Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Sonata-GREAT Game! A must have!

Anyways, SS is a MMOSRPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Space Roleplaying Game). You can upgrade your ships weapons, shields, engines, scoops, energy, radar, and more! You can even buy a whole new ship, there are literally 100's of ships to choose from, each with there own pro's and cons! You play in a 2D style, but dont let the graphics fool you, it is a really great, team-oriented game. There is a number of secondary skills to choose fron such as Remote Control, Drone Deployment, Spacestation Managment, and more! There is also "Class Skills" and you can only really be 1 or 2 (depends) of these per charactor and they include Multi-Firing, Sniper, Shield Monkey, Merchant Fleet Master, Speed Demon, Colonial Administrator and even more.

In SS you don't have to be on a team (which are player made, but AI's also have AI only teams which can be a hassle) but it is good to be on one, they give you support, help, and can guide you through the game and even give you items on good teams! The game is played in a GIANT Universe which has literally over 1000 different Galaxies, with each of of them different. There is really no other way to explain the game other than its great and a must-have for RPG and Sci-FI lovers, and don't let the graphics fool you, just play the game for a bit, and see if you like it (note: Un-like most games, this one gets better, and better as you progress through it, not more boring).

So, if your a MMORPG or Sci-Fi lover or just like to talk to a friendly (mostly, the game can have a cruel feeling to it at times) community, try this game out now!

http://www.starsonata.com/

Comments

• chillikingchilliking Member UncommonPosts: 240
    I tried the game..

and my personal opinion is;     It sucked!!...

(no offence)
  • ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Yeah,.........

Why would somebody pay for this, when they can pay to play EvE, which has the same gameplay and more (gee, wonder where Star Sonata got their ideas), looks  1000 times better, and has a whole lot more people playing it?

• coolpersoncoolperson Member Posts: 3

Looks arent everything... btw, you should atleast try out the game before having an opinion, otherwise, shut the hell up, no-one cares...

StarSonata may not have good graphics, but its a very fun game. I love how theres a somewhat small player base so everyone knows each other.

Also, i think flamming star sonata is work of the devil!

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by coolperson

Looks arent everything... btw, you should atleast try out the game before having an opinion, otherwise, shut the hell up, no-one cares...
    I'm sorry? Who the hell are you, again?

StarSonata may not have good graphics, but its a very fun game. I love how theres a somewhat small player base so everyone knows each other.
    Normally, I'd agree. graphics do not make a game. However, when you can get a better variation of the game, with better graphics, and the money behind it to keep the content coming, why pay for less? Unless, of course, you're rig is outdated and you can't run a game with higher graphic detail. Then I can understand it.
    And 1 post fanbois are the spawn of Satan.
  • JeffLJeffL Member Posts: 29
    As a developer of Star Sonata, I want to go on record and say that the gameplay of Star Sonata is very different from the gameplay of Eve.  The focus on Star Sonata is much more on building bases, founding colonies, setting up automated trade routes and building and acquiring rare items.  Personally, I much prefer the top down view over a first person 3d view because it simplifies the gameplay in a good way while there is still enormous depth coming from your various economic activities and all of the different items and interactions in the game.  Basically, it is fairly simple to pick up and extremely rewarding once you do.  Our *average* subscription time is now over 19 months per paying player and continually rising, so that should tell you something, I think.
  • MisemMisem Member Posts: 1
    You say that Star Sonata is copyed of EVE?

Unlike EVE In Star Sonata you can move youre complete ship with the keyboard.

Its not some kind of click and watch game as EVE is.

I know this for a fact becouse i have been playing EVE and Star Sonata.

Sure the graphics of EVE are better and 3d.

But EVE cannot offer the feel of 2d arcade like gaming.

Jeff_L ftw!

its gij jeff :D

Originally posted by Zorvan

Originally posted by coolperson

I'm sorry? Who the hell are you, again?

Normally, I'd agree. graphics do not make a game. However, when you can get a better variation of the game, with better graphics, and the money behind it to keep the content coming, why pay for less? Unless, of course, you're rig is outdated and you can't run a game with higher graphic detail. Then I can understand it.
    And 1 post fanbois are the spawn of Satan.

I play the game Zorvan... its a great game. i think you should stfu and try it before saying it sucks.

btw, who the hell says fanbois?

• brutotalbrutotal Member Posts: 276
    Originally posted by Misem

You say that Star Sonata is copyed of EVE?

Unlike EVE In Star Sonata you can move youre complete ship with the keyboard.

Its not some kind of click and watch game as EVE is.

I know this for a fact becouse i have been playing EVE and Star Sonata.

Sure the graphics of EVE are better and 3d.

But EVE cannot offer the feel of 2d arcade like gaming.
    Star Sonata does not have the time base EVE has where how long you've owned an account determines your skills, but it does have a soft level cap so good luck being exactly the same as the oldest players. Star Sonata has a more interactive playstyle, includes automated trade routes of bots you created so your collecting cash money for your industrial empire while you shoot at rats.

Sonata is smaller and has more action/control, but less realism.
  • KlestikoKlestiko Member Posts: 2
                   Ok, i agree, the game is a little lame at first (as in preload, the tutorial galaxies). But if any of you even made it to the nexus and done at least some of the missions (expecially the cadet ones, they are uber fun) you will realize how great the game actually is. The higher level you get, the better the game gets, not the other way around. And, also, Eve costs a good $40 a month, SS is $10 and it is nothing like Eve at all. I played Eve and in my oppinion it has the same gameplay as Star Wars: KOTOR II. So, at least try the game for a good hour, hour and a half and I think you will like it.