Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

favorite VSoH class ??

I have tried every class to this point, admittedly to only levels 10 to 15, but so far I most enjoy the role of blood mage. The ebb and flow of life wielded by this class is a fun balance to master.

Granted as my leveling increases and new skills are unlocked maybe my disposition towards this class will wane while another path lies enticingly open. Hmmmmm ... just how long can I survive as a soloing sorcerer.... I wonder.

What puts the caffeine in your cola?

Comments

• caldiscaldis Member Posts: 149

Bard, by a long shot for me.  Tons of utility, can solo if I have to (though I hate it) and amazing in a group.  Was pretty good in the teens but really hit it's stride in the low 20's.

I've also played a rogue to mid 20's but really wouldnt recomend it.  Horrible to solo, could be good if your duoing with someone who can hold aggro, works good in a group.  They are so reliant on stalking and hitting from behind and you just cant get that for more than one shot on your own.

• gothokaosgothokaos Member UncommonPosts: 145
    Goblin Bloodmage
  • RoyspiRoyspi Member Posts: 202

Before my duo partner quit I loved my rogue. Best rogue in any mmo I've ever played. My partner was a paladin though so it was easy to pull the aggro off me or heal me. Only other class I really enjoyed was the Bloodmage.

played the rogue to 32 and bloodmage to 19

...man i cant wait until they announce which servers are merging so i can reactivate my sub.

• hbosmanhbosman Member Posts: 107
    I love my ranger (lvl26). We have some crowd-control abilites, we can heal (a bit) and can do massive dmg meelee and ranged. Best part, we can forage and make our own ammo
  • Turtleneck37Turtleneck37 Member Posts: 91
    Psionicist would have to be my favorite class & are the best crowd control class IMO

Theres nothing better than seeing your tank freak out because he just pulled 3 mobs too many then you run up and mez one target make another attack his mirror and then charm an enemy into becoming your pet and making him attack the tanks target

• //\//\oo//\//\oo Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,767
    Originally posted by gothokaos

Goblin Bloodmage

I would have to agree.

This is a sequence of characters intended to produce some profound mental effect, but it has failed.

• ThamorisThamoris Member UncommonPosts: 686

Paladin

Despite my better judgement (based on past games where Pallys are kinda generic)I chose to make my main a Dwarven Paladin. I have been nicely surprised as to the variety offered to this school....routinely soloing 3 dot yellows  that are 3-5 lvs above my own which is quite satisfying and good xp. I can solo 2 dot reds depending on the mob which are 3-5 lvs above my own..routinely...3 dot yellows are better xp though.

I have experience playing some early levels  ( 1-10 ish ) in Bloodmage, Cleric, Disciple,Druid, Shaman,  Necromancer, and Ranger. Of those schools I have enjoyed Paladin the most.....though I did enjoy all of them and hope to level avatars in as many schools as possible. They all play so very different from eachother.

• olddaddyolddaddy Member Posts: 3,356

Wood Elf Wino. The challenge was navigating that tree city.....

• treysmoothtreysmooth Member UncommonPosts: 648
    My favorite and main is a 39 Dread Knight dark elf and its a blast.  I'm normally not a big tank person but man something so satisfying about the dread knight class.  Good dps, can heal myself in 3 different ways and the best debuffer in the game its a blast.  Like the Pally said of his class the DK also makes a good soloer when I desire so its been fun.

My second toon is a 32 wood elf ranger and its one of the best versions I've seen of a ranger.  The only down side is there are so many rangers but man they can do a bit of everything and are a blast to play.  For dps the ranger is up there and being able to heal yourself is just bonus.

I also have a 15 diciple I'm working on and I have to say its different than any healer I've ever played.  I used to be a Tera Kasa artist in swg and having martial arts and healing is a fun combo imo.

Anyway those are the 3 I'm playin with atm.

Peace
  • ZodanZodan Member Posts: 564
    Blood Mage, coolest healer ever. :)
  • CroseCrose Member Posts: 209
    Originally posted by Zodan

Agreed.  I loved my Blood Mage, great DPS for soloing and very engaging game play.  On top of watching your mana and your group's health, you have to watch your own health, your offensive target, and your ritual points on that target.  No one can ever say that playing a BM doesn't require skill.
  • FischerBlackFischerBlack Member Posts: 573
    Originally posted by Crose

Originally posted by Zodan

Agreed.  I loved my Blood Mage, great DPS for soloing and very engaging game play.  On top of watching your mana and your group's health, you have to watch your own health, your offensive target, and your ritual points on that target.  No one can ever say that playing a BM doesn't require skill.

I think i'll roll a BM one of these days. They do look cool.