Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IAH Granado Espada OB has started!

2»

Comments

• theblueherothebluehero Member UncommonPosts: 7

download here only takes about 2 hours

http://www.fileplanet.com/176798/170000/fileinfo/Granado-Espada---Pre-Open-Beta-Client

just register for a free fileplanet account.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Originally posted by Chainmail

Update

They just added 2 more servers to help out with the overcrowding. So now there are 2 player vs environment servers and 2 jerks killing gankers servers.
    fixed

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ertherth Member Posts: 15
    hey i played the game and for me its really worth the wait, the gameplay is really different from the online games that i played  at GE you control 3 characters with ease im really having a great time with it, you guys should try it....

i wrote some info about it at my site.....
  • WezeirWezeir Member Posts: 1

hi all.

i want to play this game but i haven t got a key..(i downloaded the game but waiting in hopeless:( )

so if someone who has got paid subscribtion on filrplanet and also who doesn t wanna play that game, can give me a key, i will be very pleasured.

Kind regards..

• complexiatorcomplexiator Member UncommonPosts: 121

Originally posted by Chainmail

Guild Wars is one of the best games of all time. (I don't see how they do it without a cash shop).

I agree with your view on game plans. Just not on the guild wars part. Yes they have excellent technology and support but I still feel ripped off. The games is designed in such a way that you have to buy the sequels. I very much enjoyed the beta weekends which made me buy factions. Factions was a disappointment. It just wasnt a finished game but they added a lot of junk to it to look good. So the expect me to buy factions where it will all be better? Etc. etc.

Oh, but on topic

Tomorrow there will be the first colony wars at GE. If you want to read about it look here

well i have played it its been three weeks now since i started playing the game and man did i enjoy every minute of the game, graphic great, background music is great, the gameplay is awesome, i love this game... i even made a build guide for it so i could help palyers out there that wants to try out the game just like others that helped me when i was a newbie....GE rules!!!!
  • DoomLordDoomLord Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Originally posted by mlauzon

Now only if I was able to download it, wish they would put it up for download on VGPRo.com as FileAxis is to slow, and I'd be lucky to get it sometime within the next 2 - 3 days using BitTorrent.

i gave up i even have a 20 MB connection
  • TsollessTsolless Member Posts: 448
    Originally posted by Wezeir

hi all.
    i want to play this game but i haven t got a key..(i downloaded the game but waiting in hopeless:( )
    so if someone who has got paid subscribtion on filrplanet and also who doesn t wanna play that game, can give me a key, i will be very pleasured.
    Kind regards..

You do realize that this is about Granado Espada and not The Sword of the New World correct? SotNW is in closed beta and GE is in open.
  • OrionStarOrionStar Member Posts: 378
    To bad this game not very fun.  I unistalled it after 5 minutes of playing it.  I just don't like Point and click games.  The Asian MMO developers have to realize that most American MMO gamers will not play or like to play Point and Click games.  I suggest that ALL Asia MMO developers at least make it an option to change the control key layouts and make WASD an option.  I know that most of you will reply saying that you like to have the other hand free for skills, masturbating, smoking and other things... Point and click is just horrible when your used to playing WASD for years and years.
  • GanjamosGanjamos Member Posts: 80
    played many games but this is one of the best. All those who deinstalled after 5mins because theyre not able to play introduction cant say nothing about gameplay !
  • BlueCadwalBlueCadwal Member Posts: 170
    Originally posted by OrionStar

To bad this game not very fun.  I unistalled it after 5 minutes of playing it.  I just don't like Point and click games.  The Asian MMO developers have to realize that most American MMO gamers will not play or like to play Point and Click games.  I suggest that ALL Asia MMO developers at least make it an option to change the control key layouts and make WASD an option.  I know that most of you will reply saying that you like to have the other hand free for skills, masturbating, smoking and other things... Point and click is just horrible when your used to playing WASD for years and years.

You know it's funny... I've been playing WASD for years and point and click is fine for me.  It was a little awkward at first, but I easily got use to it because it plays a lot like a cross between Diablo, Baulder's Gate, and any modern MMO that uses 1~0 for attacking (except readjusted here for 3 rows of my keyboard).  I just find the grindfest a bit dull after a while.

IMO, stick with the free Philippine version... you're not missing my in SotNW.

