Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The BIG Beta Thread

Ok considering the lack of forums for this game I thought I would start a thread here were people playing the Beta can discuss it.  If you're wondering how to get in the on the beta, Bluedragon has kindly posted info on how to do it here http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/125921.

Firstly the good impressions:

Character creation seemed nice, a lot of options (more than LOTRO for example)

The music is very good, lots of good music from the films used.

Introduction I liked, nice and quick.

Here are my questions/bad impressions:

How can you run the game in fullscreen mode? I see the options but they don't do anything, running in windowed mode makes things look bad.

Can you get rid of those horrific adverts?  Having those flashing around the game window is awful and basically makes the game hard to test, they are hard to ignore!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments

• bluedragon83bluedragon83 Member Posts: 23
    Yeah I agree with you on the banners. I heard a rumor that when the game is released they are going to make an option to pay. When you pay you get to play in full screen mode with no banners. Unfortunately I have not heard anything that is final on that and just rumors. I hope so. cuz then people can play for free but for a price of the eyes lol. I personally will be one of the paying people cuz that's just too annoying for me.Yeah I agree with you on the banners. I heard a rumor that when the game is released they are going to make an option to pay. When you pay you get to play in full screen mode with no banners. Unfortunately I have not heard anything that is final on that and just rumors. I hope so. cuz then people can play for free but for a price of the eyes lol. I personally will be one of the paying people cuz that's just too annoying for me. Another complaint I have so far is that the game is getting really laggy. I know they just had only their second "stress test" today so I'm sure they will fix that before the game launches. ;)
  • **?sephiroth**?sephiroth Member UncommonPosts: 201

Im shocked at the advertising, it's totally spoiling the game. 

I too will be paying to get rid of the advertising, if you can't then unfortunately I won't be playing.  It's a shame we cant do anything about them during beta, its putting me off testing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

• VexeliusVexelius Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by bluedragon83

Yeah I agree with you on the banners. I heard a rumor that when the game is released they are going to make an option to pay. When you pay you get to play in full screen mode with no banners. Unfortunately I have not heard anything that is final on that and just rumors. I hope so. cuz then people can play for free but for a price of the eyes lol. I personally will be one of the paying people cuz that's just too annoying for me. Another complaint I have so far is that the game is getting really laggy. I know they just had only their second "stress test" today so I'm sure they will fix that before the game launches. ;)

Well, it seems to be more than just a rumor, because there's an option at the left panel of the game labeled "Upgrade account"...So, that may only mean that there'll be the option to pay for some in-game privilegies. Surely, they'll include the removal of banners

I hope so... as I'm also bothered with those banners stealing game vision and a few kb's of RAM.

• SaxonRyanSaxonRyan Member Posts: 3
    Actually I was not to  offended by the  advertising tabs. I've played other games and mmos with those before.

But I was not to happy with the long download time of those phases. They like took all night to download.  Plz fix that disney. There are other mmropgs that download much faster than that on a T1 intenet cable.

I'm found of the window mode because if keeps me from getting in trouble with my peers about playing fullscreen games on my aunt and uncles computer.

On the other hand I hope disney will fix the crashing problems as I encountered a lot of crashes. It's easy to die as well.  But the fun part is the jail cell with the prison dog. Give's  a flash back to when Jack was in prison with the dog and the key in Curse of The Black Pearl.

Anyway the game is wonderful for a major disney franchise mmorpg like Pirates of the Caribbean., and i'm thankful disney has made it both free to play and p2p. That will give POTC fans who can't afford to pay or who are just casual gamers a chance to get in on the pirate joyride between school, homework and etc. While more rich folk can plop down their beloved green.
  • shadowbobmanshadowbobman Member Posts: 9
    Originally posted by **?sephiroth

Im shocked at the advertising, it's totally spoiling the game. 

I too will be paying to get rid of the advertising, if you can't then unfortunately I won't be playing.  It's a shame we cant do anything about them during beta, its putting me off testing.
    If it's putting you off testing maybe i could have i go on yours?.
  • DracisDracis Member Posts: 434
    I'm in the beta test and there is a non-pay option and a pay option. To be honest, the non-pay option doesn't offer all that much, more like a free trial than anything else. The majority of the quest content is only opened after you have a payed account.
  • POTC3POTC3 Member Posts: 15
    Are they not accepting anyone else into the beta? I just signed up for it today.
  • g-unit601g-unit601 Member Posts: 6
    is ur computer slow cuz when i downloaded phases it only took about 30min