginning SWG didn't have loot, everyone had to buy items from crafters and it was a very fair system. Now SWG is incorporating new loot into the game and this is most easily accessible to the melee professions.  Swordsman selfishly park their character in dungeons such as the geo cave, go afk and farm it for all they are worth. Try that with a carbineer or pistoleer. Advice to bounty hunters on getting the new bounty hunter armour drops on the forums is to "take along a swordsman with you!

I never realised the power the melee professions had until i a novice tka alt. To stand in the middle of 4 huurtons hitting them and the lair and not worry about the stray voritor that also enters the battle is plain wrong to me.

One thing that does trouble me about SWG is all the reference to AFK loot farming. I have serious concerns about anyone who would play any MMORPG that way. Unfortunately these types of games seem to bring out the worst behavior in some people.

Panache, I will give you this much. If your described combat imbalances exist to the degree that they do now after the combat revamp is implemented and tweaked, then I will completely agree with you about combat. Until then, I will just sit back and see what the devs have in store for the game.

-Hrnac

One thing that does trouble me about SWG is all the reference to AFK loot farming. I have serious concerns about anyone who would play any MMORPG that way. Unfortunately these types of games seem to bring out the worst behavior in some people.

-Hrnac

Unfortunately SWG makes it far too easy for the above behaviour to take place :(

Pan

Pan

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918
    it is good to hear that the combat isnt as craptacular as it used to be, one question though, are combat medics still insanely overpowered for PvP?

"Probably the saddest thing that you will ever see is a mosquito sucking on a mummy, forget it little friend."
    --Jack Handey

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.