Let it be known that I hate WoW with a passion and will defend almost any MMORPG against it.
    Current: FFXI (PC/360)
    Want: FFXIV, Stargate Worlds, Star Trek Online
    Past: AC, AoC, AO, Atlantica Online, CoH/V, DAoC, Dungeon Runners, D&DO, EVE, Everquest I+II, FlyFF, GW (all), Lineage 2, LOTRO, Mabinogi, Maplestory, PSO (DC/Xbox/PC), PSU (PC/360), PlanetSide, RO, Shadowbane, SWG (Pre-NGE), SotNW, TR, UO, Warhammer Online, WoW, WWIIO

• DistasteDistaste Member UncommonPosts: 665
    while point and click drives me insane, Grenada Espada isn't half bad. It is a bit of a grindfest but because of the patrol feature it isn't really a chore. Turn on patrol in the right area and go watch T.V. while you level, or heck even sleep. As far as leveling time it isn't anymore than WoW 1-70 + faction grind I don't think. 1-90 in 2 weeks is what someone told me they did. The game has pretty good replay value because of all the characters/stances you can level. The dungeons look so much better than any dungeon I have seen in WoW. They look like, well, Dungeons instead of a hole in the ground. The graphics are average for today's games, equal to top end ps2 graphics if not better.

The big things is the 3 player party in a real time fight. It gets really hard to control them properly and time the skill use correctly while juggling stances and trying to keep your characters healed. This gets even harder once your in the harder mobs that spawn as you kill one so you never make any headway. They might want to increase XP per mob and lessen the spawn rate to make up for it but thats just me talking.

The UI suffers from a bit of clunkiness though but I got over it once I got used to it.

Overall for me it is just as good as if not better than WoW
  • Suo_Eno_1357Suo_Eno_1357 Member UncommonPosts: 168
    Was gonna put in my side '1st time messing around' POVs, but yours seems to cover a lot of what I'm about say heh So I'm just gonna pull a few in below of what's related.

Originally posted by Distaste

It is a bit of a grindfest but because of the patrol feature it isn't really a chore. Turn on patrol in the right area and go watch T.V.

The 'auto'-everything while it is nifty, it seems to be too dependent on the general sanity of other 'families'. I'm referring to the usual KSing suspects and kiddies. The ugly side of the patrol mode highlights the obvious spawn hogging and messy squads training issues.

The game has pretty good replay value because of all the characters/stances you can level.

I got to barely 12 yesterday (coz I just finished the dl by then, back from work..) , so I'm pretty much stuck and dazed at stances. But I do realize that you need to grind for enough gp to cover the whole family to even out the progression so to speak.

The dungeons look so much better than any dungeon I have seen in WoW. They look like, well, Dungeons instead of a hole in the ground. The graphics are average for today's games, equal to top end ps2 graphics if not better.

Not really sure on this part. I did Last Chaos before and the 1 that I went to yesterday seems eerily a tad too familiar. I'm not too big on graphics anyway.

The big things is the 3 player party in a real time fight. It gets really hard to control them properly and time the skill use correctly while juggling stances and trying to keep your characters healed. This gets even harder once your in the harder mobs that spawn as you kill one so you never make any headway.

Yeah it's quite a key tap dance. Which explains the lack of WASD moves. What bothers me if it's all centered to a mostly all out PvE scenarios (seems to be.. at least).

They might want to increase XP per mob and lessen the spawn rate to make up for it but thats just me talking.

I think from a 'loots for gp for skills' standpoint, yeah ALL rates are considerably 'grind-inducing'. Not necessarily a good thing with the glut of similarly influenced titles available.

The UI suffers from a bit of clunkiness though but I got over it once I got used to it.

I wished it could have that flexibility a'la Shadowbane. I can't get over the fact that almost 40% of my screen is jammed with ridiculously immobile windows.

OK I'm Asian and jaded enough with our side of the pond's offerings. But that don't mean that I can live with the lack of char customizations (not anymore for the past 4 years and it's not even funny..). Contrary to the general misconceptions,  there's a lot of us Asians who shares the similar disdain. Also I don't appreciate titles that seems to have this "leech for money for 24/7 x amount of years" religion in terms of game features, why do people think that 99% f2ps seems to be coming out of Asia? So we can jump and bail and repeat whenever we want and devs knows that. The bad thing is that...devs here seems to be content in putting up different 'skins' for the same shows up till now admittedly.

I'll give GE full credit for the eye candy department though. I run it in the lowest settings and it still manage to make them girls look SO good.

