Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

08 GOP convention

malak118malak118 Member Posts: 221
Hey yall im back from vacation. I just wanted to know if any of you have had a national convention in your home town before? I live in minneapolis and the GOP convention is coming to the capital next year. thousands of jackboots are going to arrive and well im none too happy about it. They are even building a detention facility for up to three thousand which is the "expected" arrest number. So my town is going to be flooded with spectators and protestors which sucks. I was wondering if i should get the hell out that weekend or stick it and cause some shit?

Comments

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586
    They are actually building these detention camp things?!?!?!??!?!?!

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• malak118malak118 Member Posts: 221
    Originally posted by Briansho

ttp://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2007/04/18/conventionarrests/

www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/53678.html

yep
  • amousamous Member Posts: 169
    I would stay, I live in south florida and we always get flooded with morons for one reason or another. No reason why you shouldnt be able to sleep in your on bed.  Besides protesters can be funny sometimes so break out the vid cam and start posting on youtube.

• baffbaff Member Posts: 9,457
    GOP?
    Originally posted by baff

GOP?
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GOP_%28disambiguation%29
  • EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Yes...dont worry it's just not the republican conventions lol.  They also have detention centers built up for the democratic national convention as well.

I thought I would throw that in there just in case people are thinking the Republicans are gonna throw people in jail for exercising their first amendment rights. lol

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

Originally posted by Enigma

Yes...dont worry it's just not the republican conventions lol.  They also have detention centers built up for the democratic national convention as well.

I thought I would throw that in there just in case people are thinking the Republicans are gonna throw people in jail for exercising their first amendment rights. lol

well when it comes to violating peoples rights its good to see both parties are equal in that respect.
    so let me get this straight. republicans are peaceful and respect property. leftist have no interest in peaceful demonstration or respect for property. Frankly I dont support either side but your ignorance is astounding.