Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DAoC graphics card

36james36james Member Posts: 3

i was just wondering what graphics card works best with DAoC(that's no higher than 150$Ca).It said 16Mb would work just fine but its no were near "fine".

James

James

Comments

• RaunuRaunu Member UncommonPosts: 480
    I wouldn't buy anything less than a Gforce FX 5200. Thats the card that I am using and it works very well. Its also an inexpensive card. I have had very few problems with it. However in large scale RvR battles I have had a little lag with it.

- - "What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?" - -

- - "What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?" - -

• 36james36james Member Posts: 3
    Do you mean the PNY GeForce FX 5200 128MB DDR AGP Graphics Card?

James

James

• DulainDulain Member UncommonPosts: 616

I have just recently upgraded my video card. Before however, I was using a Geforce 2 GTS 64mb with no problems.

You should be able to find the Geforce FX 5200 Ultra for around $100US or less.

Check pricewatch.com

• earle90earle90 Member UncommonPosts: 12
    I'd Get the pny 5600 ultra you can get it for about 150$ and it's much better then the 5200

earle90

earle90

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

If your getting a 5600 make SURE it has flipchip technology or whatever otherwise the GPU in the card is slower then a Geforce 4 Ti. I got burned this way, I actually took a downgrade when I decided to upgrade. I am considering not using nVidia cards anymore, but the alternative is ATI and up til recently every other version didnt work with half the games and honestly, I cant keep track with all their series, they change them weekly.

- Fadeus Hawkwood

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• CurunirCurunir Member UncommonPosts: 29

Im using a gf4 ti 4600 128mb ram... works great with daoc. Havnt had any problems with it.

GFX card is probebly the most important but it's not only the gfx card that will get you in trouble when playing games... system ram, processor speed and lots of other stuff will interact with the gfx card and slow everything down, how many programs you have running in the background, easly seen by pressing ctrl+alt+delete and lots of other parimeters.

Hope im not sounding scary but a gfx card upgrade often does the trick  =)

Death do come to us all!

Death will come to us all!!

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

stay with the geforce 4 ti, its a fantastic card, I regret trying to upgrade now, I had no choice however, the card literally burnt up.

- Fadeus Hawkwood

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• cjjones007cjjones007 Member Posts: 30

Ya,

You want a minimum of a 64MB Card just to even CONSIDER playin the game, and with the low costs of video cards now adays - my esteemed colleagues here are absolutley correct.

Go with either a GeFroce 4 TI 128MB RAM card or the GeForce GFX 5600 with 128MB RAM.

I've got two gaming machines, I'm running the 4 in one and the 5600 in the other, and while I experience some pretty decent lag on RvR and Big ToA Alliance Raids - All in All I can run effectively all PvE in game with little to no lag at all!

Cheers, image