Will the majority of the player pop pay for this? I highly doubt it. The best they can do is prolly make it b2p. Considering that you can see stuff like EXP cards, terms of 'SP farming' (Silkroad Online crap all over again..) and the only way to be 'fashionably different' is via gears, it all spells 'item mall' from the back to front. When you got all that in the equation, it's a tough case to make it viable for p2p.

Haven't tried out the PvP part but then again the fact that things are initially still levels-based. I don't know if that 'colony wars' thing can set GE apart from the norm. Tactically, the geo restrictions for movements is very limiting, if anyone notice that even lower degreed terrains are impassable for some odd reason. Maybe it's just due to the current beta phase I don't know, but someone needs to look into it. Or maybe it's that XAI thing. And the scale of things are well...too tight for something that commands a 3p per player control play style. Which reduces the excitement factor for players who loves to ambush and even for those strategically elite types. There's not much space to deal with a good attack/defense plans. And for all the aesthetically pleasing deep cleavages and girlish looking men, they could've at least let it mimic Lineage II's "good for a swim" uses for water terrain. Maybe I missed that part so feel free to correct me. And of course no one can expect a Darkfall-like openness if anything at this rate.

If it's gonna be a mostly 90:10 PvE to PvP affair, GE needs to come up (or exceed) with a revamped skills templates to remove the flogged to death horse we call the class-based concept. Yeah I'm not kidding, only to complement the MCC feature for it to be compelling enough for the longer term before it'll drive anyone up the wall with that "F1+F9+F9+F2+X+mob x+back to SPACEBAR" routines. A proper naval combat and added 'jobs' features wouldn't hurt too.

GE's good....REALLY good... it can get better though.

You do realize that this is about Granado Espada and not The Sword of the New World correct? SotNW is in closed beta and GE is in open.
    FYI GE is in Pre-Open Beta not in Open Beta they will have a maintenance this June 14 1000hrs to June 15 1000hrs in preparation for their transition to Open Beta. personally i dont know what changes they will do but im sure it will be for a better game......
  • nakumanakuma Member UncommonPosts: 1,310
    Originally posted by Kyleran

I  bought the pre-order box from EB games (was only 5.00) and am wondering... why?

Did I get anything for it (obviously its not required to play in the beta)

i did the same thing. im taking it back to best buy letting them know how pissed i am. and i want at least store credit back.

3.4ghz Phenom II X4 965, 8GB PC12800 DDR3 GSKILL, EVGA 560GTX 2GB OC, 640GB HD SATA II, BFG 1000WATT PSU. MSI NF980-G65 TRI-SLI MOBO.

Originally posted by Amalaric

The game looks interesting just too bad that you have to download it from crappy servers so I wont bother with it. 
    yeah took me over 2 hours to download from bummy  Fileplanet.com lol

3.4ghz Phenom II X4 965, 8GB PC12800 DDR3 GSKILL, EVGA 560GTX 2GB OC, 640GB HD SATA II, BFG 1000WATT PSU. MSI NF980-G65 TRI-SLI MOBO.

Originally posted by xacebop

this 3 character thing is really mind boggling
    yweah i find it personally retarded feature.

Originally posted by OrionStar

its not the clicking to move i played lineage2 for a long time and never bothered me. the game just isn't engaging. i spent almost an hour doing mindless jaunts around town to get even started. certifiying my name, going domingo, then going lyndon, then this guy, and that. im like uh....when am i getting to the gameplay. what is with all this needless fluff. and the 3 character control wierded me out. do I really need 3 dang chraacters to enjoy the game? the game is down right confusing, and imnot impressed at all.

just my opinion.

the game is not crappy maybe you just dont have the common sense to understand what MCC means....
    Originally posted by erth

the game is not crappy maybe you just dont have the common sense to understand what MCC means....

very inventive, insult a person immediately huh. i can careless whether you feel i have common sense. this yet another korean grindfest. pretty grindfest, but a grindfest nonetheless.im a bit old fashioned,I dont like the idea of controlling 3 characters adds to much unneeded complications. would be an odd PVP battle to see everyone controlling 3 characters all at the same time, whether by themselves or via the A.I. i noticed as i was fighting lvl 7-8 mobs i was killing droves of them. the gameplay seemed a bit forced. to me it just doesnt have the charm that Lineage2 had.

