Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game looks like a classic MMORPG

gargantroogargantroo Member Posts: 1,477

Havent played it yet, I want everyone's detailed opinions (haters or not haters). This game looks like it's a classic and by classic I mean original (Ultima Online, Everquest, City of Heroes, World of Warcraft). I dont like downloading games, and I dont have enough money to buy it and pay the monthly fee unless I quit a game. Is it really as good as peope say it is?

Ultima Online- Apoc
Final Fantasy XI Online- Nabara
World of Warcraft- (Coming soon :P)

i play on australian servers because racism is acceptable there

Comments

• MonthigosMonthigos Staff WriterMember Posts: 61

You can download a 7 day free trial from FilePlanet and try it for yourself.  If you go to www.darkageofcamelot.com you'll see a largish banner for it.

I got burned out on DAoC 6 months after launch and consequently did not come back until now.  Back in the day I used to spend all day in dungeons without achieving a level.  I've never liked camping, even group camping.  The game has undergone a fair amount of changes according to my old guildmates so I'm giving it another shot.  If you're gonna play on Pellinor keep an eye out for a Highlander named 'Monthi' (which might get deleted once I get the Platinum Edition, coming out next week).

One more thought: I find your definition of 'classic' a little bit strange, as you've grouped in CoH, which is new, and WoW which isn't released yet.  To me 'classic' means something that has been around for a while and will long be remembered and referred to as a 'great game'.  While CoH and WoW have the potential to be classic, they just simply haven't been out long enough to warrant the title.  Some people like to throw around the phrase 'instant classic' but that almost seems like an oxymoron of sorts.  You would think of an older game the same way you would think of a game that just barely graced the game store shelf.  Just my two cents.

- m o n t h i g o s -

My opinions do not necessarily reflect the opinions of MMORPG.com

• punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777
    ok i played this game for a very long time. but when i quit for like a year i just know came back. its going so very good. there is new stuff comeing out that made me want to game more. i say get it even if you have to save money for it. if you buy the game you get 30 free days. but if you dl it then you get 7-days.

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092
    Leveling is very boring in this game. It was bad enough with just the 50 levels to get to the real sport that makes DAoC shine, RvR. Now they have added more leveling in ToA for you to compete in RvR. I think it would be too boring to PvE for 50 levels then to get your MLs and artifacts to be able to compete in RvR. BTW, I was lvl 50 when ToA came out and I was unwilling to camp another damn mob, players yes mobs no. PvE is not this game's forte, it was RvR. Not sure why people still play a game that is now literally 2nd rate(maybe even lower) PvE game that was once king in RvR(pvp). It has forced you to play their boring PvE. Go for EQ.

• OracleP4OracleP4 Member Posts: 495

DAoC is an absolutely phenomenal game!  It's the deepest MMORPG out there in my opinion.  I don't play it anymore cause none of my friends play it and they're all playing CoH right now. But DAoC is still a better game overall in my opinion, I just mostly prefer to play with my friends.

However, when WOW comes out it will be the best MMORPG ever!

-------------------
    "Do I come to your workplace and tell you how to kill civilians? No, so don't tell me how to do my job" - Sam Fischer.

--OracleP4

-------------------
    "Do I come to your workplace and tell you how to kill civilians? No, so don't tell me how to do my job" - Sam Fischer.

--OracleP4

Like: DAoC, WOW, GW, DnL
    Dislike: SoR, EQ, EQ2, SWG, KO, AC2, CoH
    Don't Care About: Most Everything Else