Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ways of making Gil

waterbbq2waterbbq2 Member Posts: 57
Okay my way is when starting a new job/character all you have to do is have a signet cast on you all the time. with the rate of fire crystals current price is(what 2k?) you should have 10k in 3 days tops. Also another way is crafting. Goldsmith is a very expensive way in the start but it pays off. i hear woodworking is a Gil making machine. I'd like to hear from others about there money making ideas.

White Mage:30 Server:Slyph
Black Mage:15 LinkShell:PlayersClub
Theif:2

Comments

• PsycosisPsycosis Member Posts: 362

well the way i make money is kinda like yours.. but a hell of alot better if it takes you 3 days to make 10 k.

I start a new sub, with signet cast on me (as I always have because I am a proud Sandorian) I then attack everything i see before me, colleding hides, and crystals etc etc. I think sell stacks of hides for 1k, earth crystals for 400, fire for about 1800, wind for about 1700... anyway within a couple hrs you shoulda got something like 15k and near lvl 10ish, and any deaths you had shoulda been your moment to go and sell or put eveything in mog house so you can carry more.

Once you save up say 40k (i know its alot but items are well overpriced) buy yourself the field tunic gloves and boots and stuff thats all got MINING bonuses....

Then get 12 pickaxes and a bunch of fire crystals with ur mining equip and go mining... (the fire crystals are not neccasary its just you can synth ore and stack it... I don't bother cos i don't mind the run back to bastok mines AH.. there practically next to each other) and then sell them in the AH and make loads of money. - I am not up to the level some people are but they make at least 40k an hr from this process, I can't quite afford the tunic yet, but have gloves and boots... i will probably have enough cash when i log back on to buy it from sales over night.

I have a problem with gill.. i keep spending it.. I keep buying loads of differant weapons to just try em out... and then when i try and selll em there is a market crash or something and i can't make half the money back lol.

--------------------------------------------
    Was that a thought I just had, or and echo of a thought I was thinking of having?

Was that a thought I just had, or and echo of a thought I was thinking of having?
    http://www.soundclick.com/wizard-sleeve
    I produce music, DnB, Trance, Metal Fusion, RaP and whatever i feel like. You might like it
    http://www.nexusradio.co.uk - Online radio promoting unsigned artists

• TallonXTallonX Member Posts: 364

Psycosis, what server are you on ?

Anyway, i think growing plants is a nice way to make money. Buy a copper pot, and some seeds, on earthday plant the seeds, on fire day feed them water crystals, and harvest on fool moon. then sell :) its a nice lazy way to make money.

~I am going to rule the world someday, I promiseness :D~

~I am going to rule the world someday, I promiseness :D~

• Spike-stampeSpike-stampe Member Posts: 46

fishing is easy is fun

you just need a rod and stufft to put on it but gt the fishing gear it help alot

but when i really need gil like right now bad

i jusy buy then 54 buck buy 150k not bad

but fishing is best in windust and i'm from sandy so it a long way

best cralf to do in sandy is lealer working and you can make your own armro too save some must need gil  image image

ffxi:pandemonium;
    ~lvl 42 drg~lvl 4 whm~lvl 6 monk~lvl 2 bst~lvl 30 war~

ffxi:pandemonium;
    ~lvl 56 drg~lvl 4 whm~lvl 6 monk~lvl 2 bst~lvl 30 war~lvl3 rng~lvl 19 thf~

• ChronicRickChronicRick Member Posts: 569
    I rip off noob players with nice looking but shitty weapons; i.e. A big Axe with alot of power and a low level..but the delay is so brutal its useless.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

• SputniikSputniik Member Posts: 31

Back when I played FFXI I used to farm Warp scrolls with my alt slot in Bastok and sell them in San D'Oria where my main char was. You can get a warp scroll from the mean Machine quest in Bastok mines. I'm too lazy to type out the exact details but you need to do 8 other quests  before doing the mean machine quest, one of which is the traveler's hat quest. I used to have my 9-quest routine planned out to the very last step so that I wouldn't waste any time doing them.