Lineage2 was a grindfest as well and although now the economy is pooched, but at least I only had 1 character I had to deal with and had a certain level of charm,  the pvp was complex, clan politics were deep,and the pvp battles were individual people, though some where obviously dualboxing but they were huge and exciting and a central goal.

for me, GE seems sort of a clone of L2 than anything, the look, the gear( with a bit of a 17th-18th carribean-euro-classical fashion to it as well as the weapons) its prettier, but doesn't have the charm L2 had.

its my opinion nothing more, you want to insult if you wish,feel free, just shows me you lack the intelligence to respond in a adult and mature manner.

• johnmatthaisjohnmatthais Member CommonPosts: 2,663
    i haven't played this game yet and obviously don't plan to once it goes p2p but here's my take on it...it looks like a mix of L2 and Pirates of the Burning Sea (with a touch of emphasis on Spain)...not really my personal liking...yes the graphics are great...but as said a million times, graphics make not thine game...i've never really cared about having a boring grindfest or point and click movement (i still enjoy games such as L1 and Scions of Fate and such) so long as it included many different types of enemies and presented a challenge (which based on the setting, having traditional fantasy monsters would look waaaayy out of place)...the one thing that got me not wanting to play it, though was the damn having 3 characters...not that it really adds to the complication but it detracts from the fun and sense of being different...watching 3 clones (or semi-clones, w/e) walk around on the same path does not thrill me...also, the patrolling thing ticks me, too...this might as well be an MMORTS...they have 3 people taht can patrol...i realize that it's innovative but...not exactly fun...i also see PvP as being more RTS-like, too, seeing as you have 3 people to go to war with against another 3 people...not great...what happens when to the other two when one dies? just my take on this game...oh well
  • tylerwicktylerwick Member Posts: 446
    IAH Grenado Espada Will be free to play.   Sword of the new world is what your thinking of, which is Pay
  • saluksaluk Member Posts: 325

I wanted to like this game, they obviously put a ton of work into the graphics, and MCC is actually somewhat innovative. This is the only game I know of that lets you use 3 characters at once. It's somewhat irritating, because MCC was one of my big ideas if I ever make a game. Well, after actually trying this game out, either their implementation of MCC is just plain terrible, or it was a terrible idea to begin with. The interface as a whole is utterly confusing, and the graphics, while rendered with many polygons, feel lifeless. The game as a whole feels lifeless. I have nothing against grinding MMO's (have actually played a few that I liked), and besides, all MMo's are grinders when you really think about it. But this wasn't even grinding, it was just boring. The client took all day to download, and I wish I had spent my internet time downloading something else.

They need to work on the interface and content - it feels like all of their effort went into graphics and nothing else. I also think it would be better if MCC was something that you earned at a later level instead of thrusting it on new players. I'm seriously rethinking including MCC in any of my future game ideas because of this "game". But I still think it could work... It works in so many single player games after all.

• NeverasNeveras Member UncommonPosts: 303
    Originally posted by nakuma

Originally posted by Kyleran

I  bought the pre-order box from EB games (was only 5.00) and am wondering... why?

Did I get anything for it (obviously its not required to play in the beta)

i did the same thing. im taking it back to best buy letting them know how pissed i am. and i want at least store credit back.

I hope both stores don't take your complaints seriously. You've entirely missed the point of pre-ordering. It's not about getting a bonus or anything like that, a pre-ordering system exists so that you are essential guaranteed a copy of the game when it hits stores. (Sure it may not always work that way, but it's why the system was made). Any game, especially at EB can be pre-ordered. If a company gives out a bonus for it, awesome, but that's not why most people pre-order.
  • YukkioneYukkione Member Posts: 618
    Well I started in Granada Espada a few weeks ago on the english language asian server. Then yesterday  Yesterday started on  Sword Of The New World  Cesario server. The tranlastion on the asian server is actually much better. Of course SOTNW isnt released yet. Anyway, I really like this game.. one you get the hang of the controls it's very easy to issue orders to your family, fight and move about.  It gives the game a slight RTS feel. Yes there is grind as in all other mmo's but at least in this game yu can go into defensive mode and your toons will auto attack and heal each other.(my toons are killing mobs as I write this) I love that feature because it lets me get stuff done away from the computer. (it can get you killed though)  Also in the western game your toons get different selection for outfits. As far as customisation , there isnt much as far as the physical look of your toons, but the way you can customize their abilities is outstanding once you understand stances and equipment. Nice thing about this game, (having come from months of VG) is that it runs great.