Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does Ryzom have pvp?!?!

AbIeLAbIeL Member UncommonPosts: 152
does this game have pvp?!?!?

Comments

• jackobajackoba Member Posts: 124

yes.

..................and its pretty good :D

• poppa1poppa1 Member Posts: 3

yes and there are warring fractions( (there are 2 sides (Kami and Karavan) ) each has its own portals specific crafting plans..

..there are arena battles

..there are 1 vs 1 and team vs team PVP

.... there are also outpost battles...when winning an outpost you gain the ability for your guild to mine special "mats" and it also opens up different crafting plans.

so yes there are many "types" of PVP 

• ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955

what are the best skills to have for PVP? are guns any good?

• JamelaJamela Member Posts: 55
    Healing. It's kinda essential throughout the game, but crucially it allows a growing character to make a significant contribution to a team. Guns can be very effective, yes, especially when fired into a crowd.
  • frkhot97frkhot97 Member Posts: 393

PVP in Ryzom is consensual; you will have to be tagged to be attackable, or attack/defend an outpost, or enter a PVP area, or duel someone.

• frkhot97frkhot97 Member Posts: 393

Oui!

Except that there are players who stay tagged at all times. But yeah, Ryzom isn't designed for ganking really.

• breibenderbreibender Member Posts: 26
    Originally posted by peaceandlove

So there's only arena pvp? Like I can't come across someone from the opposite faction and kill them in the middle of nowhere?
    U can , there are regions who are open pvp.... also these regions happen to have the best mats of the game.
  • KomissarioKomissario Member Posts: 23
    If you feel like gankingthere are special underground regions Prime roots that are initially PvP zones. And since very precious  forage sources pop there these places attract numerous foragers and diggers.

Go there and gank all you like ;) If you can make it in alive that is :)

Cause there is enough aggro to slaughter an army of players and the only skill that can help you is IRL awareness and stealth. :D
  • RuhenRuhen Member Posts: 6
    Ganking wont be really tolerated by the community tho...
  • KomissarioKomissario Member Posts: 23
    Well yes of course the community will come to hunt you down :) But all the more fun with ganking :D

There even was a guild like this once Gankers they didn't exist long tho...
  • PegasusJFPegasusJF Member Posts: 268

If any Ryzom player here is familiar with the trials of alliance combat in 0.0 space in EVE Online.

How does the outpost warfare compare to that?

Is there a sense of a certain area being a group/alliance/factions home, where fighting for your homeland is a potent as fighting for the fun of it?

Just curious. I'm a devoted EVE player, and Ryzom seems to be the only game that would compare to EVE in the sense of it's open sandbox nature.

Thanks,

Pegasus

• GilgameeshGilgameesh Member UncommonPosts: 412
    Originally posted by PegasusJF

If any Ryzom player here is familiar with the trials of alliance combat in 0.0 space in EVE Online.
    How does the outpost warfare compare to that?
    Is there a sense of a certain area being a group/alliance/factions home, where fighting for your homeland is a potent as fighting for the fun of it?
    Just curious. I'm a devoted EVE player, and Ryzom seems to be the only game that would compare to EVE in the sense of it's open sandbox nature.
    Thanks,
    Pegasus
    In a certain sense, yes, as the OP are located in different continents, and each continent is the home of a race. But in general OP battles are worldwide battles because of the 2 factions in game, The first concept of OP battles was for GvG but players, making factioned guild aliances have turned it into FvF. Also, i would not compare the 2 pvp systems because Ryzom is a 'mass' pvp, having normally between 80-100 players involved into a battle (even more, sometimes) with less specializations than in EVE.

So, we have some race trying to own the OP of their continent, but in general there is not the same feeling about 'home' OP at the moment, because what matter is to own OP's, in any place they are.

About the sandbox nature of the game, yes Ryzom is full sandbox and it's comparable to EVE, in the 0.0 life.

Nickname registered on www.mynickname.org

• TheWarcTheWarc Member Posts: 1,199
    Originally posted by Ruhen

Ganking wont be really tolerated by the community tho...
    /sob

carebear
  • nynnivanynniva Member UncommonPosts: 235

Originally posted by peaceandlove
    Originally posted by frkhot97 PVP in Ryzom is consensual; you will have to be tagged to be attackable, or attack/defend an outpost, or enter a PVP area, or duel someone.

Oh, so I can't walk through the woods and think "hey, there's someone to gank". I actually, have to ask him " hey, can I gank you"?
    Ok, I'll pass then. thx

Yep, sorry. You can't ruin this game too ;P

Gaming? That's not gaming!
    That's just people sat 'round in costumes drinking...

• kyesmith13kyesmith13 Member Posts: 8
    I'm a massive fan of pvp in any games, ryzom is no different for me.

The main types of PvP are:

Mass PvP 100-200 players fighting over outposts, outposts are structures that if owned give great advantages.

Prime roots PvP, these are regions with the best materials around, you can kill someone taking something you want ect ;)

Arena pvp, a special pvp enabled place which hosts most pvp events, usuals 5v5, 1v1 and free for all.

Faction tagged pvp, like most games there are two religions, you can tag which enables you to fight anyone else of oposite religion who is tagged, no limits on numbers, where or when as long as your tagged your attackable.

And finally duels, 1 on 1 fights between players.

As for what skills are good for pvp:

Healing is very very important, as is elemental magic (damage dealing) affliction offers its usues too, the great advantage of magic is you can be damage dealing one moment and the next healing.

Melee is somewhat more complex (i love it, i would say the best part of ryzom for me) there are 11 types on melee, 2h handed does more damage but slower, 1handed is faster with less damage, prefer melee in mass pvp would be 2 handed axe cos of its great damage!

Ranged in pvp is very good too mainly used in the mass PvP (OP wars) there are 4 types of ranged the two most popular in mass pvp are launcher and auto launcher, cos they hit several people at once for 1200+ (at high lvl) with high range (auto launcher max ranged is 50m, launcher ranged is 60m).

hope that helps anyone wondering about pvp in ryzom :)