Well anyway, each round took exactly 40 minutes once I got the routine down and it brought in atleast 10k per round (scroll + traveler's hat)

10k every 40 minutes.. not bad at all.  Just becareful not to flood the auction house with the scrolls.

Originally posted by TallonX
    Psycosis, what server are you on ?

Anyway, i think growing plants is a nice way to make money. Buy a copper pot, and some seeds, on earthday plant the seeds, on fire day feed them water crystals, and harvest on fool moon. then sell :) its a nice lazy way to make money.~I am going to rule the world someday, I promiseness :D~

Ah yeah i garden too.. I quite like it actually... i am currantly trying to work out all the differant combinations, but i have a broken leg atm, and some one else tidyed my room for me.. and I lost all the info i had been writing up.

I am on Ceberous Talon X, why? And what about you?

I produce music, DnB, Trance, Metal Fusion, RaP and whatever i feel like. You might like it

• RazageRazage Member Posts: 53

I had about 400 gil and throught the process of a day (I would say half day actually because I screwed up a bunch of times when I first started mining.) I am at about 7k right now. Hopefully tonight I can break 12k. Then I'll be halfway to my tunic and mining gear!

So yeah, I like mining and it's a good way to make money. All the trades seem to have their plusses though.

The trouble with the game is you need so much gill before you can start making gill easily...

• RazageRazage Member Posts: 53

Well, if you sell all the little loot things that drop off those mobs at the early levels you can get about 500 gill. Then with that buy two pickaxes and you should beable to get started off that.

• ArukardArukard Member Posts: 3

Thats one of the hardest things about the game in general, leveling up is easy when your in a party, I level up 3 times a day at least, but to make decent cash flow you need high crafting and trade skills, which can take hundreds of throsands of gil to develop.

There of course, Are ways to get around this.

First off, always use signet. Even if the crystals you get are worthless, save em up because eventually, you just might need them. There was a time where wind crystals were going for rediculos ammount of gil in the ah (even stacked), so I dropped them. Well not even a week later they were 2k a stack, and I needed them to get through levels of smithing. Ouch. Coulda dodged that bullet but I was a noob.

Secondly, ONLY drop items with no trade value, or that have a small price and can't stack (IF your farming, if not it's good to save items that are rare even without any value, might need em later on). The difference between stack and no stack is, even if a item like bat wings which has a small price tag, 12 of them can sell for 2,200 and 2,400, which adds up to allot considering how many of them you can get at low levels. 

Lastly, GET FAME! Most of the crafters who make extriemley large ammounts of money (150k an hour in one instance) use high fame levels to craft items and sell them at high prices to vendors (Can also buy items at lower prices) . From what Ive heard cooking is a VERY good area to level if you plan on doing this. The before mentioned bat wings is a repeatable quest in North Sandoria, where im from, and turning those in is easy fame sence the kings tomb is stocked with bats constantly. You might wanna look for a guide for more info on fame, sence ive just started working on it myself.

Hope this helps some of yas. image

• GindaceGindace Member Posts: 161

Well a little thing I like to do is - create a new character and run through all the beginning cgis and what not. When you get your onion weapon (I usually make a warrior) sell it for about 300. Take the money and send it to your main.

Also, adventurer coupons nab you 50 gil right away, so that's 350 gil you can get. Get about 4 content ids, and just do that for a few hours. Log back on, send to your main, rinse and repeat.

It takes forever, but hey man...gil don't come easy.

"No time left, but enough for enough time"

• OnizukaOnizuka Member UncommonPosts: 13

Best if you have your Thief job lvled up so then you can get a better chance of rare items dropping.

If your in windrust kill crawlers like no tomorrow, a stack of silks sells for very high, you could also kill Yagudos, feathers drop often so get a stack of those and the beads sell for a nice price too.

If your in Bastok kill Quadavs, they drop a backplate sometimes and they give a good amount of gil (more if you have your Thief job lvled), Stone eaters drop zinc ore which you can sell at AH or gather 4 ( I think?) and give it to an NPC for fame, they also drop copper ore if your into forging.

I dont really know much about Sandoria, havent made a character there yet

To face defeat is to face death.

All warfare is based on deception - Sun Tzu